Don't underestimate the strength of Microsoft products for enterprises.

Mall of America switches from BlackBerry to Nokia Lumia 920 - MarketWatch

Mall of America, the United States' largest retail and entertainment complex, is switching from BlackBerry to the Nokia Lumia 920 because of the tight integration with Microsoft services and built-in Microsoft Office suite, offering Mall of America management team members greater productivity and flexibility in a very dynamic workplace.
    02-21-13 10:25 AM
    Good for them.
    02-21-13 10:30 AM
    What is that... like 100 phones?
    parkinfly likes this.
    02-21-13 10:38 AM
    Oh wow this is huge! BlackBerry sold as many phones as mall of America uses a few seconds ago

Posted via CB10
    jesse_h and Balti43 like this.
    02-21-13 10:45 AM
    What is that... like 100 phones?
    Lol...Seriously

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 10:46 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. Mall of America isn't a huge organization...now ICE switching to the iPhone, that was a damaging loss for BB.
    Masahiro likes this.
    02-21-13 11:01 AM
    I bet a lot of these companies will come to regret their decisions. I guess it was too little, too late for some, but giving your employees iToys isn't going to make them more productive, haha. At least that's how I see it
    02-21-13 11:09 AM
    So, after adding the Windows-8 and MS Office to the device how much space is left on the device? Like what, 4mb? Sounds like they are an educated bunch...
    BBThemes and jesse_h like this.
    02-21-13 11:22 AM
    That article is a Nokia press release. Don't think that it's very newsworthy whenever someone loses or gains a few hundred or less users. BlackBerry faces a lot of competition for enterprise users, but even when they were at the peak, you'd have some companies switching or choosing competitors.
    02-21-13 11:26 AM
    It seems Windows Phone is growing in the Enterprise market.
    According to Wikipedia Mall of America employs 12000 workers.

"Foxtons, London's leading estate agent, has chosen the Nokia Lumia 820 as its business smartphone and has so far deployed around 900 to its employees."
    Foxtons feels at home with Nokia Lumia - Bloomberg

"The report found 34% of IT departments intend to support BlackBerry 10 devices, such as the BlackBerry Z10, while 45% plan to support Windows Phone 8 handsets. "
    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/enterpri...-blackberry-10
    Etios likes this.
    02-21-13 12:23 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. Mall of America isn't a huge organization...now ICE switching to the iPhone, that was a damaging loss for BB.
    They didn't, the pulled a U turn on that one and they're running a bb10 pilot.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 12:32 PM
    Blech! It's like watching....syphilis spread! LOL. Still, good point OP, don't underestimate the evil....they make TERRIBLE products in general (eg. surface), but winphone is actually one of their best, and if they can find a selling angle through Office, they can do some real damage.
    02-21-13 12:42 PM
    Remember, BB stated recently that they have 2700 North American businesses lined up for their product.
    02-21-13 12:44 PM
    It seems Windows Phone is growing in the Enterprise market.
    According to Wikipedia Mall of America employs 12000 workers.

[/url]
    I believe the Mall does employ 12000 people in the 500+ stores. Mall of America the corporation certainly has less employees than this. The Mall of America is not buying phones for all of the employees in all the different stores. Just the management employees of MoA. That is why the Nokia press release does not include a number; it is miniscule.
    morganplus8, jesse_h and Bugmapper like this.
    02-21-13 01:04 PM
    Remember, BB stated recently that they have 2700 North American businesses lined up for their product.
    I would be willing to bet that virtually every one of them are existing Blackberry users. The phones aren't available here and their market share continues to plummet. More and more companies are opting for BYOD and people in here laugh every time a company drops Blackberry.
    02-21-13 01:12 PM
    I believe the Mall does employ 12000 people in the 500+ stores. Mall of America the corporation certainly has less employees than this. The Mall of America is not buying phones for all of the employees in all the different stores. Just the management employees of MoA. That is why the Nokia press release does not include a number; it is miniscule.
    Well, someone said they deployed nearly 1000 phones. That sounds like about 2 per store. It is what it is.
    02-21-13 01:29 PM
    I work for a company and we do all the concrete work for West Edmonton Mall. W5 owns WEM and the Mall of America. Trust me this is no loss for Black Berry. The mall has maybe 30 people that will are provided phones. Only management recieve phones. By the way the owners of W5 live here in Edmonton, Alberta. I know them personay.I know aprox how many managers there are in WEM about 20 to 30. Mall of America is smaller.
    02-21-13 05:21 PM
    I respect this more than them using Android or the iPhone.
    At least it makes sense in a corporate context.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:46 PM
    Well, someone said they deployed nearly 1000 phones. That sounds like about 2 per store. It is what it is.
    Where did someone say that?
    02-21-13 06:21 PM
    Well they are gonna switch back. Jk but it's better than switching to android.
    02-21-13 06:26 PM
    Quick correction on the ICE in the states.... they have not definately switched to Iphone... after seeing B10 they started a pilot project to assess integration.. have heard no press on it since... as for the Mall of America... simple PR from Nokia... as they did not incluse numbers I do not believe it is that much...
    02-21-13 06:27 PM
    Show me a press release where BlabkBerry had to out their customers for a little good press. They don't!
    good for you nokia, atta boy!
    02-21-13 06:29 PM
    LOL - what's next? The janitors on the third floor of Wendy's in the food court bought Androids?
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-21-13 06:39 PM
    Quick correction on the ICE in the states.... they have not definately switched to Iphone... after seeing B10 they started a pilot project to assess integration.. have heard no press on it since... as for the Mall of America... simple PR from Nokia... as they did not incluse numbers I do not believe it is that much...
    ICE BlackBerry 10 pilot program comes weeks after ditching RIM | BGR
    02-21-13 06:39 PM
    LOL - what's next? The janitors on the third floor of Wendy's in the food court bought Androids?
    That's clever. What's next? BlackBerry reaches 4% market share in the US? You guys can joke about Android all day long, but they keep gaining market share and Blackberry keeps falling further behind.
    02-21-13 06:59 PM
40 12