I'm not going to link to the specific article. Why? Because by linking to it, people will click on it and it will increase Forbe's traffic and make them money. F--K Forbes for this crappy article, they can kiss my pasty white Irish arse for being such idiots.

Anyway, the F word in question was Flop, as in, they are now pushing the idea that if Z10 sales don't meet phony analyst predictions, then it must be a failure, LOL. They are doing yet another hit piece on Blackberry. It's in response to the Canaccord news of downgrading their estimates on sales of the Z10.

As a new BB member (I switched from iPhone), I am amazed at the overwhelming negative press. I LOVE this new phone, and the OS. I read the negative articles and ask myself, "Are there TWO versions of the Z10"? What's with the hate in the media over Blackberry? Apple has made a boatload of mistakes recently, and it's passed over with barely any comment. Android has fared better, and with the widespread release of Jelly Bean (a decent OS), there has been little comment. Fair enough.

Anyway, as a newcomer to this platform, it just strikes me that the media hate is a bit over the top. I don't understand it frankly. I love this phone, and I don't know why it's being slammed.

Is it because BlackBerry made mistakes in the past?

Please sound off, I'd love to hear from others.

Cheers
    Peej
    02-21-13 09:54 PM
    Just because BlackBerry made mistakes in the past and people will flock to negativity. They get a whole load more views from publishing a negative article vs a positive one.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-21-13 10:01 PM
    That isn't Forbes ' first nor last negative article on BlackBerry. I put them in the same category as all the $bb/$bbry stock "Shorters" and ignore them.

The Q4 numbers in March will prove them wrong, and the shorts will be squeezed, and $bb/$bbry will skyrocket.

A article posted by a contributor on Seeking Alpha today (or yesterday) ran the numbers in the worst case, and the best case and the in between case, and came up with $20 and change in the worst, and $160 in the best. We are sitting at $14 right now...

I've owned $bb for a long while, and am long.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing, kingb71 and cman5 like this.
    02-21-13 10:05 PM
    I agree. I switched from the iPhone 4s- having never even considering Blackberry before. I think this Z10 is amazing.

Sure, a few enhancements would be welcome, but wow overall. It's a very complete and modern o/s. There is a lot of buzz about this phone. My teenage kids are jealous and it only takes a few minutes with anyone at work to make then true believers as well- especially with the Exchange email integration. Being able to book a meeting and see availability of recipients is priceless. The browser is 1st class.

What pisses me off is the negativity even inside this forum. The supposed fans are actually creating a black eye for this product. Yes - a few things have annoyed me a bit as well - but threatening to take the phone back because of this or that minor issue is just stupid. I think people need to stop using this thing in one hand while holding a grenade in the other. Commit to the platform and and help improve it. The iPhone is far from perfect and they're on v6.1.2. This is 1.0 folks!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 10:29 PM
    That isn't Forbes ' first nor last negative article on BlackBerry. I put them in the same category as all the $bb/$bbry stock "Shorters" and ignore them.

The Q4 numbers in March will prove them wrong, and the shorts will be squeezed, and $bb/$bbry will skyrocket.

A article posted by a contributor on Seeking Alpha today (or yesterday) ran the numbers in the worst case, and the best case and the in between case, and came up with $20 and change in the worst, and $160 in the best. We are sitting at $14 right now...

