Hi

i habe some experience to manage my music on Z10.

So iam using a 64GB SD Card for Files, Music or Video�s

Today i bought a new album on defected.com.
    After that, i transfered into a DIR on SD Card: /music/album all files.

On Music Player Z10 - it will not sorted rightly:

On bibliothek i have it not in 1 box
    On Playlist i have the information on each music file: local file missing

And on other places it will mixed with 2 other DIR�s on SD card.

Whats going wrong here?

Alex
    02-25-13 03:07 PM
    Just because you are having issues hardly justifies the tag "Managing Music-horrible on Z10.... why not wait and make sure the OP is not doing something wrong as opposed to the managing music on the Z10.....

02-25-13 03:19 PM
    Sounds like you should format the media card and start over. I find the z10 handles music perfectly and had no problems, it's very organized.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 and bluetroll like this.
    02-25-13 03:23 PM
    Is there a way to view things in LIST format as opposed to thumbnails?
    02-25-13 03:37 PM
    Sorry but on my Z10 all is mixed up. Nothing tagged in their DIR�s.

So iam transferring my files via USB directly to my SDcard. After that, all Albums are in their DIR�s.

But on my Musicplayer, nothing is correctly tagged from their directorys.

So whats going on?
    02-25-13 03:46 PM
    Are the tags correct for the files? Check how the music program that you use on the Z10 sorts the media and edit the tag information of your music files accordingly.
    02-25-13 03:52 PM
    I sync mine via itunes and I have not had any of the above issues. Another guy here at work syncs via windows media player, he also has no problems. We both have over 20 gigs of music each. Perhaps you want to try using Link and itunes or windows media to organize and sync.
    02-25-13 03:53 PM
    Yup, there is.
    02-25-13 03:58 PM
    perhaps it is the ID3 tags on the music files themselves that are messed up. I have 10GB of music on the sd in my z10, copied from my playbook via dragging and dropping and everything looks fine for me.
    02-25-13 03:59 PM
    The Z10 can only manage music as long as the file format is correct, the playlist file either uses relative paths and is in the correct directly or uses absolute paths but is made with the Z10 itself, and lastly that the ID tags are correct.

If I were you I would do a bit of cleanup on the files before trying to throw them on the SD card or stop buying music from "defected" because I seriously doubt this is a problem with the Z10.

I have used BB Link to copy all my music to my device and it did a great job of getting album art from the folder, playlists worked perfectly and because I have correctly tagged my songs, everything is organized on my device.
    02-25-13 04:20 PM
    My z10 had the cannot find local media errors on my playlists twice. I had to recreate the lists.

Also it could not find a new song in my sd card once. Restarting the device fixed it.

More over, it lost one of my album art for no reason and now it is a black active frame every time I play the album
    It dose not even want to show the blue default album art for unknown album.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    02-25-13 05:19 PM
    Not possible to transfer my iTunes music from mac to Z10.

Mostly i have missing local files as error on Z10 or Playlist will not show up in BB Link.
    For example: I bought my Album from defected.com -> copied to iTunes in my Playlist.
    Then started BB Link. Playlist did not appear in my BB Link list.
    So this is really unusable software/tool

Whats going on here?
    02-25-13 05:21 PM
    Say what you want about Link and managing music on Z10. You will never understand the true meaning of frustration until u use iTunes. Apple is the only company ever that managed to drive me nuts in desktop and in mobile.

Sorry for the rant guys. Just spent about half an hour trying to connect my girlfriend's iPad to myPC. How can every single program on the computer see the connected iPad and iTunes can't??? So annoying

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 05:29 PM
    iTunes + iPad/iPhone connected to a PC or MAC works without ANY problems.

Why i still get errors like no local files or Music Playlist will not show in BB Link?

This is frustrating me really and shortly to throw the Z10 on the wall.

Plugged a iPhone to any Music store and sync between minutes without any problems or stoppers ...

Don�t use a Windows PC - thats Bulls..... ! Use a Mac. The only thing that works ...
    02-25-13 05:41 PM
    So the facts are:

-> Transfer from Local files dir (Mac) to Z10 via USB Link withoug BB Link -> Music will not show rightly in separate playlist on Z10
    -> or i have missing local files

-> try to use BB Link -> Not all Playlist from iTunes will show up on BB Link -> not able to transfer music
    -> or other playlist have missing files (DRM related - ok no RIM problem - but still unusable)

So all of my music (45GB) is bought thru iTunes or defected.com - and i cannot transfer it easily from MAC to Z10 -> SD Card.
    Thats frustrating me too much ...

Any other options or choices for me? Go back to f... iPhone?
    02-25-13 05:44 PM
    try formatting the sd card in your z10 and copying your music and playlists back over. crackberry recommended formatting all sd cards for use with the z10 in the z10.
    02-25-13 06:08 PM
    It works top notch for me! 1 gripe would I have is it would be nice if it had a dedicated folder for ring tones and sounds. But I just made the folder labeled them with the letter "Z" in front of the title so they are at the bottom of my music and out if the way and at the same time I know exactly where they are when I need them.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 06:34 PM
    I have also experienced the frustration of trying to get my DRM free iTunes library from my MAC to Z10 -> SD card. After two weeks I finally just took the SD Card from my Galaxy Note 10.1 placed it in the Z10 and now I have all my music with playlists and album art.
    02-25-13 06:36 PM
    iTunes + iPad/iPhone connected to a PC or MAC works without ANY problems.

Why i still get errors like no local files or Music Playlist will not show in BB Link?

This is frustrating me really and shortly to throw the Z10 on the wall.

Plugged a iPhone to any Music store and sync between minutes without any problems or stoppers ...

Don�t use a Windows PC - thats Bulls..... ! Use a Mac. The only thing that works ...
    Obviously not. Windows PC works fine, Apple products are incompatible with anything other than other apple products.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 06:53 PM
    Have 4 gigs on my sd card. No problems putting on or taking off music. I also don't use sync. I'm a drag and drop type of guy.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    02-25-13 07:30 PM
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    LMAO!!!!! absolutely LOVE this!
    02-25-13 09:18 PM
    yes just pull down on the album art...took me a day to figure that out!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-26-13 01:39 AM
    What codec are they in? Defected only has MP3 as far as I'm concerned.

This is a memory card issue, not the music player. If it is, Defected uses some lame method to tag stuff then, in that case, you would have to fix yourself. I suggest trying it with the device memory.
    02-26-13 01:43 AM
    One more suggestion: Check which ID3-Tag-version is supported by the player. Maybe the id3 tags are in the wrong version. You can use the program mp3tag to correct.
    02-26-13 01:48 AM
    One more suggestion: Check which ID3-Tag-version is supported by the player. Maybe the id3 tags are in the wrong version. You can use the program mp3tag to correct.
    Sorry, as i sai: Iam on MAC. So not MP3Tag editor possible.

But on moving / copy files to Android: Works also perfectly. Only Z10 has such problems.

And SD Card should not broken. It was formatted without any errors on my Z10.
    02-26-13 10:13 AM
32 12