I have two issues with the music player on the z10 (well more than that, but 2 main issues):

1. Is there any way to create a playlist other than selecting songs one by one? I would ideally like to create a playlist of all the songs in a particular folder, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that

2. Is there any way to "clean" the music library? One of my mp3 files was corrupted somehow so I deleted it from the SD card, but it still shows up in the music library and when I try to play it (i.e. the file that has actually been deleted) I get an error message "the file can't be played due to an unexpected error". Is there any way for me to remove this "phantom" song from the music library? I tried copying back a proper version of the song from my PC, but thenI end up with 2 versions of the song in the library, and to make things worse one of them shows no album art (that one plays) and the other shows album art (but links to the "phantom" file and won't play).
    02-20-13 08:19 AM
    1- click and hold the first song in the folder, now hit "Select more " on the side, now just click the rest of the songs.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 08:35 AM
    1- click and hold the first song in the folder, now hit "Select more " on the side, now just click the rest of the songs.

Posted from my Z10.
    On second thought, this doesn't work lol you don't get the option to add to playlist when you select more than one song...very silly

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 08:37 AM
    On second thought, this doesn't work lol you don't get the option to add to playlist when you select more than one song...very silly

Posted from my Z10.
    Bingo :/

They should definitely make that an option!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 02:21 PM
    Bingo :/

They should definitely make that an option!

Posted via CB10
    Lol I said it because it seems like it would be the way.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 02:27 PM
    I have two issues with the music player on the z10 (well more than that, but 2 main issues):

1. Is there any way to create a playlist other than selecting songs one by one? I would ideally like to create a playlist of all the songs in a particular folder, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that

2. Is there any way to "clean" the music library? One of my mp3 files was corrupted somehow so I deleted it from the SD card, but it still shows up in the music library and when I try to play it (i.e. the file that has actually been deleted) I get an error message "the file can't be played due to an unexpected error". Is there any way for me to remove this "phantom" song from the music library? I tried copying back a proper version of the song from my PC, but thenI end up with 2 versions of the song in the library, and to make things worse one of them shows no album art (that one plays) and the other shows album art (but links to the "phantom" file and won't play).
    I am having the same issue as your second point. Have you discovered a fix?
    03-24-13 08:06 PM
    for #1:

- open the music app and tap playlist from the bottom selections. you will now see a list of all your playlists and collections
    - tap create under playlists. you will now see all the songs on your phone - sorted in tabs by songs, albums, artists.
    - tap the plus sign on the right hand side of the song to add it to the playlist. or go to the album/artist tabs and add entire albums/artists
    - tap done and give the playlist a name
    - done and done. you now have your playlist

for #2:

I have no idea. except to try neutron music player. with neutron you can set your sources and ignore folders.
    03-24-13 10:52 PM
    for #2:

I have no idea. except to try neutron music player. with neutron you can set your sources and ignore folders.
    But not if your tunes are on the sd card. Waiting for an update.
    03-24-13 11:00 PM
    Have you tried removing the sdcard.

Or maybe remove sd, boot without sd and then reinsert sd and obviously reboot. This will possibly force the z10 to re index all the music. Also look for a .db file created recently on your sd card, this could be the result of the indexing process. If that's the case, when you delete that it'll rescan and that file won't end up in the list

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:05 PM
    I found a windows application that scans all the sub folders in a folder and makes a play list inside every folder. With wifi file browsing enabled, I drop in my folders to the SD card of the phone and the play lists are all there now. I forget the name of it, it was open source though and will find it if you need, just remind.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:25 PM
    I forget the name of it, it was open source though and will find it if you need, just remind.

Posted via CB10
    I would like to know the name of that application. It drives me nuts that I cannot play music from my z10 from songs in a folder.
    03-24-13 11:33 PM
    But not if your tunes are on the sd card. Waiting for an update.
    yes, for now. I am waiting for that update too. but I've moved some songs to the phone temporarily. there were just too many options I wanted to take advantage of that I couldn't wait.
    03-24-13 11:56 PM
    Yup, the app looks great. I've got 53 Gb of tunes just waiting for them fix it.

After loading up my card and trying everything to get neutron to work, I had no desire to move any of them to a shared file.

No biggie. Resident mp3 player is ok for now.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:06 AM

I just found out yesterday from this link what was wrong

Blackberry 10- MTS

there can't be any symbols in the song, I was ripping form youtube and i had "-"s in all my songs. I sorted them out by having the songs and artists divided up in itunes and now they all work

Put this on every local file missing thread, I was getting insanely angry at it too
    05-17-13 09:16 AM
    I am still having problems with "phantom" songs. I got so frustrated, that I deleted ALL mp3 files from my sd card, removed sd card, rebooted... To no avail! Phantom songs that do not exist are still showing up in my music library!

Is there no way to completely clear the library cache and start over?

Am now going to re-format the SD Card, but I have a feeling the library cache is stored in device memory somewhere, so I'm not sure even that will help...
    Last edited by Icarus3000; 06-03-13 at 08:34 PM.
    06-03-13 08:16 PM
    Create the play list in Windows media player. I find it easier to do this on a desktop/laptop anyway. From there blackberry link will recognize the created playlist if you set WMP as the default in the settings. The simply drag that playlist into your Z10 as you would.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:53 PM
    Update: re-formatting the media card appears to have solved the problem of the phantom songs. Now I need to rebuild my library. Wish there was an easier way to do this.

EDIT: In the process of re-building my library another file got corrupted. Now it looks like I have to reformat again! I hope someone from BlackBerry is reading this and that a simpler way of re-indexing the music library is added to a future OS update!
    Last edited by Icarus3000; 06-06-13 at 08:59 AM.
    06-04-13 09:08 AM