I've owned $bb for a long while, and am long.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Hail and well met!
    Gelzz and d3rd like this.
    02-21-13 10:36 PM
    I'm sure the comments their are all made by not so savvy people. Maybe some Crackberry members will correct them...
    02-21-13 10:41 PM
    Forbes has been wrong before. They ran a piece on WP8 with a bunch of untrue information. They had to shut down the comments because of all the people correcting the misinformation. If BlackBerry is doing ok then come March, the article's author will be proven wrong. BlackBerry has a lot to prove. If you believe in their hardware then have faith that they will prove people wrong soon.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-21-13 10:41 PM
    Forbes has been wrong before. They ran a piece on WP8 with a bunch of untrue information. They had to shut down the comments because of all the people correcting the misinformation. If BlackBerry is doing ok then come March, the article's author will be proven wrong. BlackBerry has a lot to prove. If you believe in their hardware then have faith that they will prove people wrong soon.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    See, the problem is that they're saying BB is dead if BB10 sales don't meet analyst expectations. Not only is that far from the truth (they still have a lot of cash left), but there are also many other things to consider. For one, millions of current blackberry users might not be up for a hardware upgrade, and so they might not be buying the Z10 right away, 2) Sales have a snowball effect. As more people buy and tell their friends/family, sales grow stronger. It's foolish to expect strong sales from the get go, and 3) Many major apps have no launched yet, and I have no doubt in my mind that most (if not all) major apps will at least have an Android port soon, and that will really drive sales up. Lastly, it will take a few quarters for representatives at retail stores to be convinced that BB10 is a viable alternative to iOS/Android. For a long time, expect stupid ignorance like "BB10 doesn't even have a browser yet, don't buy it." I will be pleasantly surprised if sales are good this quarter, but I think it's foolish to expect that. Not having good sales in the very first quarter, when the phone hasn't even spent the full quarter in market is just stupid. Android, and WP sold VERY poorly when they were first launched. Last time I checked, both of those OS's are still on the market, and are quickly becoming very viable alternatives to iOS (Android already is, WP is getting there).
    cman5 likes this.
    02-21-13 10:48 PM
    I've been questioning these negative BlackBerry reports ever since I started using BlackBerry s. I am almost sure that it's purposely done in order to ruin its image and to discredit it in any way possible. And recently it's getting over the top ridiculous that they go out of their way to bash it however ludicrous they look. I am glad though that in the comment sections a lot of people are coming to BlackBerry 's aid and stating actual facts and credible links to discredit the author of said article.
    The new BlackBerry 10's software is a big step up, not only for BlackBerry, but for cell phones in general and is the start of something special

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    02-21-13 10:50 PM
    During the year long run up for this product, and having had a Playbook since launch day, I have been educated.
    The education I have received is that too many people have an unhealthy attachment to their gadgets. To the point that they HATE other gadgets and the company that made them.

I do not hate:
    iOS
    Android
    WP8
    Windows
    OSX
    Ford
    Jaguar
    Starbucks
    Canada
    People who look different than I do
    Brussel sprouts (OK maybe)
    You get the idea...

Really what it comes down to is a manipulation of stock by these shifty people.
    Buy the phone.
    Change the tude. I did. Z10 rocks.
    cman5, kingb71 and torpesco like this.
    02-21-13 10:53 PM
    People love to poke at others especially when they see it may be a better concept. It is interesting that an analyst can predict sales as well. The primary purpose of a smartphone is to communicate smartly. Not a pull my finger for variety. This phone concept is going far! Analysts take the past and apply it to the future. That worked with Apple a decade ago.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 11:02 PM
    IMHO only, you have to be careful in reading an analyst's analysis, that you don't confuse what the analyst is saying about the company's share price, with the product that the company makes and sells.

Most of us on here are 'product-centric', and we get upset about an article that is 'stock price-centric'.

We're comparing apples and oranges. Now of course the analyst has to back up his dire sales predictions with something about the product that is an easy thing to pick on... otherwise he would look like a complete fool to his stock market colleagues. But you can take it to the bank when I say that stock market people, in general, know and care less about products that say... oh... a worm?

But the future price of a stock? Now there is where they can outscore you and I quite handily, time after time. And if a company is weak enough that the stock price can be manipulated unfairly for profit? Hey... bring on the analysts !!! This is exactly what they are paid handsomely to do... just saying
    Last edited by DAY1000; 02-22-13 at 04:48 PM.
    cman5 and BlackistheBerry like this.
    02-21-13 11:26 PM
    I for one will be curious to see if dataphry makes any more posts... My suspicion is that he is YET ANOTHER paid shill working off a binder of pre-written talking points...

This is going to increase in March when the Z10 goes on sale in the U.S. Be prepared.
    dataphry likes this.
    02-21-13 11:29 PM
    It's really funny what people will write, trying to get themselves into the 'analyst' league.
    I've read a lot of reviews of the Z10, and some of the reviews made me wonder whether the guys had actually ever been within 500 meters of a Z10...and it seemed as if the review was written based on the reviews that they had just read somewhere on the Internet!

The bottom line will be proven by the bottom line- the sales figures.
    Ask any analyst where the BlackBerry stock prices will be an year from now, and I bet you, the same time in 2014, it will be twice of whatever these analysts estimate right now.
    02-21-13 11:37 PM
    The OS is solid, and will prove itself soon enough.
    02-21-13 11:44 PM
    During the year long run up for this product, and having had a Playbook since launch day, I have been educated.
    The education I have received is that too many people have an unhealthy attachment to their gadgets. To the point that they HATE other gadgets and the company that made them.

I do not hate:
    iOS
    Android
    WP8
    Windows
    OSX
    Ford
    Jaguar
    Starbucks
    Canada
    People who look different than I do
    Brussel sprouts (OK maybe)
    You get the idea...

