I've noticed this since 2.0 was released last year and never really got around to asking about it. I'm just wondering what the delay is between actually getting a Facebook message, and the PlayBook actually notifying me without having to open the app or refresh it. It seems to take quite a long while for the PlayBook to notify me on its own of a Facebook message.
    Is this just a problem I'm having, or is there a set amount of time one should expect the PlayBook to take? If the latter is the case, why aren't the notifications immediate? One would think that would be much more useful.
    02-19-13 12:18 AM
    Also, is it somehow magically possible to tweet from the messages app?
    02-19-13 01:09 AM
    I have not heard of tweeting from that app. Furthermore it has taken me 30 minutes before to get a message on that app...my Torch 9860 pings off before that thing knows what going on. Its the app, not the device.
    02-19-13 04:35 AM
    I've noticed this since 2.0 was released last year and never really got around to asking about it. I'm just wondering what the delay is between actually getting a Facebook message, and the PlayBook actually notifying me without having to open the app or refresh it. It seems to take quite a long while for the PlayBook to notify me on its own of a Facebook message.
    Is this just a problem I'm having, or is there a set amount of time one should expect the PlayBook to take? If the latter is the case, why aren't the notifications immediate? One would think that would be much more useful.
    I've noticed this seems pretty unreliable. It can take a very long time (30 minutes) sometimes, and not all facebook messages seem to make it to the Playbook message centre...
    02-19-13 04:43 AM
    yeah...I don't even use the message center...bridge apps are the only messaging thing I use. If the Torch pings then I will refresh the FB app on the PB manually to see the update/message on there...hopefully they fix the app some time..
    02-19-13 04:58 AM