Does anyone know how to change the way the camera saves the default file names for photos? On my 9790 it would save as 20130115 or whatever to denote year month date then whatever string for pictures. When I checked on my pc it was like img001 or something to that effect.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 11:54 AM
    You can't. The option is not in the camera settings (Swipe down within any app to view available settings).
    02-20-13 11:56 AM
    Finally, someone else wondering the same thing. I do love my new z10, but found this as another step back. It was definitely handy when the pictures were saved with the date taken as part of the file name.

Another thing I am trying to figure out is geotagging. I have it turned on, but the file name never has the location in it. Same sort of issue as with no more dates in the pictures file name...any ideas? Thanks!
    03-04-13 12:54 PM
    I agree. This is the largest "fail" I have encountered on the Z10 to date. I wish to use this for taking pictures for work on a daily basis. The ability to have the date in the name always made things much easier.

Furthermore, I liked the ease on my old Bold 9700 for creating separate folders for specific events and making that the default folder the pictures went to. I cannot seem to find out if you can change the default location or if the pictures MUST go into the "camera" folder. I would rather decide on picture locations when I am taking the pictures instead of having to go back through things later and relocate them.

Hopefully these items are addressed in a software update.

Paul
    ib604 likes this.
    03-24-13 11:05 PM
    You have to give credit to BBOS, as clunky as it was it sure was complete. Filenames without dates is a bit of a nuisance that will hopefully change one day, but time, date, location etc will still be available in the meta data for each picture. The built in file manager works well for sorting into folders for now. There are file renaming apps you can get for windows or Mac to help when connected to your phone as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:34 PM
    Finally, someone else wondering the same thing. I do love my new z10, but found this as another step back. It was definitely handy when the pictures were saved with the date taken as part of the file name.

Another thing I am trying to figure out is geotagging. I have it turned on, but the file name never has the location in it. Same sort of issue as with no more dates in the pictures file name...any ideas? Thanks!
    I believe the Geo tag info is in the properties of the picture itself, not the file name... I could be FOS since i do not have the Z10 yet...but usually that is where Geo tag is...
    03-25-13 12:01 AM
    How do you view property of a photo in media? Is it possible?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:20 AM
    How do you view property of a photo in media? Is it possible?

Posted via CB10
    Connect the Z10 to your computer. On your PC, right click on the file/photo.

You can also see VERY limited info by selecting properties on the Z10 file manager app.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:26 AM
    Tnx

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:54 AM
    I use an EXIF viewer extension for Firefox to see the info, but I'm really not interested in where people live, so I mainly use it to see which cameras people use to take particularly nice photos.
    03-25-13 01:31 AM
    I usually leave my Geo Tag off. As a test, i turned Geo Tag on for my 9900 and the file name did have the City name where i took the picture... however, more Geo tag properties are in the properties of the photo on the computer...
    03-25-13 10:44 AM