As an Android user most of my phone life, I had grown used to how terrible virtual keyboards are. To me, with my fat clumsy thumbs, it was just so frustrating. And, worse than Android was iPhone's never changing, no customization keyboard. Android's secondary market keyboards CRUSH iPhone. I briefly owned a BB Bold 9930 and that's when I fell in love with Blackberry and the physical keyboard. But, wow, playing with the Z10 for a week now, I will tell you, it's on a different level. It's so much more accurate, so smooth. It looks and sounds incredible. I don't use the auto predictions about the keys, that slows me down trying to look at them. I'm that fast. I may stick with the Z10 even when the Q10 comes out.
    kccman likes this.
    02-23-13 09:10 PM
    The z10 with auto corrections turned on is the way to go. I can type faster and better on my Z10 than I could on a physical keyboard, i don't even have to look at the keys, I'm serious.
    anon(2757538), kccman and meganVee like this.
    02-23-13 09:18 PM
    For the last 3 years I've said I'll never get an iPhone because I hated touch screens! And I still do but there's something about the Z10 screen and virtual keyboard that's made me change my mind, doubt I'll ever go back to a phone like the Bold now because it's better having the bigger screen.

I had an iPod touch and I hated using it to speak to people e.g. on Facebook etc. Because of the amount of times I had to go back to fix mistakes I made using the virtual keyboard, but on the Z10 I can type just as fast as I did on the 9790.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:19 PM
    Same boat as jesse_h.

I was so scared leaving my 9900, but after a week or so after the keyboard learned how I typed, the experience has been, dare I say, orgasmic.
    02-23-13 09:20 PM
    The z10 with auto corrections turned on is the way to go. I can type faster and better on my Z10 than I could on a physical keyboard, i don't even have to look at the keys, I'm serious.
    I know I can type faster on my Z10 than any of my previous qwerty keyboards
    dracolnyte likes this.
    02-23-13 09:24 PM
    Great thread, Mr Hat. Being the QWERTY die-hard that I am, lack of a physical keyboard (and trackpad) is my biggest concern about going to a full touch-screen phone. And I'm not particularly sold on the Q10, either. Everything I'm hearing is that the Z10's keyboard is pretty much head-and-shoulders above anybody else's. Love reading this kind of feedback.
    02-23-13 09:30 PM
    I also held off in the iPhone claiming I could never type properly on a touch screen (evident in my iMsg convos I've had with my friends in which I'd have to retype my message at least 3 times). Now however having my z10 for the last 2.5 weeks its definitely picked up on where my fingers mistype and I honestly find it better than my 9900 because when I mistype words (ie switching letters around due to my need to type quickly) it would never auto correct properly. Love it so much!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:31 PM
    I believed that I don't need it anymore after using the Z10 for a while.

Had to use an old BlackBerry with physical keyboard recently and it reminded me how good it is.

Will be switching to Q10 when it comes out.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    Last edited by sotgl3000; 02-23-13 at 11:04 PM.
    02-23-13 09:41 PM
    i am definitely typing faster on my Z10 than my Bold. but the easily accessible and ready keyboard make shortcuts so much more convenient.
    kccman likes this.
    02-23-13 10:58 PM
    I cant type well or fast on a touch phone, iphone or z10. I prefer the 9900 keyboard,that and the 9000 were amazing.
    02-24-13 12:01 AM
    Bottom line? People can change if the right product comes along.

Cool to see.
    meganVee and BlackBerry Guy like this.
    02-24-13 12:04 AM
    Same boat as Craig.

I refused to touch an I phone because I did not like touch screen. I have an ipod touch and it frustrates me to no end when trying to type with it. The auto correct drives me insane lol. I played with my dad's s3 and I did not like the keyboard on that either. I took a leap from the 9810 of which I only ever used the physical keyboard to this and I will NEVER go back!!! Love love love this keyboard!!!

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    02-24-13 12:44 AM
    The amazing predictive features are awesome. I've not seen any other touch screen device. Be as accurate as z10

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    02-24-13 01:30 AM
    The touch keyboard experience of Z10 is very responsive and great and i love it to the core. But i do miss the track pad since it is quite troublesome to edit words.
    02-24-13 02:05 AM
    Even though it's far beyond what I've experienced in other touch screen kb's (Android, iOS), and I know it's still learning me and I'm still acclimating to it after only a week of use, I'm keeping an eye on the Q10. By the time it comes out, I may be totally converted, but if the Z10 doesn't get upgraded to 10.1 within that time frame I may still move over to the more refined OS version that will be shipping with the Q.
    02-24-13 02:30 AM
    A friend of mine went from needing/wanting the Q10, to wanting the Z10 because of this.

I for one enjoy touchscreens and although I do love the keyboard on the 99XX, I'd choose the Z10 over the Q10 because of auto-correct and how I've adapted to touchscreen keyboards.
    02-24-13 02:41 AM
    I thought I was a qwerty guy and was going to wait for the Q until I tried the Z10

Forget the Q, Now when I go back to my 9900, the keyboard feels clunky and outdated.

Z10 keyboard is quite good, and I enjoy the extra screen size. Win win for me.
    kccman likes this.
    02-24-13 02:49 AM
    I understood only yesterday how to really use the virtual keyboard. One should not try to type one letter at a time but word after word. It is only when one presses the space bar that the desired word actually appears. The first couple of days I was typing like I was used to typing on my 9900 and was taking ages. Now I type much quicker on the Z10. Just wait until you press the space bar! Don't look too much on the screen.
    And when I type in French, I don't have to worry about the accents, they will come, most of the time, automatically .

Just let yourself go, you will be amazed!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 02:55 AM
    Not me, it only confirmed my love for the physical qwerty, I'm pretty good on the Z10 but I enjoy typing on the qwerty, on my 9900 I simply looked forward for typing on it.

I'll have more time with the Z10 until I can upgrade to the Q10, I'll see how I feel in a few of months but I doubt anything will change.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 03:02 AM
    Yeah, blackberry curve was my first smart phone and i fell inlove with the physical qwerty and have been a blackberry fan since, after owning the z10 i have to say i am faster and happier on a full touch phone. Blackberry have done an amazing job with their keyboard.
    02-24-13 03:22 AM
    I was a die hard physical keyboard proponent. Was convinced I could not use a touch screen for daily typing. The Z10 proved me wrong.
    Make no mistake, I do get frustrated with it at least once a day when I try to type something slang or use jargon and it is very frustrating having to type and retype the same thing over and over. But that has more to do with user error than the phone. After having used the touch screen keyboard I don't think I will go back to a physical keyboard.
    02-24-13 03:32 AM