I backed up and restored my Z10 to a new Z10 because I had a "greasy screen" problem. The restore ended up goofy with some contacts that just showed up as phone number with no names, but for the most part it was fine and I can live with it.. HOWEVER, Two apps, LinkedIn and Dropbox, the dropbox which I use A LOT, have disappeared from the home screen, and when I search for them they show up as installed.

When I use the regular search, they are there with no icon, and I can't launch them. If I search for them in Blackberry World, they show as installed, but can't be uninstalled nor can they be deleted. It just tries then nothing happens. This is really freakin' annoying, is there any way to fix this?
    02-22-13 02:04 PM
    I would just do a fresh wipe and restore. Since you just did one it shouldn't be too big of a hassle.

But ya that's a strange problem. I haven't heard of that before.
    02-22-13 02:08 PM
    Uninstall Dropbox via BlackBerry World and reinstall it.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-22-13 03:08 PM
    The same thing happened to me. After doing a security wipe and restore, I noticed that Box, LinkedIn, and Connect to Dropbox where missing. Nothing I did could fix it, so I decided to do a security wipe again. After the wipe, and before doing another restore, I looked at my apps and noticed that the three apps mentioned where not there. So, before restoring my data I used BlackBerry World and installed all three again. After doing the restore again, the apps were still there and worked perfectly. I hope this helps.

Once again the steps are: Wipe, install missing apps, restore data.
    02-28-13 09:06 PM