Hi everyone,

I was fortunate enough to get my Z10 earlier than most because I live in the UK. On the whole I'm really likeing this phone, it makes using and iphone or android seem ancient.
    There are just a few minor bugs I hope blackberry addresses for the next update.

1) LED notification and system sounds randomly stop working, only a restart corrects this issue. This issue happened 3 times in about 3 weeks
    2) Rotation is quite sensitive and often the phone will go in landscape mode even if im holding it in a portrait mode.
    (also, when rotation lock is enabled, it would be nice if when viewing videos it would auto disable when putting the phone in landscape mode)
    3) No easy way to see senders email, the only way is to reply then tap the name to see who has emailed you.
    4)Hub annoyances.. these have been discussed at length in many posts so i wont go into them there.
    5) there needs to be a more efficent way to delete emails, rather than long pressing and selecting delete from the side menu
    6) keyboard pops up a lot of the time when i dont want it to when swiping back in the hub. This isnt a major issue but it can be annoying.

I feel if these issues are addressed then this would be a perfect phone

If you agree or disagree, let me know.

Thanks!
    02-19-13 10:37 AM
    Hi everyone,

I was fortunate enough to get my Z10 earlier than most because I live in the UK. On the whole I'm really likeing this phone, it makes using and iphone or android seem ancient.
    There are just a few minor bugs I hope blackberry addresses for the next update.

1) LED notification and system sounds randomly stop working, only a restart corrects this issue. This issue happened 3 times in about 3 weeks
    2) Rotation is quite sensitive and often the phone will go in landscape mode even if im holding it in a portrait mode.
    (also, when rotation lock is enabled, it would be nice if when viewing videos it would auto disable when putting the phone in landscape mode)
    3) No easy way to see senders email, the only way is to reply then tap the name to see who has emailed you.
    4)Hub annoyances.. these have been discussed at length in many posts so i wont go into them there.
    5) there needs to be a more efficent way to delete emails, rather than long pressing and selecting delete from the side menu
    6) keyboard pops up a lot of the time when i dont want it to when swiping back in the hub. This isnt a major issue but it can be annoying.

I feel if these issues are addressed then this would be a perfect phone

If you agree or disagree, let me know.

Thanks!
    I've noticed a few of these in the 12 days I've had the phone. Number 2 can be annoying, however, it hasn't happened much. Number 3 is a good point. I don't mind # 5 as it has prevented me from deleting e-mails that I wanted to keep. Number 6 can be a pain, not to mention trying to get rid of the keypad at times.

Not the end of the world or a deal breaker as mentioned. In my opinion.
    02-19-13 10:58 AM
    I've had the ring, notification sound go out as well and since I have an otterbox on it, it makes rebooting a pain. Anyone know the issue with this? Wonder if someone will make a reboot app for the z10 like I had on my torch instead of a battery pull
    02-19-13 11:11 AM
    I've had the ring, notification sound go out as well and since I have an otterbox on it, it makes rebooting a pain. Anyone know the issue with this? Wonder if someone will make a reboot app for the z10 like I had on my torch instead of a battery pull
    Do you use Bluetooth? This has been discussed in length and is apparently somehow connected with Bluetooth. I haven't personally tried using any Bluetooth devices on my Z10 since I've owned it so I can't comment much on it...

As for reboot - hold top lock button down, then press reboot in the bottom right.
    rickcox likes this.
    02-19-13 11:20 AM
    I can agree with your annoyances and there's a few more that bug me too, but overall as a brand spankin new OS and learning curve, I think we can all agree that Blackberry did an AMAZING job of it. I really still can't believe that this is their start and with updates things get better... But back on topic, I've experienced all of what you said but only really realized it was annoying until you said. LOL
    RobbyL likes this.
    02-19-13 11:33 AM
    Lol it's not your old BlackBerry.. As a poster above said just hold down the lock button
    Even at that though, legacy BB's also can reboot with a button sequence, but not if completely frozen. With the Z10 and Playbook.. Holding down the power/lock button will shut off the device always.
    02-19-13 11:46 AM
    Do you use Bluetooth? This has been discussed in length and is apparently somehow connected with Bluetooth. I haven't personally tried using any Bluetooth devices on my Z10 since I've owned it so I can't comment much on it...

