Hey guys, so I've got a problem.

My Z10 won't connect to my home wireless internet. It connects to the wireless routers at coffee shops (open), at school (password protected) without hassle.

It FINDS the network no problem, the SSID is visible.

I enter the password without issue, and it's correct (I've checked, gone into my router, reset/retested).

I've cycled the power on my router, and modem.

Can anyone think of what else might be causing the issue? I have an old D-Link DIR-615 router.

...I've found this post "http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Can-t-connect-PlayBook-to-my-WPA2-wifi-D-Link-Wireless-N-Router/td-p/1219595" in my search for answers, so I'll try his answer out and report back if it works.

Any help appreciated!
    -RG
    02-18-13 11:32 PM
    I have the same problem, but it seems to be sporadic... some days I'll come home and it connects right away but other days it does not matter what I do it will not connect.
    I have found that sometimes doing a power cycle of the wireless router seems to do the trick.
    I can only assume it is a BlackBerry issue because my brother or anyone who comes over has no issues with their iphone or android devices connecting to the same network.
    02-18-13 11:58 PM
    No other tablets or laptops have had an issue at my house. I guess that means you could call it a BB problem, or a router problem, depending on where you'd like to place blame =P

Under the WiFi>Advanced>Logs part of the diagnostic process, I get these messages (I am RETYPING these, so I'll just give you the jist of it):
    (in order of operation, as they happened (reverse order of the log))

CTRL EVENT BSS ADDED
    Trying to associate with network SSID="My Network"
    <3>WLAN_AUTH_FAIL:UNRESPOSIVE_AP:[id=3]
    CTRL EVENT DISCONNECTED reason=0
    skip - blacklisted (count=1 limit=0)

That whole block of code essentially repeats 3 times, then stops - just like my phone makes 3 attempts to associate, and then stops.

I'll bump this until I hear a bit more. I've tried using manual IP information and it doesn't seem to be working.

Any further info appreciated - especially as to what the [id=3] part of the code means. I bet that's some kind of error flag.
    -RG
    02-19-13 12:08 AM
    Still no luck. Does anyone know of a good place to find general connection information? I'd love to be able for solve this problem.

Thanks,
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 02:56 PM
    Hi there,

Having the exact same wifi issues with the Z10. Sporadically I can connect to the wifi network at home and at the office. Randomly, I can't connect to the router. Same as others describe.. any help thoughts are appreciated.
    02-20-13 12:48 PM
    Exact same problem with my Dlink at work. My netgear at home works fine and any other wifi connection I have been on. Just my dlink at work is messed up. I even hard rest the router at work and started fresh. Same result

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 01:06 PM
    Jakeman33 - my issue isn't sporadic, it's constant. EVERY wifi connection works except for home, and at home there is an absolute 100% inability to associate to the network!

DX9 - At least I'm not the only one? =( I'm wondering if it's just the age of the router. Can you check the model number of your router at work? I'd love to be able to get this sorted out!

Thanks guys, let's get all these bumps sorted out ASAP!
    -RG
    02-22-13 09:26 AM
    Could the 802.11 protocol (b,g,n) be the issue? The BlackBerry PlayBook has a similar issue with some wireless routers.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-22-13 10:34 PM
    Updating the routers firmware usually helps to keep up with newer wireless cards, but I hope you guys dont have the same problem as me where in the end the Z10 failed to find & access any wireless , had to bring mine back yesterday .(thinking hardware problem as reloading software didnt help)
    02-23-13 12:04 AM
    Similar story. Could not connect to home wifi on old Dlink (ca. 2007) but connected on other networks without problem. Was using WEP Shared. Switching to WPA fixed the problem.
    02-23-13 12:43 AM
    Could the 802.11 protocol (b,g,n) be the issue? The BlackBerry PlayBook has a similar issue with some wireless routers.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    playbook did have that issue on my university network, but my z10 doesnt (touch wood!) although I've only tried it once. Then again my 9780 couldnt connect to the university network either. Lets hope this problem is resolved!

To the OP: have you tried WPA?
    02-23-13 01:09 AM
    I had same problem and it was an IP conflict.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 08:51 AM
    Bison and EauRouge: I will try switching it to WPA when I get home, and I'll see if that helps.

