02-20-13 07:38 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    great news!! .. any early feedback from those two countries welcome here!
    02-21-13 03:45 AM
    02-21-13 03:49 AM
    Yeah but the phones wont be available until early march. Or are there any new rumors about the availability after todays "launch Event" ?
    02-21-13 06:32 AM
    Any news about availability in Germany? Vodafone.de still lists the Z10 in the preview section, the Q10 isn't mentioned at all. Neither German BB blogs nor tech sites mention anything (beware, it's an HTC One on chip.de's front page).
    02-21-13 07:23 AM
    The presentation in cologne is in progress. Vodafone Germany already twittert some Pictures (Boris Becker ist there) and information about the pricing.
    02-21-13 01:46 PM
    Vodafonme DE starts selling at february 25th. Price off contract will be 599,90�. Some people reported a few Conrad stores seem to get highly limited stock tomorrow the 22nd.

It seems there were no news about Q10, since everyone is talking Z10 only. That pretty much sucks.
    02-21-13 02:28 PM
    Du schaffst das Deutschland!
    ct19 and anon5398027 like this.
    02-21-13 02:53 PM
    Z10 love - YES
    Q10 love - NO

;-(
    02-22-13 09:21 AM
    I'm italian and currently live in germany. I hope that BB gonna do well but it really seems to be a bumpy road for them..
    No advertising at all.. No information about the launch.. Nobody knows over here. The only thing I continue reading on the web is that bb won't get instagram.
    Come on germans and italians.. Come on, europeans!!
    02-22-13 02:37 PM
    at pocketpc.ch someone says that conrad.de has ordered 160 devices with 220 preorders at 10 o'clock on the 22th. They will start shipping on the 25th. At conrad.de it says "available at 28th" but that is because they dont have any new devices until than.
    02-23-13 04:12 PM
    at pocketpc.ch someone says that conrad.de has ordered 160 devices with 220 preorders at 10 o'clock on the 22th. They will start shipping on the 25th. At conrad.de it says "available at 28th" but that is because they dont have any new devices until than.
    I heard the same about Conrad. We'll see how it goes, Vodafone will go live on monday 25th anyways, first online retailers are listing early March as availability. The majority however still expects stock around mid of March. I am curious whether Vodafone DE shops will refuse to sell off-contract like some canadian or UK shops did.
    02-23-13 04:58 PM
    5850 stores selling the Z10 between the UK and Canada, Average 28 days left in the 4th quarter.
    1 sold a day at each store is = to 163,800 Z10's. @Canaccord @forbes, Think about it!

Interesting arithmetic. Now, given that many big box stores in UK sold 400 units on launch day and others got smaller orders like 10-20 and have reordered multiple times, and add to that similar sell outs in Saudi Arabia and other countries. Add to that shipments to large markets like Germany, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Singapore... Add to that strong enterprise orders confirmed by Rogers, EE, Bell... Add to that just as many customers who ordered/upgraded their phones online from the carriers...there's no way they won't ship atleast 1 million+ in Q4.

I predict:
    Q4: 2 million Z10 + 5 million BB7 (less units but way higher margins)
    Q1:12 million Z10 & Q10 + 4 million BB7 (pent up demand from USA and for Q10 all over the world)
    Q2: 10 million Z10 & Q10 + 3 million BB7
    Q3:14 million Z10 & Q10 & Aristo + 2 million BB7 + 10 million low end licensed BB10

Long BBRY!!
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-23-13 05:39 PM
    5850 stores selling the Z10 between the UK and Canada, Average 28 days left in the 4th quarter.
    1 sold a day at each store is = to 163,800 Z10's. @Canaccord @forbes, Think about it!

Interesting arithmetic. Now, given that many big box stores in UK sold 400 units on launch day and others got smaller orders like 10-20 and have reordered multiple times, and add to that similar sell outs in Saudi Arabia and other countries. Add to that shipments to large markets like Germany, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Singapore... Add to that strong enterprise orders confirmed by Rogers, EE, Bell... Add to that just as many customers who ordered/upgraded their phones online from the carriers...there's no way they won't ship atleast 1 million+ in Q4.

I predict:
    Q1:12 million Z10 & Q10 + 4 million BB7 (pent up demand from USA and for Q10 all over the world)
    Q3:14 million Z10 & Q10 & Aristo + 2 million BB7 + 10 million low end licensed BB10

Long BBRY!!
    Yes I agree, things are looking good. My thoughts here; http://forums.crackberry.com/general...37-775303-new/
    02-23-13 07:31 PM
    ... Some people reported a few Conrad stores seem to get highly limited stock tomorrow the 22nd...
    Well, the online store still lists the z10 to be shipped the 1st of March. Do you know what stores were reported to have them in stock starting the 22nd?
    02-24-13 04:45 AM
    Well, the online store still lists the z10 to be shipped the 1st of March. Do you know what stores were reported to have them in stock starting the 22nd?
    Rumoured store was Conrad in Wernberg. Somebody called there prior the launch event and got told this store would get a very small shipment (3 units) on friday 22nd. However I haven't heard any news about this. Since Vodafone will launch tomorrow anyway, you might get it there at a lower price - if they will sell off-contract.