As for reboot - hold top lock button down, then press reboot in the bottom right.
    Actually I do use bluetooth. Somehow I'm not surprised as I was thinking about that a few minutes ago that it happens after the phone stays connected to my bluetooth but I will research this in the forum. Thanks a lot
    02-19-13 11:58 AM
    #3 is annoying as well as no option to make the fonts bigger within the email body other than zoom which does not reflow the text and makes it hard to read - Sigh
    02-19-13 12:15 PM
    I can agree with your annoyances and there's a few more that bug me too, but overall as a brand spankin new OS and learning curve, I think we can all agree that Blackberry did an AMAZING job of it. I really still can't believe that this is their start and with updates things get better... But back on topic, I've experienced all of what you said but only really realized it was annoying until you said. LOL
    I agree that for a first OS blackberry did a great job, the first ios android os had way more problems. I'm excited to see how this os will mature, it will be excellent. For now I hope they address these issues with an update, because if everyone is experiencing them it means its not one or two faulty units.

cheers!
    02-19-13 02:19 PM
    Also in the uk and I am very impressed with the phone. I would like to be able to customise the profiles more like in the old OS and hope that a dock/charging pod is available soon, I miss being able to use it as a bedside clock.

Agree with all the comments above and compared with the iPhone I think I made the right decision. I picked up an iPhone 5 for my daughter yesterday as an upgrade and the 30 mins I had playing with it while setting it up showed that the keyboard on the z10 is light years ahead in my opinion.
    02-19-13 03:20 PM
    I cannot believe #3. That sucks big time!!! How can a device that was originally built specifically for email prevent you from easily seeing who sent the actual email to you.
    02-19-13 03:26 PM
    I agree with point six
    Mm sometimes I don't want the keyboard to keep showing up

Posted via CB10
    semperfi45 likes this.
    02-19-13 03:43 PM
    BB10 update coming soon
    02-19-13 03:45 PM
    I cannot believe #3. That sucks big time!!! How can a device that was originally built specifically for email prevent you from easily seeing who sent the actual email to you.
    Unless I misunderstand you can see the senders name, just not the details of the email address.

(Waiting for the native WhatsApp before upgrading - hopefully any day!)
    02-19-13 04:24 PM
    Unless I misunderstand you can see the senders name, just not the details of the email address.

(Waiting for the native WhatsApp before upgrading - hopefully any day!)
    side loaded whatsapp works reasonably well.. you just have to have the app open all the time, thats not an issue because of the multitasking abilities of the phone
    02-19-13 05:26 PM
    Nice feedback here
    02-19-13 05:45 PM
    Two things.

1. Make sure when you hit rotation lock, it turns blue. Made this mistake for a week and it really irritated me. Not any more!

2. If the keyboard is up when not needed, just tap once anywhere on the screen. ( except the keyboard of corse) You can then just hit the back key to get back in his hub table of contents.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 05:46 PM
    side loaded whatsapp works reasonably well.. you just have to have the app open all the time, thats not an issue because of the multitasking abilities of the phone
    Thanks - where do the new message notifications appear if you sideload WhatsApp? In the hub? And do you still get an LED notification/vibration?
    02-19-13 05:51 PM
    Thanks - where do the new message notifications appear if you sideload WhatsApp? In the hub? And do you still get an LED notification/vibration?
    Yes you still get a LED notification, the messages appear in the "notification tab" of the hub. This tab has the bell shaped icon where the system notifications usually appear.
    02-19-13 06:45 PM
    Hi folks.... I've had my BB Z10 for a few days now... here are some observations from a life long BB user.
    The email is arriving to recipients with odd characters throughout (like "="), also anything replied to that has HTML in it appears as code.
    -When I call, my ear, or movement on my face can dial another number ...freaking annoying
    -Battery life is pretty sad
    I'm trying to be positive as I've made a 3 year commitment to this phone, I'm sure a lot of these issues can be fixed with updates. The email ghosts need to be addressed as email is BB's bread and butter.
    Other than these, it's fast, slim and good looking...with that said my old 9800 when I dropped it I usually used my foot to try to soften the blow...this resulted (more than one) in me drop kicking the phone across the room.... I doubt this will phone will fair as well
    03-28-13 07:50 AM

I had missed this somehow. Thanks again............
    04-23-13 03:42 PM
    Well laid out, constructive comments.

As to #3, if you tap the Blue Header on an open email page, the sender's email address is provided just under the sender's name. Either that, or the source of the email.
    04-23-13 03:51 PM
    #3 is annoying as well as no option to make the fonts bigger within the email body other than zoom which does not reflow the text and makes it hard to read - Sigh
    Font size in general, which includes the font for emails, can be changed in settings.

Settings> Display > Font Size
    04-23-13 03:56 PM