Will this ever be possible?
    02-20-13 01:32 AM
    I've been wanting to know this also.
    02-20-13 02:49 AM
    It's the only way I'll ever buy a Z10, and I've been eagerly waiting for this phone for 2 years. The idea that I can't keep an email older than 30 days on my phone is absurd (I still don't quite believe it but this is what seems to be the case).
    02-20-13 02:56 AM
    Good point. That was quite a silly goof.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 03:24 AM
    I'll get over it. I can always goto the website. Would like it to hold them indefinitely though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-20-13 09:36 AM
    It's the only way I'll ever buy a Z10, and I've been eagerly waiting for this phone for 2 years. The idea that I can't keep an email older than 30 days on my phone is absurd (I still don't quite believe it but this is what seems to be the case).
    Are you all joking? This is a Gmail issue, not Blackberry. Read some of the other 100 threads on this, or Google it.

I had the same issue on my Iphone with Gmail.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 09:40 AM
    I too would like to know this. I use Intermedia as my hosted exchange account for my company. With current iphone with Activesync you can have unlimited emails on the devices along with subfolders. I noticed that in the settings from my provider that there is a box to select for number of days to sync or you can uncheck the box for unlimited emails to sync. I would like to know if this holds for BB z10 as well.
    02-20-13 10:39 AM
    I think if enough people to call BlackBerry support and create tickets, it will let BB know that this is a feature that's much wanted/needed.

I'm returning my Z10 because of this, and also because whenever I send an email from my Z10, my outlook does not show I've responded to the original email (no purple arrow).
    02-20-13 10:43 AM
    I think if enough people to call BlackBerry support and create tickets, it will let BB know that this is a feature that's much wanted/needed.

I'm returning my Z10 because of this, and also because whenever I send an email from my Z10, my outlook does not show I've responded to the original email (no purple arrow).
    Dude read the post 2 above your post

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 10:52 AM
    Sure make a folder, sync it and put the ones you want to keep in that folder? Or do all folder only do 30 days?
    02-20-13 10:58 AM
    Sure make a folder, sync it and put the ones you want to keep in that folder? Or do all folder only do 30 days?
    All folders, it's what Google allows. Same as on iphones.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 11:01 AM
    Dude read the post 2 above your post

Posted from my Z10.
    Um, I'm not using gmail.

I'm using a Hosted Exchange service.........I called BB and they know about the issue.
    02-20-13 11:02 AM
    Are you all joking? This is a Gmail issue, not Blackberry. Read some of the other 100 threads on this, or Google it.

Posted from my Z10.
    Can you kindly provide us with a link to a representative thread? I can't get the right search terms to hit the posts which actually provide answers versus questions.
    02-20-13 11:03 AM
    How is this on EAS? Also only 30 days? Can anyone who tried this, confirm?
    02-20-13 11:04 AM
    Does it allow you to do an "advanced search" like in BB7 and search the remote server? I currently keep my mail 30 days on my 9810 but it doesn't matter with advanced search because I can pull up anything older on the server (not through webmail, through the messaging app on BB7). This also worked as far back as I can remember (OS5) but maybe even earlier versions - I just don't remember.
    02-20-13 11:14 AM

Posted from my Z10.
    This isn't a Gmail issue. I have full access to all my Gmail emails going back years - on my iPhone. The 30 day limit on BB10 applies to Outlook.com accounts as well as Gmail. Also my work email set up via EAS. (Those are the only ones I can confirm).
    02-20-13 12:07 PM
    This isn't a Gmail issue. I have full access to all my Gmail emails going back years - on my iPhone. The 30 day limit on BB10 applies to Outlook.com accounts as well as Gmail. Also my work email set up via EAS. (Those are the only ones I can confirm).
    Strange. I've had an iphone 2 years and the settings were the same as in the Z10, 30 day.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 12:20 PM
    This 30-day rule seems counter to BlackBerry being a superior communications device.....sigh.....
    bobauckland likes this.
    02-20-13 06:04 PM
    The Playbook has this limitation, so I have to have an Android App side-loaded (Kaiten Email) for accessing older email. I might just have to stick with my Bold 9930 and 3 months or more of emails unless this is fixed before the Z10 availability on Verizon.
    02-21-13 05:00 AM
    Its a setting on the iphone that you can change. No go for the Z10, so far.

Strange. I've had an iphone 2 years and the settings were the same as in the Z10, 30 day.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-21-13 05:32 AM
    This is not just a GMail issue etc. This is all accounts, I've got GMail account with EAS and I've got some IMAP accounts. You set an initial sync amount but then the device purges messages once they are over 30 days old across the board. This is insane, you can't even load older ones within the accounts manually like you can on iPhone/Android.

I assume this is to keep the Hub overview responsive but there are methods to deal with this, keep 30 days worth of data around for the Hub view and then drop into the account and load the rest of the data from elsewhere. This needs to be fixed.
    02-21-13 08:53 AM
    Posted from my Z10.
    I guess you didn't look at the mail and calender settings where it shows "No Limit".
    02-21-13 11:06 AM
    Also all my email accounts on my iphone (except Gmail) syncs instantaneously. Eg. If I delete on the Iphone, it'll be deleted on the server right away, and once I open the email, it will be marked as read on the server right away as well.

For the z10, there is a 10 min delay for deleted/read sync to the server.

Forutunately z10 and iphone both sends emails to the phone instantly.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 11:30 AM
    Can't you just place your emails to "Remember". They should be there until you erase them......just saying...you can keep your phone just have to learn how to use it before you bash it

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 12:07 PM
    I guess you didn't look at the mail and calender settings where it shows "No Limit".
    Just FWIW: It's on the EAS/Exchange account settings as "Mail Days to Sync". See image.

That said - it's not really practical to keep "everything", and the operator of the server can easily block that via server policy, and many do, to manage resource usage.

Apparently a bunch of iPhone users got uptight about that last December when GoDaddy clamped a policy on their Exchange/EAS accounts and "No Limit" no longer worked on their devices.

Keeping emails longer than 30 days?-setup_06.png
    02-22-13 02:14 AM
48 12