Hey Everyone,

Im having trouble with the software update on my Z10. I have deleted and removed linked in, twitter, box, and newsstand from the device as I dont use them and dont want them on the phone at all.

Before deleting them, the software was up to date to 10.0.10.58.

However, after I remove these apps and check for a software update from the settings, it says theres a new update of 8mb for the applications, version 10.0.10.58.
    Once I go through with the update, it reinstalls the previously listed apps.

Needless to say its driving me nuts and I would like to be able to update the device without having these apps which are useless for me.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

Much appreciated!
    02-26-13 09:30 AM
    They are generally pre-installed aren't they? Meaning that they are set by default with each update. Might be why they keep coming back.
    tceagle and akabbani like this.
    02-27-13 12:15 PM
    Any way to permanently get rid of them?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:02 AM
    The ones that are pre-installed, are not able to be permanently removed. Same thing with the PlayBook.
    akabbani likes this.
    02-28-13 05:10 AM
    It is a known bug from Link or BB. If you remove a builtin apps, automatically BB Link will detect an update ...
    akabbani likes this.
    02-28-13 05:11 AM
    It is a known bug from Link or BB. If you remove a builtin apps, automatically BB Link will detect an update ...
    Sooo.... being a 'known bug' does this mean its going to be fixed? Its understandable that core apps can't be removed but the core apps don't have a trash can beside them. If a user deletes an app with the trash can, being resent those unused & deleted apps as a 'software update' isn't really an update, it's a nuisance. If they can't be removed permanently I guess we could put them in a folder called "crap" but removal should surely be allowed.
    03-02-13 12:28 PM
    Don't think it's a bug. As I mentioned any pre installed app(that came with the phone) can not be deleted.
    Same with the pre installed apps that came with the PlayBook.
    If they bother you just make a folder and stick them there

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 12:56 PM
    Yes op driving me nuts too.

I've deleted the Rogers apps several times and then i keep getting a notification of a 6meg update. Rogers is great and all but I really don't need the Rogers1 and new stand app to be downloaded with ever update. Annoying.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-02-13 01:21 PM
    Folks, complain to the carrier, not BlackBerry. Other than the core apps, it is the carrier that decides which auxilary apps are added to their OS build.
    03-02-13 02:13 PM
    Yeah this is really irritating me as well. I'm going to drop Telus a message and see if something can be done about this - I don't even have a LinkedIn or Foursquare account, why does it have to keep reinstalling the apps for me?
    03-02-13 02:14 PM
    Folks, complain to the carrier, not BlackBerry. Other than the core apps, it is the carrier that decides which auxilary apps are added to their OS build.
    Carrier wants everyone to have foursquare and newsstand and linkedin? I don't think so... "Crap" folder it is...
    03-02-13 07:33 PM
    Thanks for everyone's reply. Pretty sure it's not an issue with the carrier as I bought it unlocked from a mobile store.

Hoping I will be able to get rid of them with the next software update.

Speaking of a software update. I know there's been one going around nut only with a few carriers. Since my phone is unlocked and carrier free, how do I get this update? its currently STL100-1 and 10.0.10.58.

Anyone know a way?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 06:27 AM
    Forgot to mention I purchased it from Dubai and using it with a Spanish simcard... if that helps

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 06:29 AM
    Speaking of a software update. I know there's been one going around nut only with a few carriers. Since my phone is unlocked and carrier free, how do I get this update? its currently STL100-1 and 10.0.10.58.
    The updates are carrier-determined and based on the carrier SIM in the phone. When your carrier has one available they'll either push a message to you or you can always check in Settings > Software Updates.
    03-03-13 07:25 AM