So everyone that has had the Z10 for at least a week or two, how is your battery life now?

The first few days, I was going through the battery fairly quickly say 6-8 hours (I never put the phone down )

Today I took my phone off the charger at 9am and it is now 10:40pm and I have 11% battery life left

I have used the phone for browsing, gaming for 15-20 mins, phone calls, bbm, text and emails, crachberry app ... not heavy usage but what I would consider normal on previous phones (BB and iphones that I owned)

I think 13 hours + is pretty good for that usage

BTW to preserve battery life (not drainage but actual battery life) I let my battery drain completely once every couple days
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    02-17-13 09:44 PM
    Yeah it seems much better now.

Posted via CB10
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    02-17-13 09:45 PM
    Doing well. Not as good as the 9800 Torch yet, but better that the HD7 I used for a while. I ride devices HARD. Maps running, Communicate with dispatch and clients through phone, SMS, and email. Games and browsing while waiting.....
    Last edited by Commander Elvis; 02-17-13 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Adding details
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-17-13 09:48 PM
    Mine is 6 hours on working day, but that is to be expected since the device is not yet launched in Indonesia and carrier is still working out the kinks. Lots of signalling for sure.

Posted via CB10
    flyswatter66 likes this.
    02-17-13 09:53 PM
    I find the battery good even though I have been using it way heavier than I normally would. (new toy) I agree that it does not even come close to the life of the 9800 that I had before but for what it does and the size of the screen I am satisfied.

CB10 App, Z10
    02-17-13 09:54 PM
    Oh I agree that it is no comaprison to the Torch 9800 I had.. but for an all touch, HD screen and all the trimmins, it is pretty good.. as good if not better than the iPhone 3gs I owned
    02-17-13 09:56 PM
    My early estimation is that it's better than the 9900, which I realize isn't saying a lot, but it's also early going. I'm lucky; I've got micro-USB chargers at home, at my office, and in my car so it's not actually horrible.
    02-17-13 09:59 PM
    My early estimation is that it's better than the 9900, which I realize isn't saying a lot, but it's also early going. I'm lucky; I've got micro-USB chargers at home, at my office, and in my car so it's not actually horrible.
    I have chargers in my car, office and home as well...but I have been avoiding using them to see how long the life is
    02-17-13 10:01 PM
    I'm going to blame the Telus towers for my 6-7 hour max battery life. I had an unlocked 9900, and I always got better battery life with the Bell sim in instead of the Telus sim...any truth to this?
    02-17-13 10:16 PM
    Definitely better.
    13.5 hours @ 25% left today
    About 45 min talk
    Heavy BBM, light txting, extreme CB10 use
    Over half on cell and less than half on wifi.

Personally, my 9900 rocked. I didn't have the problems of poor battery life.

My battery life on both phones has been great.

Blue tooth on
    NFC off
    Wifi on
    LTE on
    Swipe to activate off

Z10 + PB 64GB = Keeping Moving. Posted using CB10 App
    Novaone likes this.
    02-17-13 10:18 PM
    I'm going to blame the Telus towers for my 6-7 hour max battery life. I had an unlocked 9900, and I always got better battery life with the Bell sim in instead of the Telus sim...any truth to this?
    Very interesting, my Z10 is on Koodo (Telus) and i'm seeing about 7 hours with moderate use.
    Novaone likes this.
    02-17-13 10:24 PM
    My battery life is great after a week. Even say by the third day I noticed a huge difference. I'd say it's easily comparable to my 9900 as long as I'm not doing heavy lifting (video, gaming, etc) but for my standard business use, emails, bbm, basic Web browsing etc. I would say it's at least on par with the 9900, if not or better. I think it's important to recognize that if you're playing an HD video game on this device, it's gonna kill the battery and not be comparable to a device that couldn't even run a game or video of that magnitude.
    02-17-13 10:26 PM
    I am on Telus .. I do disable Bluetooth and/or wifi when not in use

Are you in an area that has spotty connection? (my primary areas have very good coverage_
    02-17-13 10:27 PM
    Battery is amazing way better than my blackberry bold 9900. I'm getting day and a half almost 2 day's off mine! I let my blackberry die out completely at least one a week. I'm on FIDO LTE. I don't set these settings to purposely save battery. I just figure it's common sense to turn off things if you dont use them. Bell Networks are known to be battery eaters.

