I have installed the Blackberry Link software, and connected my phone with my BB account, etc. Everything seems to be fine - until I try to sync some sample music. I drag the files to the folder, and I get the message "preparing to sync", and then it just sits there. Then, after a while, I get a "connection error" saying the software can't connect to my phone, even though I haven't touched it.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice. I unplug the phone, then re-connect it. Then I try the whole process again, but get the same answer. I'm going nuts! Is there a way to fix this?
    02-19-13 01:59 PM
    Nothing else is a problem. I don't think there's anything wrong with the computer. Have no complaints about anything else.
    02-19-13 02:23 PM
    Turn Wifi OFF before you connect your blackberry to the computer via USB.
    02-27-13 06:28 PM
    My BB Link desktop software used to work until an update, for some reason it won't even load at all. I try the desktop shortcut and it won't even load. Tried from the start menu too. I don't know why, and I am a pretty good windows trouble shooter... curious, is anyone else having problems loading up the Link desktop software? My Z10 software release is 10.0.10.85... Funny, just checked and the old BB Desktop ver 7 software isn't loading either... anyone else have issues?
    03-20-13 02:44 PM
    My BB Link desktop software used to work until an update, for some reason it won't even load at all. I try the desktop shortcut and it won't even load. Tried from the start menu too. I don't know why, and I am a pretty good windows trouble shooter... curious, is anyone else having problems loading up the Link desktop software? My Z10 software release is 10.0.10.85... Funny, just checked and the old BB Desktop ver 7 software isn't loading either... anyone else have issues?
    Ever since I upgraded Link, it stopped working. I just get the black box in the middle of the screen that says "blackberry Link" but it never goes beyond that anymore.
    Gonna try uninstall/reinstall
    05-08-13 01:56 PM
    Running Windows 7 64bit, I have installed as Admin but each time I try to start link it fails with the following error. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: blackberrylink.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.1.0.37
    Problem Signature 03: 518822fb
    Problem Signature 04: Rim.Common.Filesystem
    Problem Signature 05: 1.1.0.37
    Problem Signature 06: 5188226e
    Problem Signature 07: 318
    Problem Signature 08: 79
    Problem Signature 09: System.AggregateException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    Last edited by BB-Marcus; 05-09-13 at 08:08 AM.
    05-09-13 07:02 AM
    I was going to post this.

I only had my Z10 internal and removable storage drive show up in My Computer folder once.

When BlackBerry Link is installed, it also installs BlackBerry device manager. When I click to open that window, I can see my BlackBerry connected, but the storage volume doesn't seem to get mounted.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:25 AM
    I am starting to believe that the Z10 gets connected through wifi. I recall seeing a screen cap and it was listed under 'network drive '

It isn't your typical usb removable storage device.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:29 AM
    I tried to download Link to a new laptop with Windows 8 to backup my Z10. Link won't even finish installing. Anyone got a solution? Or even a reason why not? Thanks in advance. Robert

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 11:39 PM
    I hope the updated link and new 10.1 software fixes this... but it will be a while before I can try with my home desktop while away for business. Did anyone's issue resolve ?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 09:07 AM
    I figured my problem. I have to turn off my wifi if I want to sync my phone to link.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 09:18 AM
    I am so disappointed with how Blackberry's softwar especially the BB link that does not responds on windows 7 and more recently the number of updates that BB have had for my BB Z10 by the time I have updated all of the software the data costs at my expense would have exceeded the cost of the phone! Any prospective buyers rather opt for an old tried and trusted phone.....
    08-01-14 10:29 AM
    Seems to me that any negative comments are not posted why?
    08-01-14 10:32 AM
    One fix I have found. and obviously not always the only one, when having problems with BB Link not connecting. Try this:
    Using a version of Windows, go to Settings/Storage and Access, change from Autodetect to Connect to Windows.
    Solved my problem many things, also seems to change back to Autodetect after an OS upgrade.
    08-01-14 12:29 PM
    Some folks have found turning OFF wifi also allows Link to work.
    08-01-14 09:06 PM
    blackberry link not open
    08-04-14 03:30 PM
    Link needs a major overhaul. I gave up on it and just use file drag and drop for everything

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 06:18 PM
    I have installed the Blackberry Link software, and connected my phone with my BB account, etc. Everything seems to be fine - until I try to sync some sample music. I drag the files to the folder, and I get the message "preparing to sync", and then it just sits there. Then, after a while, I get a "connection error" saying the software can't connect to my phone, even though I haven't touched it.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice. I unplug the phone, then re-connect it. Then I try the whole process again, but get the same answer. I'm going nuts! Is there a way to fix this?
    For the first time in almost a year I have also tried to use BB link guess what ..... BB link not responding ..... it is the most useless software program I have ever come across .... now I transfer files using blue tooth to bypass the BB "missing link"
    08-11-14 12:03 PM
    Having same issue as you. BlackBerry Link not working since last update of windows 10.
    09-19-16 04:41 PM
    Exactly, I needed to try to put an APK (i made a game) on my BB Z30, and It dose not respond, but before windows 10 update, IT WORKED >-< But I am getting the new DTek phone soon
    10-14-16 08:11 PM
    If you guys do a search with the same title of this thread, you will find the solution to the problems related to Link not working properly after updating windows.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 08:47 PM
    I wanted to chime in here, as I will in every thread I read through that didn't mention this: there's a very easy solution that may fix your problem, as it did with mine. It's mentioned in this link but I'll paste it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-link-1085973/

Turn on Show hidden files and folders
    Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\
    Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old

As unbelievable as it sounds, this fixed my problem immediately. Before doing this BlackBerry Link would crash while loading every single time. I have Windows 10, and I was convinced by my own experiences and what some said on forums that it wasn't possible to get it working. Literally renaming one file used by an unrelated program fixed it.
    gshergold likes this.
    04-06-17 08:36 PM

Turn on Show hidden files and folders
    Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\
    Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old
    Thanks a lot OrlandoAlex! My Blackberry Link stopped working on Windows 7 and your solution fixed it. Even though it feels weird...
    04-13-17 01:10 PM
    My problem is slightly different.

I do not have iTunes installed and I still can't get the BlackBerry Link to do a backup.

*BlackBerry Link Usually loads with no problem, whenever I connect my Z10 to my Windows 10 desktop PC.

*My "Y" & "Z" folders will open (most of the time)

*Blackberry Link will usually sinc and show my device (with the BlackBerry/BBM ID).

*I have daily automatic Backup setup as default.

*The "calculation backup" process will usually start, but will usually end up failing or incomplete (doesn't matter if it is set as quick, full, or custom backup)

*After the automatic backup fails, I usually try to do the backup manually, but it usually still end up failing.

*Many times when I connect my BBOS10 device the phone will ask me if I want to install BlackBerry Link. Even though it is already installed.

*If I select install and go through the process I sometimes get BlackBerry Link to do a do a complete backup of my Z10, without a failure. But late, it still fails, most of times

This as been happen for a while now.

Footnote: I make sure the WiFi setting is turned off in BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 10:39 PM
    Unfreaking believable! That did it!
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Ben Stewart3 likes this.
    06-06-17 09:15 PM
28 12