I bought IMplus for my old OS7 device, the licence says its for life, I now have a BB Z10 and there is a version of IMplus in Blackberry world for BB10. problem is, you are charged as soon as you download from BBworld, (I've already paid) I have my license key. but on the IMplus website (IM+: Instant Messaging, IM+ Talk, Business Card Reader for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Android, Symbian, Java, Palm webOS) They dont list the BB10 version for download, my question is , has anyone been able to transfer their license over to the Z10?
    I have tried to contact shape but dont get a reply, it seems like they just want to charge new customers and the old customers dont have an option apart from buying a new license.
    any advice appreciated.
    02-24-13 07:07 PM
    The license doesn't transfer over to BlackBerry 10 you'd have to pay for it again. To be honest I purchased a license as well and I wouldn't pay for it again so no IM+ for me that being said I thought the client worked poorly on my 9900. Constantly disconnecting on Skype chat, which is the only reason I purchased the program to begin with. So I don't think I'd even download it if my license did transfer over.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 12:03 AM
    Thanks,
    I just received a reply from IMplus:

Hello,

thank you for the request.
    IM+ for BlackBerry and IM+ for BlackBerry 10 are different applications and they use the different ways to be registered.

IM+ for BlackBerry 10 is distributed exclusively via BlackBerry AppWorld and it does not need to be registered.
    You just need to order the application at the store.
    There is no way to change the licenses for you, sorry.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

sounds like a con to me. by that logic when whatssap finaly lands they will ask us to pay for it again.
    02-25-13 03:53 AM
    How is implus for the BB10? Is it worth gettting? I too had issues with it on BB7 and I am wondering if its been improved.
    03-17-13 05:52 AM
    It's a mess and does not work as it should!
    I have it and I'm very disappointed!
    pltan75 likes this.
    03-17-13 05:57 AM
    I wonder if Beejive will develop for the BlackBerry platform again? I used it on legacy devices and found it to be better than IM+
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-17-13 08:49 AM
    It's a mess and does not work as it should!
    I have it and I'm very disappointed!
    Thanks for saving me five bucks!
    03-17-13 10:05 AM
    I wonder if Beejive will develop for the BlackBerry platform again? I used it on legacy devices and found it to be better than IM+
    Same here. It's worth an email to find out. I'll see what they say.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-18-13 02:24 PM
    Agreed sadly they have more or less become a ghost town lol

Posted via CB10
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-18-13 02:27 PM
    With skype nowhere in sight, has implus improved? How about just for text chat?
    03-24-13 02:58 PM
    I emailed beejive a week ago and no response. Very professional. A shame. I had them for as long as they have apps avail to the general public- top notch app. ;;;;;sigh;;;;;

I wouldn't mind spending the $4.99 on IM+ but SO MANY of the reviews on BB World keep setting their heel on it. I really just want it for FaceBook chat but even that I'm not sure if it's worth the bother. Though, if noting else is going to be available . . . . when in Rome.
    03-29-13 03:43 PM
    I had purchased this app for the older BBOS (and liked it alot), and then again for PlayBook - and really didn't like the experience on PlayBook. Then they came out with a free version of an Android port which worked better than the PBOS and that annoyed me. So when I have to buy it again for OS10 - no thank you. I will hope for another cross platform app or hope eventually they offer a free one I won't pay for it again
    03-29-13 06:31 PM
    Thanks,
    I just received a reply from IMplus:

Hello,

thank you for the request.
    IM+ for BlackBerry and IM+ for BlackBerry 10 are different applications and they use the different ways to be registered.

IM+ for BlackBerry 10 is distributed exclusively via BlackBerry AppWorld and it does not need to be registered.
    You just need to order the application at the store.
    There is no way to change the licenses for you, sorry.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

sounds like a con to me. by that logic when whatssap finaly lands they will ask us to pay for it again.
    They generally do register through different methods...

BB10 app .bars are encrypted per device, BB apps register through a license key that matches to your device pin on their server.
    03-29-13 06:45 PM
    I emailed beejive a week ago and no response. Very professional. A shame. I had them for as long as they have apps avail to the general public- top notch app. ;;;;;sigh;;;;;

I wouldn't mind spending the $4.99 on IM+ but SO MANY of the reviews on BB World keep setting their heel on it. I really just want it for FaceBook chat but even that I'm not sure if it's worth the bother. Though, if noting else is going to be available . . . . when in Rome.
    They have not been replying for a very long time now. They are no longer supporting their products. I have a feeling they are just cashing in on sales but aren't really in business anymore.

Posted via CB10
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-29-13 07:21 PM
    They have not been replying for a very long time now. They are no longer supporting their products. I have a feeling they are just cashing in on sales but aren't really in business anymore.

Posted via CB10
    very sad.
    03-29-13 09:39 PM