Thanks for the idea!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 04:20 PM
    No other tablets or laptops have had an issue at my house. I guess that means you could call it a BB problem, or a router problem, depending on where you'd like to place blame =P

Under the WiFi>Advanced>Logs part of the diagnostic process, I get these messages (I am RETYPING these, so I'll just give you the jist of it):

CTRL EVENT BSS ADDED

That whole block of code essentially repeats 3 times, then stops - just like my phone makes 3 attempts to associate, and then stops.

I'll bump this until I hear a bit more. I've tried using manual IP information and it doesn't seem to be working.

Any further info appreciated - especially as to what the [id=3] part of the code means. I bet that's some kind of error flag.
    -RG
    The log indicates that your device is blacklisted at the router. Have you got Mac Address Filtering turned on on the router by chance? The router is blocking the incoming WiFi service request based on pre-established criteria, usually by way of Mac Address filtering. I don't think it's a device specific issue.
    02-23-13 04:27 PM
    FBA - Thank you for that! I don't know anything about MAC filtering, but I will learn and then check to see if that is the issue too!

Will report here when I have more info. Thanks again, everyone!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 06:36 PM
    Log into the router as the admin, and check under the filtering section...and see if there are any filters installed in there. If there are, remove them all. Were you the one who configured the router in the 1st place?

Mac Address - is a (technically) unique Alphanumeric address assigned to every IP network device /interface in the world.

Your BB has one and it can be found in the network settings area. The way a Mac Address filter works, is by either allowing or blocking specific addresses to the router. So - if you have a router and you ONLY want to allow a group of devices to access that router, you could enter the address of each device and tell the router to ONLY allow those addresses. That's a way you can lock down a router to help prevent people from hacking your WiFi connection and stealing your bandwidth.

AFAIK, that's about the only way your D-Link can be locking out your BB...unless say, you assigned a manual IP address/ Gateway/ Subnet, and it wasn't on the same subnet as your D-Link. But if your D-Link is setup to use DHCP, it should be assigning you an address and getting your Z10 on the web, unless it's blacking via a Mac Address filter.

If you're trying to manually assign an IP, you need to make sure that you have the proper entries ie; IP range, Subnet, Gateway address, DNS address. Any single one of those being incorrect or off by as much as one number, WILL lock your BB out of the router and the Internet.
    02-23-13 06:49 PM
    I am also getting same error. I also checked the router log and here is what I got:

wireless: ath0 Sending auth to <MAC ADDRESS>. Status: Requested authentication algorithm not supported (13).

-Techxs
    02-26-13 08:02 AM
    For any of you using older routers, make sure you're not using WEP!

I imagine that could be causing some issues, but the security issue alone should get you to switch to WPA at least.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:51 AM
    Ok got it working after applying WPA2. Reboot Router then Reboot Z10 and finally connected.
    02-26-13 09:23 AM
    Mine connects very well apart from the embarrassing situation at lunch time with 2 iPhone and one 9900 users when we all tried to connect to the restaurant network and I was the only one to fail ...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:29 AM

CTRL EVENT BSS ADDED

-RG
    We are also getting the "Blacklisted" error from out logs. We have Aruba AP's deployed at work and we are using 802.11 / WPA2-EAP, MSCHAPv2. Was able to connect on the first day but after a while the device cannot connect. Brought the device home and connect no problem on my D-Link using WEP with a key (I know I need to change to WPA). We are in communication with the vendor (Aruba) but so far no luck.
    02-26-13 10:38 AM
    Alright guys, it's working.

It was actually a simpler fix than I thought. I just entered into a new manual wireless setup on my old, existing router.

I changed the security to WPA/2 auto mode, TKIP cipher, 3600s key update interval (all settings that are auto loaded when I changed to WPA). I even used the same password.

The only setting that I think I changed was the channel width, into Auto 20/40Mhz.

Post here and let me know if those changes work for everyone else too!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 02:41 AM
    Its a known problem BB Z10 will connect to wifi wireless N but will not connect to internet it establishes a connectio. But no data flow this true for only certain versions pn 802.11 N
    06-05-13 11:27 AM
    This is a problem with the Z10. The Aruba are working without fault to all devices except this Z10 .. I hope they fix it soon.
    08-05-13 02:30 PM
    Similar story. Could not connect to home wifi on old Dlink (ca. 2007) but connected on other networks without problem. Was using WEP Shared. Switching to WPA fixed the problem.
    had the same problem as the original poster. This fixed the problem. Cheers
    09-17-13 09:15 PM
34 12