-Bluetooth off (when not in use)
    -Wi-Fi off (when not in one of my wi-fi locations)
    -NFC off
    -Location aka GPS off (when not in use)
    -Brightness I keep at around 25 percent
    02-17-13 10:31 PM
    Nobody will believe me if I post up my battery stats do what's the point?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 10:39 PM
    I find the battery life on par with the iPhone 5. I don't even sweat it, as I have the extra battery with charger so I basically never put this thing down haha

Classic moment last night as at 11pm I busted out the extra battery and got a smirk by my iPhone friend only to see his iPhone in the corner attached to the charger.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 10:55 PM
    I have no issue with z10 battery life. I never have to do all those things like turn off bluetooth, disable screen gesture, etc. I just use it out of the box and set screen brightness to half. It felt to me to be on par with all the other leading smartphones in terms of battery stamina. Its battery life is not great but so do the rest of competition. But it is completely acceptable
    02-17-13 11:19 PM
    Mine was very inconsistent for the first few weeks. Some days I'd get home at the end of the day with 40% remaining, while other days I'd be at 10% by 6 pm.

I disabled NFC a few days ago and it has lasted quite a bit longer, and has been much more consistent.
    02-18-13 12:00 AM
    I find some days I'm watching way more videos and surfing more on LTE while at work because it's so fast and the screen is so great, so those days my battery life is worse than my 9900, but on days that I use it the same way as I did my old Bold it's pretty much the same, in either case I make it through a work day before getting into the red (20% left) zone, from 7:30am - 8:00pm give or take an hour.
    02-18-13 12:33 AM
    12-14hrs of working time today on it from full charge and i was on it all day long doing lots of stuff today as usually i can get 15-17hrs.
    02-18-13 12:54 AM
    I'm a happy camper I get 12 to 13 houses out if the Z10. I'm out at work for 12 hours a day so I put it on charge on the pc at work just so I can use it on my train ride home.

I'll still be getting a second battery though just for those times I go out to the pub straight from work.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 02:06 AM
    Now that things have settled down into a normal routine with my Z10 over the last few days I have been getting around 31/32 hours out of my battery. Not as good as my old Torch 9800,but bearing in mind the larger screen, faster processor etc this is good enough for me. Not heavy on usage for texting or bbm; average about 3 hours a days for telephone calls, with light to moderate browsing (back to using PC or Playbook at home for internet). As of this moment no urgent rush to get the extra battery & charger (although I will get one eventually) as I have a car charger when required whilst out at work. Also call me old school but I only turn bluetooth, wifi etc on when I need them, & currently have no need for NFC, so this too adds more time onto my battery hours. All in all I am happywith the battery life.
    02-18-13 02:30 AM
    Must say that I was absolutely disgusted with the battery life when I first received this phone. Was getting six hrs even with all the regular battery saving tips (which btw is ******* bull****, why should I have to lower my screen brightness to zero? The whole point of the new screen and bb10 was to enjoy it and its 355 ppi or whatever it is). I can now say that I am getting a full day of use with pretty heavy use, 50emails, 100's of text's and bbm's and some web browsing. The CB app is freaking good looking good job by the crew. Still waiting for a twitter update the twitter app is ****. I really don't get why they would release a bb10 app that does SUBSTANTIALLY less than the os7 twitter app, that's just dumb. But battery life improving
    02-18-13 09:00 AM
    As suggested in another post, switch to HSPA+ if you aren't getting a good signal, I was only getting two bars on LTE in my house and at work, but 5 on HSPA+, so I switched, and haven't noticed the difference in web browsing speed. Too early to tell how much it will help battery, but some claim it will a lot.
    02-20-13 08:56 PM
    It gets me from 8:00 AM to at least 5:00 PM, probably more if I turned off LTE.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 09:13 PM
63 123