I have various BT music devices around my house: Logitech Boombox, BB Music Gateway, TVeeM30 and EDUP Music Receivers. I cannot get my Z10 to adjust the volume control from the up/down volume control. When I hit either button it shows the speaker locked. I have looked at all the sound settings but have not be able to reproduce what my 9700 could do, that worked fine

Any ideas chaps?

Cheers,

Ben
    02-22-13 11:02 AM
    I have various BT music devices around my house: Logitech Boombox, BB Music Gateway, TVeeM30 and EDUP Music Receivers. I cannot get my Z10 to adjust the volume control from the up/down volume control. When I hit either button it shows the speaker locked. I have looked at all the sound settings but have not be able to reproduce what my 9700 could do, that worked fine

Any ideas chaps?

Cheers,

Ben
    How do you even get the music streaming over bluetooth? I can't get it to work. How do you turn on a2dp?
    02-22-13 12:04 PM
    How do you even get the music streaming over bluetooth? I can't get it to work. How do you turn on a2dp?
    I just paired the devices and it works flawlessly, no drop-outs. Much better than my 9700
    02-22-13 12:31 PM
    Ben,
    I don't think this is fixable, I had the same issue with my BB music Gateway and being unable to change the volume on the Z10. I posted on Blackberry.com forums and they told me it doesn't work and you should adjust the sound on the "stereo" the gateway is plugged into.....makes no sense at all to me. Hopefully a fix will come with a future OS
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    02-22-13 02:20 PM
    Okay something odd happened tonight. I paired my Z10 to the BB Music Gateway in my Infinity and guess what the volume control works perfectly just like it did on my 9700. I have no idea why this would be. I will investigate some more and report back.
    02-22-13 10:10 PM
    I've noticed this using my car blue tooth. The volume is controlled by the blue tooth receiver nd thus locks the volume in an optimal level. It would be nice if it was able to adjust volume but this way avoids the user error adjusting volume in two places. It can be bad in extreme cases such as cranking your stereo to max because the device volume is set to almost mute. That can be hard on the amp and result in poor audio quality

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:30 PM
    I cannot adjust the volume on my voyager pro headset either just says volume locked or something

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:32 PM
    This is the same as the original release of the PB I suspect. I had no control over the volume until BlackBerry updated the ability. I hope this update comes down soon. too bad we have to wait for this it has an Appleesque feel to it. Control...but I'm not sure what the purpose of holding this back is.
    Maybe I'm wrong!

CB10 App, Z10
    02-22-13 11:09 PM
    I cannot adjust the volume on my voyager pro headset either just says volume locked or something

Posted via CB10
    I just picked up the Z10 today and have the same problem. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    03-23-13 10:21 PM

Unforunatlely there is no fix yet but what you can do is adjust it from the speakers itself and the volume will only come out if before you paired with your bluetooth, your volume is on full blast.

Any ideas chaps?

Cheers,

Ben
    03-29-13 10:06 PM
    Could it be a bluetooth 4.0 issue? I have a FM receiver for my car, and with my 9900 running bluetooth 2.0 I could adjust the volume on my phone, but with the Z10 I cannot. I was thinking it could be to do with the newer version of bluetooth, making it so that you don't have the option of controlling the volume in two places.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    03-30-13 10:01 AM
    Its not actually hard on the amp unless you're overdriving it. It may seem like a moot point, but audio is so misunderstood, it's almost dangerous. All amps operate at full volume, all the time. The method for controlling volume is to attenuate the source almost always done via resistance or VCA. Almost all amps require many stages of amplification and early stages are usually called preamps. Any stage of the preamp can be used as the attenuate, either the knob on your stereo or the output of your source. The amp will only move a proportional output current to the input, so the amp can't get hot and cause damage. There real danger is poor gain structure that will result in noisy or just plain crap sound. Unless you're driving the whole signal chain too hard, there is no other harm you'll actually do to the system.

The ability to adjust two stages may be a pain, but it's even worse if you can't adjust for the best gain structure.

Not trying to contrary and I'm sorry to nit-pick mate.

As for the Bluetooth issue. I'm having it too and what is a bit frustrating is that it doesn't seem to happen an all devices. Maybe the BT (ie V2.1 - V3.0?) version needs to be within certain parameters in order for this to work. I don't think this is an excuse tho, as those spec's shouldn't interfere with new ones and should be included. Obviously I have no idea what it takes to make BT work, nor the difficulties in implementing them. It is most like a software issue and I hope BB sort it out. I don't really believe this is a feature as much as i think being able to dial a number on a phone as being a feature. I'm on 10.1 now and it still exists. This is important to me and I hope it gets fixed.

Oh yeah, same thing happens (no volume control on most of my BT audio devices) on both my PB's yet my 9320 works fine.
    05-15-13 11:40 AM
    This thread is over a year old, but I'm going to revive it.

I just got a Kinivo BTC450 external BT receiver for my 14 year old car with no BT, obviously, but with a cassette tape adapter that connects to the BT receiver with a 3.5 stereo plug. So far, so good. I can make calls and do music streaming with the Z10, OS 10.2.1.3253.

The problem is that the volume controls on the Z10 don't work--I get a circle + or - but can't change the volume. The output volume is too high from the Z10 or BT receiver and produces a great deal of IM distortion. The only remedy is an inline volume control (about $5) to reduce the volume, and then I can reduce the volume to the car sound console.

There doesn't seem to be any setting on the Z10 for the volume controls in BT streaming. This isn't a deal breaker for the BTC450, since the inline volume control is a workaround, and, in fact, I can recommend the BT receiver for anyone with a non-BT car, but it would be nice to have the Z10 volume control working.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    08-03-14 07:52 PM
    Bluetooth Cassette Adapter.

Bluetooth music playback play back volume control issue-img_20141212_153022.png

Works really well with Z10, Playbook etc.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 09:33 AM