Let me start of telling you about my blackberry history, i've used bb since 2005 and have been since. i love it and would never change to another device except for upgrading to a new one. ****, i can type with my eyes away from the keyboard, and drive, and drink my coffee, and have my cigarette lol. Well here are some issues/bugs ive been having that i thought id like to share. Keep in mind, these issues, were never issues in the legacy OS. Also, im not trying to bash bb10, i have and use daily a few berries, one personal, one work that is heavily encrypted. i also own shares of bb.

1. i cant drive and txt....which is fine lol.

2. media card encryption? my wifi sharing is turned off, but yet once i walk into a wifi network, my home computer can freely access my files on my z10 without requesting a password????? THIS IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE. blackberry securityy, where did u go??

3. YES, you can recieve PIN msgs from legacy phones but you can't send them, why??? tell me whyyyyy?

4. The hub is super buggy, it needs to refresh everytime i come back to it, and return to its original state, not my last txt msg or bbm, if its like that why do i even need a need a hub? why dont i jus go into my msg folder and take out that extra step??

5. composing email, sometimes i dont want to save a contact, but it remains there as recently sent and there is no way to get rid of...wheres the option to clear this cache?

6. bbm, status updates cannot be cleared, i dont want to see my friends emotions every hour in the history, id like to have the option to remove it if i chose too!

7. typing sucks....i can't wait for the q10 so i can give this one away to my sibling.

this was after a week of using the z10, im sure theres more bugs out there and thats fine,take your time to fix them, but why are they removing options that made blackberrys what they are today? i feel like im using a dumbmedown version honestly.
    02-18-13 10:37 PM
    I don't agree with anything you said except #6
    02-18-13 11:35 PM
    Don't have any of those problems? Time for you to look in settings.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 01:00 AM
    I can't agree nor disagree but, I don't like the cut of your jib....
    02-19-13 03:24 AM
    Let me start of telling you about my blackberry history, i've used bb since 2005 and have been since. i love it and would never change to another device except for upgrading to a new one. ****, i can type with my eyes away from the keyboard, and drive, and drink my coffee, and have my cigarette lol. Well here are some issues/bugs ive been having that i thought id like to share. Keep in mind, these issues, were never issues in the legacy OS. Also, im not trying to bash bb10, i have and use daily a few berries, one personal, one work that is heavily encrypted. i also own shares of bb.

1. i cant drive and txt....which is fine lol.

2. media card encryption? my wifi sharing is turned off, but yet once i walk into a wifi network, my home computer can freely access my files on my z10 without requesting a password????? THIS IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE. blackberry securityy, where did u go??

3. YES, you can recieve PIN msgs from legacy phones but you can't send them, why??? tell me whyyyyy?

4. The hub is super buggy, it needs to refresh everytime i come back to it, and return to its original state, not my last txt msg or bbm, if its like that why do i even need a need a hub? why dont i jus go into my msg folder and take out that extra step??

5. composing email, sometimes i dont want to save a contact, but it remains there as recently sent and there is no way to get rid of...wheres the option to clear this cache?

6. bbm, status updates cannot be cleared, i dont want to see my friends emotions every hour in the history, id like to have the option to remove it if i chose too!

7. typing sucks....i can't wait for the q10 so i can give this one away to my sibling.

this was after a week of using the z10, im sure theres more bugs out there and thats fine,take your time to fix them, but why are they removing options that made blackberrys what they are today? i feel like im using a dumbmedown version honestly.
    1. I can. ...not that that's a good thing.

2. There are 3 solutions to that. a) turn off WiFi, b) add a password to your device, c) on Link select "Remove Device".

3. Why? because they are moving away from PIN to PIN messages, they would prefer you used BBM. More people on BBM is good for Blackberry.

4. I have never had 1 issue with the Hub at all. It has never frozen and I've never had to reset it. I'm not sure what your issue is but it's certainly not the norm.

5. I'm not sure what you are referring to. When I manually type out an email address when composing it doesn't save it. If I want to send another email to the person I have to manually type it out again. I do see a couple of suggestions of addresses that I Receive a lot of messages from, but it doesn't store the ones I type in.

6. In BBM go to Updates, touch and hold anyone of them and then select Hide Updates. That way you will only see their updates if you go to their profile.

