What's going on with the media picking up on this nonsense about only 300,000 z10 being sold. I bet that was the first week of sales alone and these analyst spouting this crap are trying to manipulate the stock to cover their shorts on the stock. I know blackberry can now comment on this nonsense until they give their earnings. I can't wait for this, it will be sweet when blackberry blows this 300,000 number away and the back tracking or spinning that these analyst will make. Only question I have is will the media report how wrong these analyst are and that they obviously are trying to manipulate the stock to cover their positions?
    02-23-13 10:16 AM
    I almost think that that is the ploy. Bad press equals stock sell offs. And if it hits ten bucks by March 28th these analysts can buy it up and reap the rewards when BlackBerry "shatters expectations" with first quarter sales in the millions on the 30th.

Of course I could be wrong but this makes sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:21 AM
    Quarterly sales end next week.
    If you think it is in the millions, then by all means buy the stock.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-23-13 10:30 AM
    I'm not going to bet in millions.

This is a pretty common "Analyst" tactic though. This kind of manipulation happens every time Apple makes an announcement.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 01:05 PM
    Blackberry is a volatile stock right now and it's a new phone with no hard numbers. So the parasites are all over it right now playing games to sell short etc... The irrational negative U.S. media bias is only irrational if you aren't aware of this. Then it makes perfect sense. All "on the ground" indicators are that the phone is doing well. Which is astonishing given the negative press frankly. Imagine if they had received generally honest reviews of the phone and the new OS capabilities? Doesn't matter, the OS is solid, it'll just take a bit longer to get it into enough hands of consumers before hitting critical mass in popularity. I don't know that BB will ever surpass Apple or Android in sales, and frankly I don't care. I kinda hope they settle in at a solid #3 in the market. Leave #1 and #2 to the HERD devices...

I should know, I upgraded from an iPhone 4S. This is my first Blackberry phone!
    stevepar likes this.
    02-23-13 01:33 PM
    What's going on with the media picking up on this nonsense about only 300,000 z10 being sold. I bet that was the first week of sales alone and these analyst spouting this crap are trying to manipulate the stock to cover their shorts on the stock. I know blackberry can now comment on this nonsense until they give their earnings. I can't wait for this, it will be sweet when blackberry blows this 300,000 number away and the back tracking or spinning that these analyst will make. Only question I have is will the media report how wrong these analyst are and that they obviously are trying to manipulate the stock to cover their positions?
    It's actually more silly than you wrote. The two quoted analysts reported what they estimated the 'shipped' number of Z10's would be.......Not to be confused with 'sell-through'. As BBRY books the revenue following the 'shipping', that is the more accurate number though.

Here's the thing. As of today, the Z10 has been, or will be, released in 19 countries. Even if one were to ignore on the positive sales indicators found here on Crackberry and other websites (in addition to our own experiences), just simple 'channel filling' would bump the 'shipped' number to well over 300,000. Unless, of course, BBRY were to open sales in certain countries and ship only a few hundred devices, instead of likely tens of thousands of units.

Bottom line, these two analysts are going to be exposed for the fools that they are on March 28th. My conservative guess is that their numbers will be off by at least.....I dunno....300,000? .
    02-23-13 03:19 PM
    Judging by local sales under 200 retail cost i would imagine the 300/500k sold is more accurate than millions
    02-23-13 03:58 PM