If what I just read on someone's post in a Blackberry forum is correct, there will be many Z10s returned in the next few days. We have activated 2 so far on BES10 with BDS 6.2.1. Our systems and servers meet ALL the requirements from the instalaltion manual. As well, ALL of our current OS 7.1 and below BBs sync notes and tasks (which is used a minimum 3-4 times a day). These do NOT sync to the Z10. I have verified that they do not appear in REmember me > Unfiled or Notes. They are just NOT there.

From what I read in one thread is that they will only sync if we're on Exchange 2010? Really?? We are on Exchange 2007, which is a supported version with BDS and we LOSE this functionality? Why are we losing functionality?
    02-22-13 02:22 PM
    If its any help, when I went onto the BES the first time all my mail and calendar and contacts came down ok....but no tasks or memos. It took most of the day for them to finally show up. Don't know why but I had sent our admin a note saying that everything was good except for these items....next day I noticed they were there in the Remember app.
    02-23-13 04:49 PM
    If what I just read on someone's post in a Blackberry forum is correct, there will be many Z10s returned in the next few days. We have activated 2 so far on BES10 with BDS 6.2.1. Our systems and servers meet ALL the requirements from the instalaltion manual. As well, ALL of our current OS 7.1 and below BBs sync notes and tasks (which is used a minimum 3-4 times a day). These do NOT sync to the Z10. I have verified that they do not appear in REmember me > Unfiled or Notes. They are just NOT there.

From what I read in one thread is that they will only sync if we're on Exchange 2010? Really?? We are on Exchange 2007, which is a supported version with BDS and we LOSE this functionality? Why are we losing functionality?
    The sync capabilities have nothing to to with BDS, it is linked to the version of Exchange you are using for Activesync. Blackberry is merely a security wrapper now for someone else's sync system (the one used by pretty much everyone else). So, if your Exchange doesn't provide it (ie you are not on v2010 or 2013), Blackberry cannot add anything else.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    02-24-13 03:56 AM
    oufc_gav is correct - it has nothing to do with BES 10. Blackberry is just now decided to use what everyone else does (apple, android) for connecting to an Exchange account. BES 10 just "wraps" the connection to make the device and it's workspace more secure.

You can see more info in this other crackberry forum post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-...mo-pad-769245/

Upgrading to Exchange 2010 is a good idea anyway - it works the way 2007 was supposed to work. There are some great features (auto archiving, updated OWA, etc) that make it worth the upgrade.
    02-26-13 03:55 PM
    I'm still on Ex2003 (I know) and talking to T-Support Notes support requires Ex2010.

We're in the middle of Ex2010 upgrade so this should be resolved shortly.
    03-17-13 07:15 AM
    Yes. ActiveSync is not a by product of BBRY. Microsoft has made improvements to it over the years, if yes if you want to sync your tasks and notes you will have upgrade to Exchange 2010.
    03-18-13 05:42 AM
    how is it then notes sync in exchange 2007 environment if you use active sync directly without BDS?
    08-06-13 08:56 AM
    how is it then notes sync in exchange 2007 environment if you use active sync directly without BDS?
    They don't. You're mistaken.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-13 08:59 AM