Tomorrows shift will be over rather early. I'll take a short tour downtown and check the local Saturn (for NA readers: basicly the german Best Buy) as well as one or two Vodafone shops and report back.
    02-24-13 05:58 AM
    I predict:
    A couple of points on your predictions we have already seen at least one leak of a presumably lower end qwerty device (had curve chiclet keyboard) so that one should be considered in probably q2 and as far as bb7 devices, there has been mention of another curve to cover the lowest end of the market so it should boost bb7 sales when it comes out and also makes a low end licensed device less likely.
    02-24-13 07:23 AM
    I will pick up my phone on Tuesday or Wednesday. Can�t wait!!!!!
    02-24-13 11:45 AM
    As promised, here is my short report. It is monday, February 25th 2013 - launch day for Blackberry Z10 in good old Germany. I am in Hamburg, the 2nd largest city of Germany and I've been directly downtown, the prime shopping district.
    Large crowds? Sold out stocks everwhere? I didn't know what I will be facing.

First place was Saturn, kind of a german counterpart to Best Buy. No Z10 there. Asked one of the clerks there, never heard of it. He also has no date for availability. Disappointing, but not unexpected - Vodafone is launch partner after all. So on to their shops.

The first Vodafone shop was the largest one. The friendly employee knows about Z10. But today? No, her system states they'll get it mid march. Disappointing.

On to the second store. The next employee smiled when I asked her about the new Blackberry. She said she can't wait to get one and is very excited. However they won't get it this week/month.

Third shop for Vodafone, this time in hamburgs premier shopping temple Europa Passage. "Yes, the Z10, of course!" both clerks replied. "We might get it end of this week if we're lucky. But sureley next week." Great news...

Fourth and last shop: "There is a new Blackberry? Ah yes, the one which finally has a touchscreen! *talks to another clerk at the backroom* "do you know anything?"
    A collegue of her appeared and replied "Yes, we'll get it next month, mid march. A Blackberry rep was here lately and demonstrated it to me, very cool."

So there is launch day. No stock available. I also asked whether it would be wise to preorder or not, but the employees I talked to said I was the first person requesting it from them.

Better luck next time. Maybe they'll only launch in Berlin? Maybe there is some sort of premium Vodafone flagship store I don't know of here in Hamburg? After all this is very disappointing.
    02-25-13 04:39 AM
    As promised, here is my short report. It is monday, February 25th 2013 - launch day for Blackberry Z10 in good old Germany. I am in Hamburg, the 2nd largest city of Germany and I've been directly downtown, the prime shopping district.
    Large crowds? Sold out stocks everwhere? I didn't know what I will be facing.

First place was Saturn, kind of a german counterpart to Best Buy. No Z10 there. Asked one of the clerks there, never heard of it. He also has no date for availability. Disappointing, but not unexpected - Vodafone is launch partner after all. So on to their shops.

The first Vodafone shop was the largest one. The friendly employee knows about Z10. But today? No, her system states they'll get it mid march. Disappointing.

On to the second store. The next employee smiled when I asked her about the new Blackberry. She said she can't wait to get one and is very excited. However they won't get it this week/month.

Third shop for Vodafone, this time in hamburgs premier shopping temple Europa Passage. "Yes, the Z10, of course!" both clerks replied. "We might get it end of this week if we're lucky. But sureley next week." Great news...

Fourth and last shop: "There is a new Blackberry? Ah yes, the one which finally has a touchscreen! *talks to another clerk at the backroom* "do you know anything?"
    A collegue of her appeared and replied "Yes, we'll get it next month, mid march. A Blackberry rep was here lately and demonstrated it to me, very cool."

So there is launch day. No stock available. I also asked whether it would be wise to preorder or not, but the employees I talked to said I was the first person requesting it from them.

Better luck next time. Maybe they'll only launch in Berlin? Maybe there is some sort of premium Vodafone flagship store I don't know of here in Hamburg? After all this is very disappointing.
    I have a contact that confirmed they have them in Celle
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    02-25-13 04:52 AM
    Interesting, thanks for the info. While I could get down there, I don't want to make all the way just to play around with the device. I most likely won't buy the Z10 aynways (since waiting for the Q), but I sure like to get a hands-on.
    02-25-13 05:03 AM
    Celle is a great town. I was there recently and ate Bratwurst everyday at Eisermann's. I wish we could get Bratwurst like that here in the US.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 06:47 AM
    I called a vodafone store in Aachen (D), the salesman told me they have the Z10, but don't sell the phone without a vodafone contract, i don't know if the phones are sim-locked.
    Has anyone more information about the sale at vodafone (D)?
    Or other shops ofcourse ;-)
    02-25-13 03:12 PM
    Celle is a great town. I was there recently and ate Bratwurst everyday at Eisermann's. I wish we could get Bratwurst like that here in the US.

Posted via CB10
    delicious.

you must try the ratskeller restaurant next time you are there. schnitzel to die for!
    02-25-13 06:26 PM
    in Germany? where the ****? no information at o2 about any availability...
    02-26-13 07:55 AM
103 123 ...