Does anyone have any problems with their incoming Hotmail email?
    The only time I see the new emails is when I delete and reactivate the account on the phone .
    All options are ticked for hotmail.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-17-13 06:29 AM
    It might help if you post how you setup the account and your settings.
    02-17-13 08:23 AM
    I have been considering a Z10 and have been viewing the forums. It might interest you to know that I had problems with Hotmail (MSN) email on the stock Android email app as well. Email would arrive hours and days later. In the end, I linked my two msn email accounts to my gmail account and I started receiving them immediately. I can respond with either the two msn accounts or the gmail account so responses come from the right account as well.
    02-17-13 08:42 AM
    I have not got an issue yet getting my hotmail emails and i set it up on the phone np's and i see the notifications in the HUB everytime i get an email, well within minutes or hrs, but you may not get an email rigtht away if you send it, my goodness what you expecting? No email service is that damn fast.
    02-17-13 08:46 AM
    I have been considering a Z10 and have been viewing the forums. It might interest you to know that I had problems with Hotmail (MSN) email on the stock Android email app as well. Email would arrive hours and days later. In the end, I linked my two msn email accounts to my gmail account and I started receiving them immediately. I can respond with either the two msn accounts or the gmail account so responses come from the right account as well.
    Unfortunately you won't be able to do that on the Z10. Even if you have your 2 MSN email accounts linked to your Gmail account, you'll only be able to respond from the Gmail account on your phone.
    02-17-13 08:48 AM
    Thanks Phill_Uk. On my S3, I use the Gmail app for my Hotmail and Gmail emails. The Gmail app let's me select which email account I want to use, not just the Gmail account.

It seems like the old Hotmail settings cause problems across all mobile platforms, not just BlackBerry. When I had my BB Storm, I didn't have any problems but when I went with Android I was tremendously frustrated with Hotmail delivery until I discovered the Gmail workaround.
    02-17-13 05:00 PM
    I too just started having this problem. I made a purchase from BlackBerry world yesterday and the receipt did not come thru on phone, although I checked and had indeed gotten one in email. Messages have not been coming in since yesterday.
    Any ideas?

What should the Hotmail settings be? It was working fine for a week so I'm not sure what the issue could be now.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 05:33 PM
    Like i stated before i have no issues so far, but i am wondering how you ppl are trying to set it up as i did it manully and just entered my email address twice and password, i did not even name it Hotmail or anything.

I did not use manual sync ever even on playbook..... oh never use manual on playbook it will drain your battery from 80% to like 15% when you wake up you be in a surprise and not only that the PB gets hot.........

OK back to this hotmail thing again i not sure what the issue is maybe its the servers in your area to?
    02-17-13 05:47 PM
    Does anyone have any problems with their incoming Hotmail email?
    The only time I see the new emails is when I delete and reactivate the account on the phone .
    All options are ticked for hotmail.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Have you figured it out? I'm with telus...what provider are you with?

I set up the account automatically thru the account settings.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 05:54 PM
    If you use advanced settings for your Hotmail account on your phone, try the following instructions. They are from a Verizon thread so I can't claim any credit.

Your incoming servers settings should look like this:
    pop3.live.com
    port 995

Your out going server settings should look like this:
    smtp.live.com
    port 587
    02-17-13 08:33 PM
    Hi i stopped receiving hotmail emails from my bell.net account since sat march 16. My sympatico account is till sending. Is there any other way to resolve this rather than delete and re add the account?? Its a pain as i will have to unread all 30 days worth of emails. Has anyone else had the same issue? bell.net has been working fine for over a month and i was getting emails instantly.

Thanks
    03-18-13 06:47 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my Hotmail not coming through to my Z10... It has worked as far as I know since I got my phone but when someone told me that they sent me an email yesterdday it was not to be found in in my hub or hotmail folder... when I logged into my hotmail account on the computer vola! there it was... I have Telus as a service provider as well and I am wondering if this is a network problem or just Blackberry..????
    08-15-13 10:20 AM
    Hotmail/Outlook was having publicized technical issues this week. That is likely quite a different issue, than the original poster was having, when he first posted his issue back earlier this year.
    08-15-13 10:25 AM
    Same with me but I updated my password even though it wasn't needed and it works, give it a try

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 10:28 AM
    Yes, this problem started for me about a week ago. A workaround solution is to forward hotmail to another of your email accounts, (you can keep the original in your hotmail inbox), I get blackberry bold 9900 notification for the forwarded email to one of my alternate email accounts. I can respond there, or login to hotmail and there they are in the inbox. Not the best of solutions, but at least you are getting notified when mail gets forwarded to your alternate email address. When you login to hotmail you may get a box pop-up at the bottom of the screen that notifies you that you have forwarding activated, click there to de-activate, which you can do if/when this hotmail/blackberry problem is solved. To activate Hotmail Email forwarding, click the wheel in the top-right corner and select Options. From the Options menu, click on "Email forwarding". Most likely you will see that the "Don't forward" box is checked. Click the "Forward your mail to the following email accounts", and put a valid Email address in the box below. I also checked the box "Keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Outlook.com inbox" which you can choose to do or not. Click Done. It doesn't take long before it starts working like a charm.
    06-04-15 07:05 PM