An AT&T executive was looking at a Bold. Noticed the red on the keypad. "We can't have that, it is the branding of our largest competitor. Change it."

I heard nothing about 3G issues, iPhone sales, etc. Just a color.
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 10-03-08 at 11:36 AM.
    09-30-08 08:32 AM
    what was the point of this thread? and its "we CAN'T have that"
    09-30-08 08:37 AM
    An AT&T executive was looking at a Bold. Noticed the red on the keypad. "We can have that, it is the branding of our largest competitor. Change it."

I heard nothing about 3G issues, iPhone sales, etc. Just a color.
    I'm not buying that one..
    09-30-08 09:03 AM
    plumber......I think you need to go smoke some more crack! Explain why they sell a RED curve then?
    09-30-08 09:09 AM
    Just passing along another thing heard from an AT&T source... I thought it was funny actually. Guess I was wrong.
    09-30-08 02:33 PM
    you're "AT&T source" must be a local cleaning crew that comes by and dusts the local corporate store three times a week. because that is just the stupidest thing i ever heard. do i really need to make a list of many phones from at&t's current and previous lineup that could be considered similar to "competitive branding"?

and aside from that, having played heavily with an at&t branded bold, there is no change whatsoever to the color scheme.
    Last edited by obstacles can kill; 09-30-08 at 02:53 PM.
    09-30-08 02:43 PM
    Lol!!!!! It's o.k Plummer. We all have "brain farts" from time to time.
    09-30-08 03:00 PM
    you're "AT&T source" must be a local cleaning crew that comes by and dusts the local corporate store three times a week. because that is just the stupidest thing i ever heard. do i really need to make a list of many phones from at&t's current and previous lineup that could be considered similar to "competitive branding"?

and aside from that, having played heavily with an at&t branded bold, there is no change whatsoever to the color scheme.
    Lol. I've had a crappy day at work and that made me laugh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 11:40 PM
    Lol. I've had a crappy day at work and that made me laugh

I'm glad to have been able to make your day a little bit better
    10-01-08 12:24 AM
    hxxp://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/152932-white-keyboard-att-bold.html#post1123242

Keys aren't white, the numbers are.
    10-03-08 11:28 AM
    Clearly some people didn't get the joke.

10-03-08 11:56 AM
    Hmm... So much for me colouring my trackball blue with little white stripes - Verizon would be p*ssed!!
    10-03-08 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD