If you are coming from. BB OS device, like my 9810, do you have access now to the full web page of sites with the Z10 that you could not access before?

Like for example the Citicards page on my 9810. At soke time in the past I could access it and log in with my 9810 without a problem. The they changed something and now I only get the crippled mobile page.
    One time going through a few hoops I managed to get to the full page, but upon logging in it told me that this wasn't possible on my current device.
    I do a lot of banking with my Citi Card account, and since there is no app I need that Z10 browser to work like the PC browser on this page.
    What is your experience with the Z10 browser so far?
    02-26-13 09:36 PM
    It's amazing. Full website load very quickly and everything is layed out well. couldn't be happier actually.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-26-13 09:39 PM
    z10's browser is very fast, especially when paired up with a fast connection, such as wifi. i can access pretty much every page's desktop version quickly. the only slow one is nhl.com, but the mobile page of that is fast as well
    02-26-13 09:40 PM
    So no more forcing the mobile page on you wherever you go?
    02-26-13 09:40 PM
    Depends on the website.

Some will push you to the mobile website based on what browser accessing from.
    02-26-13 09:41 PM
    Nope. There's an option in settings to change it to desktop mode

Depends on the website.

Some will push you to the mobile website based on what browser accessing from.
    No. There's a desktop mode in settings. Please don't answer unelss you know what you're talking about. Thanks
    02-26-13 09:42 PM
    Mine seems to be reloading pages or going black all of a sudden then coming back a few seconds later. other then that its really good.
    02-26-13 09:44 PM
    It's very impressive. It's like buttah.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 09:45 PM
    Its the best there is.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 09:50 PM
    That's great news folks, because I want a phone that has a browser that does NOT get forced to the mobile pages, as I mostly do not like them. They are crippled most of the time and with browsers on phones nowadays that are capable of more than what's made for flip phones, it's a shame to force an excellent browser to use the mobile page.

With a few exceptions, I don't care about apps. What I want is a phone with a browser that does not force me to use a PC to conduct my needs. Seems to me that the Z10 is the only phone right now that can deliver.
    02-26-13 09:54 PM
    Nope. There's an option in settings to change it to desktop mode

No. There's a desktop mode in settings. Please don't answer unelss you know what you're talking about. Thanks
    Really?

You're gonna be that guy?

Please, I fan. Forgive my slip. Let me crawl back into my hole as you rule the Internet.
    02-26-13 09:58 PM
    Good to hear the browser has lived up to all the hype of speed and usability. If browser app gets minimized does it continue to load up information? This is considered a native app with background support right, or am I way off base here? For instance on youtube website, video is loading and you minimize to go to another app will video continue to load while your in other app so when you come back it will be ready to play?
    02-26-13 10:00 PM
    OP: browser is great. My bank doesn't have an app for the z10 yet so I use their mobile site with ease. Toggling in and out of the desktop mode via browser settings let's u force the site in and out of mobile mode (as discussed above).

So with a little pinch and zoom u can view the full website with all of its rich content on your device.

It's a world of diff from the old devices.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    02-26-13 10:07 PM
    Good to hear the browser has lived up to all the hype of speed and usability. If browser app gets minimized does it continue to load up information? This is considered a native app with background support right, or am I way off base here? For instance on youtube website, video is loading and you minimize to go to another app will video continue to load while your in other app so when you come back it will be ready to play?
    The webpage does not load when minimized, not sure about video, because the youtube video play instantly, does not need to be load, at least for me though. Good thing is youtube video continue to play when the browser app minimized to active frame
    luv4berrycrack likes this.
    02-26-13 10:10 PM
    Yes what this user just said!
    I just tried to test it and hope some had the tech explanation but the sites load so fast that I couldn't get the browser out of view without the content loading first. Yes that fast.

Fantastic that YouTube videos will play (playing right now as I type this) when you navigate away from the browser.

luv4berrycrack likes this.
    02-26-13 10:13 PM
    Seems to be a decent browser. Not without its issues, but miles ahead of anything that BB has put out before.

Here are a few review snipits. Reviews seem mixed, so it's probably something you need to try for yourself:

The BlackBerry 10 browser is updated with a WebKit-based engine and HTML5 support. It does a decent job rendering websites and, on the BlackBerry Z10, felt pretty snappy.
    BlackBerry 10 OS review | NDTV Gadgets

The browser loads pages quickly when it decides to accept your presses, but it seems to abort trying to load pages with surprising frequency—even with cellular data turned off and on the same Wi-Fi network as other devices. When it does load, though, it's lightning quick.
    BlackBerry Z10 Review: Not Good Enough

The new BlackBerry Browser will be a welcome upgrade to any existing BlackBerry owner in particular, but although the browser performs well, it still doesn’t render nearly as fast or as well as my iPhone or Nexus 4. And that’s with Adobe Flash support turned off.

Also, zooming seems to be something that just does not work quite well — double tapping rarely zooms in to highlight the content you want to read, and the rendering of a page is jarring. It’s like the screen clears what’s rendering so you see white space and then it tries to fill it in as quickly as possible. There were also weird errors when the BlackBerry browser couldn’t load a page like The New York Times’ full website, where another phone next to me could pull it up instantly over the same Wi-Fi network. Rendering in general on the browser doesn’t seem to be on par with other high-end smartphones, to be honest.
    BlackBerry Z10 Review | BGR

Heavy browser use is where the inconsistencies bubble up, many of them having to do with rendering issues. Some mobile Web pages didn't render correctly, and it routinely took a very long time for Wikipedia pictures and Google Maps images to load in search results -- in some cases, minutes, even with the full power of 4G LTE.
    BlackBerry 10 OS Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

BlackBerry 10's browser is everything a modern mobile browser should be.
    BlackBerry Z10 review: a new life, or life support? | The Verge
    02-26-13 10:47 PM
    i was looking at it at costco....i've been seening some lag with flash videos (movies)...has anyone been experiencing the same?
    02-26-13 11:06 PM
    Zero lag on my wifi at home. Depending on the cell coverage it can buffer some. I'd be intrigued to know what Costco and other stores have as network coverage. Is it wifi or gsm etc in those massive concrete buildings. Clearly effects the demo's of the products.

I used to sell Rogers mobile phones way back and ironically the Rogers mall store had the absolute worst coverage for Rogers phones. Made demoing the products a disaster.

02-26-13 11:11 PM
    I've had a great experience with this browser.

Super fast. Loads many websites (like my bank) easily in desktop mode, with full functionality.

I've been able to watch streaming NHL games super easy, directly through the browser (Iphone and Android you NEED an extra app).

To the point of desktop vs mobile:
    - Sometimes the mobile site is better. I prefer the mobile version on some of the news sites I visit... its just easier to read as everything is easly scaled to fit the screen already.
    - But as others have mentioned, yes, you can switch easily to desktop mode to load the full version of sites.
    02-26-13 11:15 PM
    Z10 Browser - How good is it?-img_00000036.jpg

Is this the citicards website you asked about?
    02-26-13 11:19 PM
    If you are coming from. BB OS device, like my 9810, do you have access now to the full web page of sites with the Z10 that you could not access before?

Like for example the Citicards page on my 9810. At soke time in the past I could access it and log in with my 9810 without a problem. The they changed something and now I only get the crippled mobile page.
    One time going through a few hoops I managed to get to the full page, but upon logging in it told me that this wasn't possible on my current device.
    I do a lot of banking with my Citi Card account, and since there is no app I need that Z10 browser to work like the PC browser on this page.
    What is your experience with the Z10 browser so far?
    Z10 and 9810 browsers cannot be compared.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-26-13 11:19 PM
    Almost forgot about "Reader" mode. Use it almost daily to clear the clutter from some of the news sites. Anyone else use it alot?

02-26-13 11:26 PM
    Ralfyguy, I switched from 9810 to Z10. As much as I loved my 9810, (please note I switched to I5 but after returning it twice I went back to my 9810 and gladly awaited the arrival of BB10).

There really is no comparison between 9810 and z10. You will love it. It's fast, reliable, secure. I am thoroughly impressed!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 11:33 PM
    The double tap to zoom in on a section of a desktops Web page when flowing one handed is a great feature.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 01:09 AM
    Almost forgot about "Reader" mode. Use it almost daily to clear the clutter from some of the news sites. Anyone else use it alot?

love this option! and the fact that you can change the font size too.
    02-27-13 02:02 AM
43 12