I only use my Bold 9900 for calls, emails, text messages, and occasionally surf the browser. Today I tried sending my wife a text message with a picture and a music clip that would play when she opened the message, but I failed miserably. I have no idea how to do it, or if my phone is capable of doing that.

If anyone knows how to do it, please enlighten me. It was very common before smartphones. Text messages that would play a song (without having to download the music file) while 3-5 slides were shown. Is it possible to do on a Bold 9900? If so, I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!
    02-19-13 07:53 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan? MMS requires that on BlackBerry. Note that you cannot add pictures or music to plain SMS.
    02-19-13 08:26 PM
    [QUOTE=I_Am_Paranoia;8009190]I only use my Bold 9900 for calls, emails, text messages, and occasionally surf the browser. (...)[quote]
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan? MMS requires that on BlackBerry. Note that you cannot add pictures or music to plain SMS.
    As OP IS using his Bold for emails and browsing, I'd assume he HAS data plan.
    And perhaps it is different in your country, but normally for MMS you don't need a Blackberry data plan, as the protocol used for MMS data is quite different.

EDIT: Source:
    MMS does not utilize one's data plan to distribute multimedia content. Data plans are only used when included links (if any) are clicked.

Today I tried sending my wife a text message with a picture and a music clip that would play when she opened the message, but I failed miserably. I have no idea how to do it, or if my phone is capable of doing that.
    If anyone knows how to do it, please enlighten me. It was very common before smartphones. Text messages that would play a song (without having to download the music file) while 3-5 slides were shown. Is it possible to do on a Bold 9900? If so, I would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks!
    The phone is capable of sending MMS, but there is no possibility of the slides, unless you prepare the power point presentation (your wife also have to use a smartphone though: and in that case you could send an email).
    What you can do, is simply compose a text message, attach a picture or two, and attach the music file. That's it.
    Please bear in mind, that some networks may restrict the size of the MMS message. Another problem might be the recipient's phone: it also might not be able to handle big-size messages.
    In the beginning just try sending a simple picture. If it goes through, then play with adding more elements.
    02-20-13 03:55 AM