Hi all

I'm developing a HTML5 app at the moment using BBUI.js. It's all going well, the app is pulling its data from an XML feed, and is returning the data as expected. The problems come with using Google Charts API...

I have an access parameter in my config.xml, but when I try to put in the Google Charts API code into my function which is fired ondomready, I get a white screen in Ripple emulator. The inspector leaves me in the dark too, no errors there.

I've checked my data array, and it is populated, so I really cant understand it. I've googled the problem, but drawn a blank. Any ideas? Anyone!

Thanks in advance
    02-22-13 02:54 AM
    You can get more info and help from developer forums. You can ask questions related to developing and there're many people there who can help with it

Developer Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    02-22-13 03:27 AM
    Does it do this in the simulator too, or just in ripple?
    02-22-13 11:35 AM
    I haven't found ripple to be the best testing tool for some code; for example, blackberry toasts don't work in ripple.
    You really should try to test on device, or at least in the simulator.
    Problem could be how you integrated your code into bbUI too.
    02-25-13 08:13 PM
    Change ondomready to onscreenready. A lot of dynamic items must be loaded onscreenready (like a rss reader)
    02-26-13 03:59 PM
    Compiled and tested on the device, worked a treat, in Ripple it just didnt work. Its a bit of a faff to keep having to compile every change I make.

To be honest I'm giving up on BBUI and Ripple, Ripple is a horrible piece of software, had nothing but issues with the XHR_Proxy, and judging by the developers forum over at RIM I'm not the only one.

I'm building my app in jQuery Mobile and testing on an iPhone simulator that comes with xcode instead now - I just don't have any faith at all in Ripple... Hoping that PhoneGap can package for BB10, if not, well its RIM's loss for providing such terrible development tools. Was wanting to launch my app exclusively for BB10 initially, but am aiming for Android and iOS instead now.
    02-27-13 06:57 AM