Hey guys,

I'm having issues with texting. Sometimes my "send" button won't work?? I'll end up having to pull the battery to get it working again. This has been happening more and more frequently (I suppose I've been texting more as well!). I'm with Virgin Mobile Canada if that helps.
    02-20-13 03:02 PM
    You don't have to pull the battery. This is happening because you are starting to type your next message before the initial message has cleared from the input box. You're then prevented from pressing send.

Next time this happens, swipe back out of the message and access the same message from a different place. For example, if you've been texting from the main Hub, move to the text-only inbox or vise versa. You'll notice the input box will be clear and the send button will work again.

This used to happen to me all the time until I learned to wait before typing my next message. Remember texts are not bbms. They don't send instantly. I'm sure this will be fixed in the next update.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    pmccartney and PatricPoulin like this.
    02-20-13 03:11 PM
    Lemme know if this solved your problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 03:12 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm having issues with texting. Sometimes my "send" button won't work?? I'll end up having to pull the battery to get it working again. This has been happening more and more frequently (I suppose I've been texting more as well!). I'm with Virgin Mobile Canada if that helps.
    "Pulling battery" on the Z10 makes me cringe. There is a way to reboot the phone. Push and hold the top power button.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 03:19 PM
    Hey guys,

I have no idea why that is happening to you.

I would just like to ask if you tried the power button before pulling the battery? Hold the top button for 10 seconds to power off and reboot.

EDIT: ^ I see someone beat me to it
    02-20-13 03:22 PM
    I'm not convinced that the reboot method is the same as a Battery pull! Anyone have a definite answer for that? There has been times on my Z10 that I have needed to pull the battery to get the keyboard to work, after trying the reboot method.

CB10 App, Z10
    02-20-13 03:24 PM
    I'm not convinced that the reboot method is the same as a Battery pull! Anyone have a definite answer for that? There has been times on my Z10 that I have needed to pull the battery to get the keyboard to work, after trying the reboot method.

CB10 App, Z10
    What if the battery wasn't accessable? I don't think they made it accessable so you can pull it. People don't pull batteries on other OS do they?

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 03:33 PM
    Thanks grevan88..... I've had this issue happen 2 or 3 times now and couldn't figure out why. I have just exited the hub and messaging and gone back into it and it seemed to work upon re-entry. Thanks for clearing this up though... glad it's something simple.
    02-20-13 04:01 PM
    Most of the phones rolling off the assembly line don't allow you (easy) access to the battery. So no, there aren’t battery pulls on iOS or Droid. I’m not sure about Win8, never used on of their phone but doubt you can either.
    02-20-13 05:10 PM
    I have had several friends that have had Android phones and iphones freeze up for hours. They couldnt pull battery or turn the device off. I like having the feature to pull the battery if necessary. It is reassuring to me for this to be used rather than wait for my phone to respond.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-20-13 05:16 PM
    No need to restart or pull or anything involving restarting the phone for this issue. Read my above post for clarification on how to solve this problem quickly.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:22 PM
    Sometimes a hard restart (a battery pull) is required over a soft reset. In theory both should do the same, but a soft reset closes the hardware down in a gentler manner, which does not always clear the fault that you are trying to clear. However, a hard restart shuts the system off abruptly and shocks the system to restart correctly to eliminate the problem. I work on systems in my job where a hard restart works better then a soft restart mostly when certain faults/errors occur , so if the option is available to do this it gives you more chance that the system (i.e. the Z10) will correct itself if a soft reset fails to correct it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:49 PM
    Most of the phones rolling off the assembly line don't allow you (easy) access to the battery. So no, there aren’t battery pulls on iOS or Droid.
    Not true. I've had to pull the battery on my wife's Motorola Atrix 2 Android several times, though nothing since it updated from 2.3 to 4.0.x.

FWIW, I'm doing a battery pull on my Torch 9800 almost every day....sometimes several times a day. Usually related to Google Maps.....go figure.....
    02-20-13 06:13 PM
    Most of the phones rolling off the assembly line don't allow you (easy) access to the battery. So no, there aren’t battery pulls on iOS or Droid. I’m not sure about Win8, never used on of their phone but doubt you can either.
    That's a lie. Almost all DROIDs have access to the batteries and especially before jellybean REQUIRE battery pulls regularly. Samsung galaxy s3 has a very easy battery door to open. Nexus' have easy battery doors to open. Ios doesn't allow access to the battery at all. AT ALL. I personally don't know about wp8 but yeah. Do your research or better yet just know what everyone else knows. And don't get me started on Motorola phones
    02-20-13 06:28 PM
    Please someone help before I go mad. When texting on a bb 10. If I want to change a letter or delete a word I push the x deleted button and sometimes it deletes the letter I want or it deletes all of my text. why ?
    02-26-13 04:35 PM
    Please someone help before I go mad. When texting on a bb 10. If I want to change a letter or delete a word I push the x deleted button and sometimes it deletes the letter I want or it deletes all of my text. why ?
    Are you quickly pressing and releasing the Delete key or holding it for a period of time or swiping across the Delete key?
    02-26-13 05:43 PM
    On the z10 when you text your friends that happen to have an iPhone does your text message send all together to them when they receive it. Same if they were to text you a long text do you receive it all together in one text rather then in parts and possibly mixed up in order?
    04-26-13 10:15 PM