Ok all my wife has a Z10 since launch day (ditched GS2), now a few times in the last few days she has lost all network connectivity, phone calls are fine but no web, BBM etc. She only knew this as I sent her a few BBM's and they never showed up as delivered. I called her and her phone was next to her, she was actually trying to maps something and it wouldn't work, then she tried browser and nothing, sent me a BBM and it never goes through, I think she said something about a red X or something.

So I tell her just power off and on the Z10, she does it all comes back to life, gets my old BBM's and I get hers she had sent. No big deal chalk it up to first release blues.

Now a few hours later I sent her a BBM, again not delivered. She is upstairs so I run up and check. Nope nothing. I sent her another this one shows up. The previous one I sent still isn't there.

Have to keep an eye on this but anyone else having issues with losing connection to data services?
    All of the issues are on cell service, wifi disabled. Even at home. Also no LTE enabled, she wouldn't know LTE speeds if they crawled up her leg and bit her. A crappy battery would **** her off.

So far she makes an entire day 6:30am to 6pm walking in the door with 3/4 battery left. Minimal usage for BBM and calls. Barely any data, just emails that come in via gmail.

I know I know it's a wall, deal with it
    02-21-13 08:44 PM
    seen this happen with 2 z10s that came into my store. if ur using BIS. i found it helpful to disconnect that and use data service.
    02-21-13 08:53 PM
    Yes, I've heard this happening to a bunch of people, and disconnecting BIS in favor of a regular data plan usually solves it.
    02-21-13 08:59 PM
    She has only ever had standard data, she migrated from GS2 so no BIS/BES ever on her account. So far seems ok today. Been testing her BBM through out the day. I'm sure she thinks i'm stalking her now :0
    02-22-13 01:01 PM
    She has only ever had standard data, she migrated from GS2 so no BIS/BES ever on her account. So far seems ok today. Been testing her BBM through out the day. I'm sure she thinks i'm stalking her now :0
    Go with the stalking excuse! Whatever you do don't scare her away from that Z10 or we'll find you and deal with you!

-Chris-
    02-22-13 01:03 PM
    Chammer, Is she inside...possibly and area with fringe hspa + service? I live in the country and we are on the edge of service here for AT&T and if I go into my office for long enough I will lose what they call 4g and get edge or only G for service. When I jump back out the phone will fail to reconnect with the data connection. Only two ways of fixing it either toggle the mobile network off then on and it responds or do a restart of the phone. Only fix I've found so far kinda thinking its a radio issue but could be something in software as well
    02-22-13 01:44 PM
    Yes, I've heard this happening to a bunch of people, and disconnecting BIS in favor of a regular data plan usually solves it.
    Agree. BIS data plan is likely behind the poor data connectivity.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 02:34 PM
    This is getting annoying. She is NOT happy with her Z10. Doesn't matter if she is at work downtown, at home in Newmarket or wherever. Doesn't matter if she is wifi connected or not. EVERY morning she now knows she must first flip her phone into airplane mode then back to normal and emails from the night before come in. She has to do this several times a day! She has NEVER had a BIS/BES plan on her account. Came from a S2 so just standard data.

I've look at her phone and at various times she is either wifi connect or just cell service. Doesn't matter have to disable wifi and then airplane mode on and off to get data moving again.

I know it's not the wifi as we have 2 playbooks, galaxy tab 10.1, iphones 4, 3 laptops and my 9900 on wifi and not once have I had a wifi issue in the house. My son lives on his Tab 10, streaming netflix and/or Rogers live TV. Never had it even hiccup.

Maybe an OS reload will help, will try that over the weekend.

Nobody else have connectivity issues and airplane mode on/off or restart is the only way to get data flowing again?
    03-07-13 01:26 PM
    I just replaced mine tonight - rattling vibration - and the replacement is having all sorts of data issues. It can't keep a data connection with WiFi on. May have to go back tomorrow. I'll try a security wipe tonight first. I think it may be hardware. I didn't have any WiFi problems with the previous one.
    04-15-13 08:08 PM