Trying to stream internet radio with my PB and send it to my home-stereo via the music gateway 2.

It sets up and works fine for a while (maybe 4/5 minutes) then fails.
    Am I expecting too much streaming via wireless and simultaneously bluetoothing?
    Just wondering if this is fairly common or is the gateway faulty?

Any ideas welcome.

Roger
    02-21-13 11:30 AM
    The only real time I have any issues is if I get out of range or on the fringe. There might be the odd time where it doesn't sound 100% and not sure of the reason. But overall I think these little gems are amazing. I have eveything going through it, sound for videos, internet radio and all my mp3s. Literally hours daily.
    02-21-13 11:38 AM
    Trying to stream internet radio with my PB and send it to my home-stereo via the music gateway 2.

It sets up and works fine for a while (maybe 4/5 minutes) then fails.
    Am I expecting too much streaming via wireless and simultaneously bluetoothing?
    Just wondering if this is fairly common or is the gateway faulty?

Any ideas welcome.

Roger
    No it shouldn't do that. Try a different device to see if the gateway is faulty.

I stream 30 hours a week on average using the bridge and a bluetooth device. So bluetooth is pulling double duty and over a carrier connection. I have very little trouble.

You're sure it's the gateway disconnecting and not your stream stopping?
    02-21-13 12:29 PM
    It sounds like perhaps your streaming music shuts off when the PB goes into sleep mode? There's an app called "always on" that prevents this happening.
    02-21-13 12:58 PM
    I stream music and when the PlayBook goes to sleep, the music keeps playing , no problems.
    02-21-13 01:27 PM
    Thanks for all the replies although mine is still playing up at least I now know that it should work and I'm not asking too much of it. I'll investigate further over the coming weekend.

Roger
    02-21-13 11:15 PM