today i updated to the new OS (10.0.9.348 i believe) from that exact version (not sure why it wanted to upgrade to the same version number). Since then (though not necessarily related), blackberry world does not show an icon, just a little {triangle,circle,square} symbol. clicking it flashes to the app window, but does not start or bring up an app. following app website links does the same, triggering something but nothing occurs.

Any tips?
    02-25-13 06:19 PM
    I've had the same problem as you for a couple of days now. I have tried wiping the phone a few times but the app doesn't show up at all after. Hopefully we can get some answers, good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 06:27 PM
    I'm having the same problem.. tried new OS via the web, wipe, restore, different computers, new bb id, nothing! My carrier says is a BB problem, call BB and I cant get thru to tech support without buying a ticket. I tweet blackberry support and it takes them 2 days to DM you back with a generic response! So frustrating

Anyone know how to fix this or if there`s a number to call and get through?

BTW backing up then restoring is horrible! All my 'linked contacts' are now gone, many of my other contacts have duplicates... I have to go through my massive address book just to link it all together again.
    02-25-13 07:45 PM
    oh no hope its a patchable thing!

Ive done a reboot and a battery pull to no avail.
    02-25-13 09:45 PM
    Surprised there's not more on how to fix this... reading through various web forums this seems to be a (somewhat) common problem. Very annoying!
    02-26-13 02:07 PM
    i had it happen before with the file manager app, but that was due to some glitch in setting up dropbox, and a reboot fully solved the issue. This seems linked to the update that the BB link software told me i needed to.

would love to see it fixed, since it impedes my adding apps to the device. I dont want to do a security wipe or complex backing up to fix it.
    02-26-13 02:47 PM
    Did anyone with this issue get the latest OS from Rogers or Telus? I'm having a different issue with World and hope that the new OS fixes it (whenever Bell gets around to pushing it out).
    03-01-13 07:44 PM
    Since I've had this problem for a week and a half or so, I was just wondering if anyone's Blackberry World was restored with the recent OS update?

I'm still waiting for the update (Bell)
    03-01-13 08:47 PM
    Has this been resolved?

Newest 10.85/10.672 update may be the fix

Posted using my Cando-American Z10 via CB10
    03-01-13 08:47 PM
    I'm sure hoping it is. I really don't want to have to do a full wipe and reload just for World to function again.

My issue is a little different. I can't get into my world or download anything since I tried to update the Bridge app.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:03 PM
    I got my BB world back... after a few tweets with @blackberryhelp, they said to call my service provider tech support and ask them to escalate the case to BB support. Had to wipe and restore but they got it to work. BB support was very good but still a pain to get all this done.
    03-01-13 10:27 PM
    I'm with rogers and after my update BlackBerry world was still here

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:49 PM
    I got my BB world back... after a few tweets with @blackberryhelp, they said to call my service provider tech support and ask them to escalate the case to BB support. Had to wipe and restore but they got it to work. BB support was very good but still a pain to get all this done.
    May you explain better? I called vodafone italy to solve it, but they didn't have any bb support. What should i ask them?
    I have no bb world since 2nd day.
    03-03-13 10:33 AM
    Go to "My music" tap 3 dots press bbworld, should work
    04-18-13 07:46 PM
    In case anyone else wants to discuss this here is a monster thread on it... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=796962

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:04 PM
    All you have to do is click on music icon... then hit the three dots and open app world through there. it will work. and it fixes the problem... now when i click on app world its works perfectly fine. Hope this helps
    04-19-13 09:21 PM
    I don't have an Open in App world option in Music

Posted via CB10, from my DarthBerry
    04-19-13 10:30 PM
    Got it to work, from Irsam from the forums:

In the browser, type appworld:/music in the address bar

Swipe from above

Go to settings, General, go into one of the options and then hit the back button till the main screen.

Weird...

04-19-13 10:54 PM
    (sorry, that should have been two "/" instead of a single one in the address bar)

04-19-13 10:56 PM
    Blackberry has tweeted they have fixed this. Will anyone confirm?
    04-19-13 10:57 PM
    I saw a tweet yesterday and still had the issue til a few minutes ago

04-19-13 11:02 PM