Really what it comes down to is a manipulation of stock by these shifty people.
    Buy the phone.
    Change the tude. I did. Z10 rocks.
    My nominee for comment of the month. Couldn't have put it better myself (and I've tried).

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 11:58 PM
    Anyway, the F word in question was Flop, as in, they are now pushing the idea that if Z10 sales don't meet phony analyst predictions, then it must be a failure, LOL.
    It's a little late but get it? Phony? You good sir, should be a baker because you have so many puns.
    02-22-13 06:33 AM
    Here are some links to articles about Canaccord. These might give you an idea of how much respect they have in the industry.

.1 Stockwatch

2. Stockwatch.
    02-22-13 07:34 AM
    Morning all...

Please keep the conversation on topic, and not start\have personal attacks.
    I'm sure some of you will notice that some posts have been removed. I'd hate to have to return to perform the same duties again

Happy Friday all, the weekend is here...

Thanks

Ivan
    vzinside likes this.
    02-22-13 08:07 AM
    I'm not going to link to the specific article. Why? Because by linking to it, people will click on it and it will increase Forbe's traffic and make them money. F--K Forbes for this crappy article, they can kiss my pasty white Irish arse for being such idiots.

Anyway, the F word in question was Flop, as in, they are now pushing the idea that if Z10 sales don't meet phony analyst predictions, then it must be a failure, LOL. They are doing yet another hit piece on Blackberry. It's in response to the Canaccord news of downgrading their estimates on sales of the Z10.

As a new BB member (I switched from iPhone), I am amazed at the overwhelming negative press. I LOVE this new phone, and the OS. I read the negative articles and ask myself, "Are there TWO versions of the Z10"? What's with the hate in the media over Blackberry? Apple has made a boatload of mistakes recently, and it's passed over with barely any comment. Android has fared better, and with the widespread release of Jelly Bean (a decent OS), there has been little comment. Fair enough.

Anyway, as a newcomer to this platform, it just strikes me that the media hate is a bit over the top. I don't understand it frankly. I love this phone, and I don't know why it's being slammed.

Is it because BlackBerry made mistakes in the past?

Please sound off, I'd love to hear from others.

Cheers
    Peej
    Forbes has been bashing BB for years, I swear thet are in apples back pocket.
    02-22-13 08:13 AM
    If you follow Tech trends...... all the makes that aren't doing well in the market get bashed.

HTC just released their One phone. I've read several articles about this being their last chance.

Sony PlayStation. Lots of articles about how crappy it is and how Sony missed the boat.

HP. When are they going bankrupt?

Dell. Finished.

and on and on.

If you are an Apple and Google product. It appears you can do NO wrong.
    kingb71 likes this.
    02-22-13 08:18 AM
    Here are some links to articles about Canaccord. These might give you an idea of how much respect they have in the industry.

.1 Stockwatch

2. Stockwatch.
    IWIK why people take this stuff so personally. There's nothing seriously wrong with Canaccord. There isn't anything wrong with the way they revised their sales projections for Q1, either, BECAUSE THEY ORIGINALLY EXPECTED US SALES, and now there won't be any because of the way the launches are being staged. I can understand that BB had good reasons for staging their Z10 introductions the way they have, but this is a consequence, and it's one that they're going to have to expect.
    02-22-13 10:12 AM
    Forbes called the lukewarm us carrier situation, they called the march us launch, they are on track to be correct on the spring/late spring q10 launch. So they might be bashers but they arent just randomly making stuff up either.
    02-22-13 10:50 AM
    I cannot stand the media. They hate on Blackberry and I do not know why. Sure, the company has had made a few missteps in the past, but BB10 is a definite leap in the right direction.

I feel like most of the negative buzz around BB10 is due to the media and bull**** market analyst reports. As others have said before, if this o/s was released under a new name or these features were included in the next iOS or android release, people would have been drooling over it.
    02-22-13 10:59 AM
    Bbry has manged to aquire a bad reputation, it doesnt matter why, but they now have to battle to gain mainstream respect back, articles like this do not help where they pretty much call the ceo a liar

"
    Within a week, Heins was saying that sales of the Z10 had been three times better than any previous UK phone launch for the company, and that first-day sales in Canada were 50% better than any new BlackBerry launch – but did not give figures. In interviews that week, he said sales were "beyond expectations" and that the white model was sold out, and the black model "hard to stock up again", in what he called "very encouraging" news.

But when news outlets contacted stores, they were told there were plenty of the handsets available."
    02-22-13 11:04 AM
30 12