7. That's personal preference but I find this the best onscreen keyboard on any phone ever (and I've used most of them) and most reviewers tend to agree or at least list as one of the best.
    Vorkosigan and jrohland like this.
    02-19-13 03:47 AM
    I know I am being hypocritical....but let this one die boys, let it die.
    02-19-13 04:14 AM
    I know I am being hypocritical....but let this one die boys, let it die.
    Nooo....I think we need to have some fun with it....I think the OP needs to pick up a Motorola V551. I am
    willing to help him install it in his.....never mind....I don't have time....I'm playing with my Z10.
    02-19-13 04:24 AM
    No no - keep denying there are issues! That will make them all go away! Please don't stop criticizing people who come here and discuss what they like and don't like. After all, they may tell a friend (they probably have friends too, just like you) that it is buggy and needs some major updates. Even your beloved Kevin has a list of over 100 things to fix. I am sure yours are perfect.

#3 isn't an issue - they just took it away. Deal with it! It's a 1.0 product.
    panterarck and tack like this.
    02-19-13 05:50 AM
    The wifi access is an issue. even with password set and wifi access turn off, a pc that was connected will continue to see it as a mounted drive. The only way to stop it is to remove it from Link, which is silly given there is an on off switch for the capability right on the device where it should be.

Software....will be fixed.
    02-19-13 05:55 AM
    1. I can. ...not that that's a good thing.

2. There are 3 solutions to that. a) turn off WiFi, b) add a password to your device, c) on Link select "Remove Device".

3. Why? because they are moving away from PIN to PIN messages, they would prefer you used BBM. More people on BBM is good for Blackberry.

4. I have never had 1 issue with the Hub at all. It has never frozen and I've never had to reset it. I'm not sure what your issue is but it's certainly not the norm.

5. I'm not sure what you are referring to. When I manually type out an email address when composing it doesn't save it. If I want to send another email to the person I have to manually type it out again. I do see a couple of suggestions of addresses that I Receive a lot of messages from, but it doesn't store the ones I type in.

6. In BBM go to Updates, touch and hold anyone of them and then select Hide Updates. That way you will only see their updates if you go to their profile.

7. That's personal preference but I find this the best onscreen keyboard on any phone ever (and I've used most of them) and most reviewers tend to agree or at least list as one of the best.
    Looks like there is a solution to number 6! Lol!
    02-19-13 08:23 AM
    2. For this one, you don't have to remove the device from Link. There is a checkbox which you can uncheck which will prevent your phone's files from being shared on the wireless network.
    02-19-13 08:32 AM
    2. For this one, you don't have to remove the device from Link. There is a checkbox which you can uncheck which will prevent your phone's files from being shared on the wireless network.
    Do you not realize i've obviously tried it before i posted this??? im just stating the issues, im still using them darn thing not like im downgrading to an iphone anytime soon.

also, Bold_until_hybrid , turning off your wifi is like blasting up the music in your car when you hear your engine rumbling.=S......but not a bad idea for a temporary fix though.
    02-19-13 09:44 AM
    Do you not realize i've obviously tried it before i posted this??? im just stating the issues, im still using them darn thing not like im downgrading to an iphone anytime soon.

also, Bold_until_hybrid , turning off your wifi is like blasting up the music in your car when you hear your engine rumbling.=S......but not a bad idea for a temporary fix though.
    Errr, I had the same problem and that's how I fixed it...on more than one computer and wifi network. I should have said, "there is a checkbox within Link which will solve this issue."
    02-19-13 10:34 AM
    Remember like Kevin said BlackBerry Does look at these forums for Feedback so Don't let this thread die. They Need to see these so they can improve for the next big update.
    djmm2 likes this.
    02-19-13 11:32 AM
    I could not disagree with you on number 7 more.

I am well aware that the keyboard is really a PERSONAL preference thing BUT with the said I am, or I should say WAS, a die-hard physical keyboard ONLY person... I did decide to give the Zed10 a chance and it is a decision I have NOT regretted. The virtual keyboard is fantastic, in my opinion. Eons better then the ios virtual keyboard as well as androids stock keyboard. I thought the swiping up would be awkward but once you do it you are like Okay, this is awesome!!!

#1 - ... No Comment
    #2 - I cannot comment as I am waiting on my media card to arrive (it should be here tomorrow)
    #3 - PIN messages... I personally never used them so another non-issue.
    #4 - Have not encountered that issue...
    #5 - No problems there
    #6 - Someone suggested a fix for that...
    02-20-13 05:56 PM