I have an issue syncing my media library to BlackBerry Link. It can't locate my itunes library. I get the first message that Blackberry link cannot find my music and I should close and re-open, tried it a million times.

When I go into the settings and change the library to Windows Media Player and then switch it back I get the message that there is no music in my itunes library.

I then uninstall and re-install both link and Itunes several times (even installing old versions of itunes) and retry the above steps to no avail.

I then took all of my media and transferred it to Windows Media player and run into the same issues.

I called blackberry tech support and apparently I'm not the only one with this issue and they are currently working on a fix that will be available during the blackberry link 1.1 issue.

Incase you have this issue aswell this is what they've given me:
    "Here are some steps you can try to gain access to the music.

1. Uninstall BlackBerry Link and iTunes
    2. Create another user account on Windows 8 and log in
    3. Download BlackBerry Link from the BlackBerry website and download the latest version of iTunes
    4. Disable any firewall or antivirus software temporarily and install Link and iTunes
    5. Reboot the computer
    6. Log into the test account and import your music to iTunes
    7. Right click on the BlackBerry Link and select Run as Administrator. (This may or may not be an option)
    8. Plug the BlackBerry 10 into the computer and go through the setup
    9. Attempt to view music on the computer via BlackBerry Link and provide the results"

I am using windows 8 BTW.
    ThePhlash likes this.
    02-20-13 08:27 AM
    I use Windows Media Player on my Windows 8 PC and have the same problem.
    03-22-13 02:09 PM
    I use vista and have the same issue

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:40 PM
    Just use your phone as a media device and drag and drop them. It is faster than syncing anyway. Or if your media card is already formated take it out of the phone and stick it in your computer and drag and drop to your music folder. Again, much faster than BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:43 PM
    my bb link doesn't have an issue finding my iTunes library..i got problem syncing with it it start the syncing then stop and tell me I have an update which is crap cause I have the latest software....so the bb link not very good...I had to take my sd card out of the phone and use the computer to transfer those files into the sd card the only way to put my 87 songs in
    03-25-13 03:38 PM
    I think a better issues lies with the ability to sync iTunes' playlists. I found the dragging over the files manually doesnt bring the playlist over.

I found that the iTunes Sync app worked great for my PlayBook and is availble on the Z10; however, its syncs with device's storage rather than the media card's. If you dont mind having your music on your device's storage, this is a good app in replacement to BBLink. But if you're like me with 5.41 GBs or more of music and rather not have that on your device, you'll have to wait for BBRY to fix the issue.
    MooseNYC likes this.
    03-31-13 06:50 AM
    I think a better issues lies with the ability to sync iTunes' playlists. I found the dragging over the files manually doesnt bring the playlist over.

I found that the iTunes Sync app worked great for my PlayBook and is availble on the Z10; however, its syncs with device's storage rather than the media card's. If you dont mind having your music on your device's storage, this is a good app in replacement to BBLink. But if you're like me with 5.41 GBs or more of music and rather not have that on your device, you'll have to wait for BBRY to fix the issue.
    Yea, 55g of FLAC files here. I hate Itunes anyway! I simply manage the music files through Windows Explorer...
    04-03-13 12:44 PM
    Close iTunes and Link then reopen Link only. It will find your files.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:58 PM
    Walt, right click on your playlist and you sill see an option to sync to your device.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:59 PM
    My music library still lists files that I've since deleted off the device - I can't delete them from my library or even find them anywhere so why is it giving me the option to play them only to error out?

This is getting really stupid as I've already done a factory reset of my handset (Q10) and essentially copied the sdcard onto my laptop, and reformatted the card and it is still showing up - I have scoured every bit of memory and can't find the file associated with the library and ready to pull out my hair - is anyone else having a similar issue?

PS I am not able to use blackberry support as O2 have not paid for it, and as lovely as they are they are completely clueless as to how to fix anything on any of my handsets.

Oh and there is the issue of my album art going missing even tho the link software shoes it fine.
    06-13-13 10:04 AM
    Walt, I have that exact same issue, which now that I installed Link v1.1 I could drag and drop my play lists onto the BlackBerry bit only the music was there, not the play list itself

I also tried to get the wireless sync to work to no avail

Posted via STL 100-4
    06-21-13 06:46 PM
    Link works fine on my Mac, but it won't see any of my music on my W7 machine. I don't have itunes on ther W7, but Windows Media Player (never use it as both itunes and WMP are not my cup of tea) but addecd my music to the WMP library. So, most of my music isn't available via Link (yes I can manually move music using the phone as a usb key).

Also, is there some type of wifi ability for the phone and Link?
    07-03-13 10:06 AM
    I feel very sorry for you if you are using Win 8... it is the worst piece of garbage to ever come out of Redmond... and it was never meant for serious computing !

It may be great on a tablet or a Win phone, but it sucks on any non-touchscreen device !

I got a new laptop that came with it installed, and I am fighting with the vendor to give me the support I need to UPgrade Win 8 to Windows 7...
    ...they don't like that idea !

Oh well... the fight continues !
    07-12-13 02:45 PM
    Hi all,
    I need help. After having searched several fora I am not sure that the issue has been resolved or if it has, exactly how. I have the Z10, running the new BB OS. I have my music library in Realplayer plus 16 on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 running windows 8.When I run B lackberry Link it finds my pictures and videos but not my music. I get the same message that is listed above by the OP. My music library which consists of both the mp3 files, organized by albums with their attendant cover art. The music library shows up fine in Realplayer but again Link can't seem to see the library. I have followed all of the steps described above and nothing. I installed Windows Media Player which I hate but was willing to load and runit if it could seamlessly copy my music library from tablet to Z10, but it doesn't . Of course I can copy the mp3 files to the micro sd card and place that in my phone but the result is just a random listing of hundreds of mp3 files with no grouping, organization or cover art. I would be grateful if someone could lay out a step by step fix for this problem. Thanks and be kind to the newbie on his first post.
    09-02-13 10:38 PM
    I feel very sorry for you if you are using Win 8... it is the worst piece of garbage to ever come out of Redmond... and it was never meant for serious computing !

It may be great on a tablet or a Win phone, but it sucks on any non-touchscreen device !

I got a new laptop that came with it installed, and I am fighting with the vendor to give me the support I need to UPgrade Win 8 to Windows 7...
    ...they don't like that idea !

Oh well... the fight continues !
    A bit of info here:

You are eligible to "downgrade" to Windows 7 Pro, if the computer came preloaded with Windows 8 Pro.

All you need is to borrow a Windows 7 install disk (32 or 64 bit respectively, even OEM Home Premium will do, as the version to be installed is determined by the product key), and ring Microsoft and say you would like to make use of your Windows 7 Pro downgrade rights from 8 Pro.

Out of luck if it's 8 Standard. They won't do it. Only Pro is eligible. Good luck with your efforts, God bless

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-22-14 02:58 AM