Tonight i did a wipe of my Z10 to clear a small problem, i also decided (after restoring back up) that i would like to clear some email accounts from my Z10

i removed them from my accounts list but the still show in the HUB i have also tried to switch them off in the HUB settings

Any advise? ive reset the phone 3 times and they are still there.
    02-26-13 04:44 PM
    This morning I have also deleted the emails on each account in the hope they would go away lol

This keeps the message headers in each box on the hub but will not allow me to read them (because the are deleted)

Resetting the hub does not help. I guess I'm probably going to need to win the Z10 again lol

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 01:18 AM
    Deleting the account should remove the account from the hub too. Thats how it worked for me. Even my facebook account disappeared from the hub listing when i logged out of the FB app. Need to know whether i can remove the BBM folder from the hub? I turned off the bbm messages in the Hub Management, but i guess that only means the bbm messages will not show in the hub not that it removes the "BBM" Folder listed below the HUB. Thought of asking this question here since it was related rather than starting a new thread...
    02-27-13 01:59 AM
    Deleting the account should remove the account from the hub too. Thats how it worked for me. Even my facebook account disappeared from the hub listing when i logged out of the FB app. Need to know whether i can remove the BBM folder from the hub? I turned off the bbm messages in the Hub Management, but i guess that only means the bbm messages will not show in the hub not that it removes the "BBM" Folder listed below the HUB. Thought of asking this question here since it was related rather than starting a new thread...
    I thought it would work that way too lol I dont have the email accounts showing in settings but the hub just won't let me forget them lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 02:04 AM
    I was able to delete my gmail email and contacts but the caldav calendar attempt stayed on the phone after 2 wipes!!!

I ended up giving up on gmail and migrating to outlook.com then forgot about the caldav calendar but just checked and it is gone (it has been 3 days). Thank goodness.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    02-27-13 02:20 AM
    I was able to delete my gmail email and contacts but the caldav calendar attempt stayed on the phone after 2 wipes!!!

I ended up giving up on gmail and migrating to outlook.com then forgot about the caldav calendar but just checked and it is gone (it has been 3 days). Thank goodness.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    Thanks I might just delay the wipe and see if they leave on thier own lol

Posted via CB10
    LadyOfTheLAN likes this.
    02-27-13 02:35 AM
    Let's say you want to keep using an email account but don't want it to appear in the hub. Can you still have a separate icon that will notify you of messages with the spark?
    02-27-13 02:38 AM
    Let's say you want to keep using an email account but don't want it to appear in the hub. Can you still have a separate icon that will notify you of messages with the spark?
    I'm not sure lol the emails I've removed no longer recive messages but it shows the emails that were there before the accounts were removed.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 02:43 AM
    weird I just deleted my hotmail and yahoo accounts and they're gonzo...like they never exisited in the hub

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-27-13 02:45 AM
    It's strange the problem I had that made me wipe the device was when I had read my emails the hub would keep a notification on the lock peek screen. Maybe I've just got a buggy hub lol

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 03:04 AM
    I know it I'd a silly proposition but try restarting the hub by swiping 5 times diagonally from the upper right corner inward while in the hub to see how it loads up and if they go away?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 03:18 AM
    Doesn't sound possible. And i am wondering whether i can delete my BBM folder from just the hub!
    02-27-13 03:22 AM
    I think you can remove the BBM folder in Hub Management. Hopefully, that doesn't remove BBM altogether!
    02-27-13 03:24 AM
    Ok just a side note: have you deleted the messages from the inbox of that account in the hub if you have not The account in the hub will probably stay there until the mail retencin period is due.

I deleted all relevant emails from hub area of a specific account then deleted the account from settings and it all wen away directly without even a restart. Try it out and let us know.

It should work out like that I think.

All the best.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 03:25 AM
    I think you can remove the BBM folder in Hub Management. Hopefully, that doesn't remove BBM altogether!
    How can u remove the BBM folder...infact how do you remove any folder from there? I only see the option of turning the messages off in the hub but it still is all there in the folders in the hub...
    02-27-13 03:28 AM
    In the hub, click on the three little dots, bottom right. Now choose Settings,Hub Management then pick which accounts you wish to appear . That's how I dd it. I have 4 email accounts I use but only really need to keep in touch with one and found the hub a bit messy showing everything so took off the three extra. I still receive messages from them but have to click on the bottom Hub icon to see into those accounts separate.
    02-27-13 03:35 AM
    In the hub, click on the three little dots, bottom right. Now choose Settings,Hub Management then pick which accounts you wish to appear . That's how I dd it. I have 4 email accounts I use but only really need to keep in touch with one and found the hub a bit messy showing everything so took off the three extra. I still receive messages from them but have to click on the bottom Hub icon to see into those accounts separate.
    Thats what i did...but the folders remain on the left
    02-27-13 03:40 AM
    Thats what i did...but the folders remain on the left
    That's strange. I've just put one of mine back on with this method and straight away the messages are visible in hub. I then turned it off again and they were gone. Sorry I don't know what else you can try.
    02-27-13 03:53 AM
    I know it I'd a silly proposition but try restarting the hub by swiping 5 times diagonally from the upper right corner inward while in the hub to see how it loads up and if they go away?

Posted via CB10
    Tried this a few times lol I'm going to add one account back then delete again see if this helps lol

I've also noticed calls are still showing in hub even though I've got it turned off in hub management lol

It's all good fun

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-27-13 03:58 AM
    Let me understand something: you want to keep the account active on the phone but not having the emails pop in the hub (hub I mean only the top tab on the list of the message centre, not the list of associated accounts in the phone.) if this is what you want, then by settings of the account disable from settings -> hub management. Doing that should not incorporate new messages for the specific account on the top tab of the accounts list i.e the hub. The account should still be present in the list of enabled account on the phone in the account list under the hub tab. Any mails that were there prior to disabling the hub incorporation will still appear in the hub tab.

If you want to get rid of the email account all together from the phone, then try the prior post description as it definitely work.

Hope this makes sense...?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:13 AM
    Lol confusing having too issues in one post lol

My out come from test -

I re added the account and the hub showed the the old account that won't go and the freshly added one.

I synced my mail then deleted all messages then removed the account boom that one went from the email hub but the old one still remained

It looks like deleting emails 1st helps and deleting the account 1st upsets the hub lol

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:36 AM
    Problem solved

Re installed my accounts with BB link (Backup) then deleted the emails in the inbox's, then removed accounts I'm now free of the accounts i did not want lol

I guess in a strange way it makes sense lol some people may want to keep the emails that they received pre removal lol
    02-27-13 03:31 PM
    I've deleted my facebook account and removed the app from my Z10, but it's still in my hub. Not sure what to do next.
    03-20-13 08:27 PM
    Did you ever find the solution?

It took me quite some time, but BB did offer what worked for me. 5 diagonal swipes to reset the Hub.
    supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Email-message-can-t-be-displayed/td-p/2176877
    07-22-14 09:35 AM