So been enjoying my Z10 on T-Mobile for a couple of days now, and I discovered a pleasant surprise:

Prior to the Z10, I was using an HTC 8X on T-Mo's 4G, and while it was a good phone, the signal strength sucked. I didn't always have full bars in areas I thought I should, and I would have barely any signal at my desk at work, unless I kept the phone in a certain location. To my pleasant surprise, when I took my Z10 to work, I had full 4G signal strength everywhere in my office. I had better signal than my work VZW iPhone 4 and my wife's iPhone 5 on T-Mo "4G" (i put it in quotes because she barely gets 4G speeds).

Because I cannot fully explain in words my adoration of the Z10, the only thing I can say about it is...it's 10riffic (read: "ten-riffic")...can't wait until it is officially released in the US so I can get rid of my iPhone 4, sell my wife's iPhone 5 (so she can use my current Z10), get a Z10 from work with BES10, and enjoy it even further with BlackBerry Balance. Oh happy days are on their way!!
    bjw408h, lwaysluking and frannip like this.
    02-26-13 12:38 PM
    good to hear youre loving it!
    02-26-13 12:41 PM
    Just confirming... this is a fido/rogers unit, so it is model #RFK121LW, right?
    02-26-13 12:53 PM
    Just confirming... this is a fido/rogers unit, so it is model #RFK121LW, right?
    it's an STL100-3 from Fido, and according to BB Docs, the -3 comes in RFK121LW and RFF91LW, so i'm going to say yes...it is RFK121LW...
    02-26-13 01:29 PM
    I know what you mean, where I live the signal's always been marginal, I can have conversations but only if a phone's on speaker phone or the signal dies. However, the Z10 has a good strong signal here at home, first phone in 20 years to display so, and I can now have conversations whilst holding the device
    02-26-13 01:53 PM
    Signal on the Z10 is terrific. In the basement, I wouldn't get any reception with my Android but on the Z10 I get almost full bars.
    02-26-13 02:04 PM
    I can confirm this is the case with my Z10 too. I'd briefly switched over to a Nexus 4 & Galaxy Nexus and found that I lost reception in my basement as well as on a certain strip of road close to my house. I'd grown accustomed to not making/receiving calls when I was in that patch. I'd also blamed T-Mobile on the issue cos their coverage has been spotty in my area for almost 2 years now.

But, God @$mn; does the Z10 hold to a network or what..... I've been able to make and receive calls with just a single bar all the way from home & my basement and I've dropped a call just once since I received my Z10 two weeks ago. Even my wife's call has dropped on her N4; and she's on ATT which has better coverage here....

Bad T-Mobile - still no cookie for you....good going Blackberry - you've stayed true to your core strengths.
    lwaysluking and frannip like this.
    02-26-13 03:12 PM
    I can confirm this is the case with my Z10 too. I'd briefly switched over to a Nexus 4 & Galaxy Nexus and found that I lost reception in my basement as well as on a certain strip of road close to my house. I'd grown accustomed to not making/receiving calls when I was in that patch. I'd also blamed T-Mobile on the issue cos their coverage has been spotty in my area for almost 2 years now.

But, God @$mn; does the Z10 hold to a network or what..... I've been able to make and receive calls with just a single bar all the way from home & my basement and I've dropped a call just once since I received my Z10 two weeks ago. Even my wife's call has dropped on her N4; and she's on ATT which has better coverage here....

Bad T-Mobile - still no cookie for you....good going Blackberry - you've stayed true to your core strengths.
    HAHAHA, I actually had to stifle my laugh because I'm at work. I blamed T-Mo this whole time too!! Kinda feel bad (not really...maybe 20%), but it is awesome. My boss has an iPhone 5 (with spotty signal) so I walked over to him, showed my full bars and said, "sucka!"
    lwaysluking likes this.
    02-26-13 03:21 PM
    You would think the carrier would be able to test a phone's sensitivity, and have very strict rules on how low it can be. Because the average person will blame the carrier unless they start doing comparisons with friends' phones.
    02-26-13 04:04 PM
    I like the sound of this thread
    rav813 likes this.
    02-26-13 04:09 PM