So I had my work email coming through for a week now and all of a sudden my IT dept decided to disable it for all devices that weren't Bb7 and below.

They said they need to do "Testing" since it is a new OS. All the while we have upgraded to Enterprise 10 and management studio.

Does anyone know of another way I can still get my email until my IT dept is done bickering about whatever testing they need to do?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 12:01 PM
    I think you are out of luck.

Just offer yourself as a tester?
    02-16-13 12:07 PM
    This is pretty much par for the course. I work for one of the major US carriers, and I had to get special blessing to be able to connect a Z10 up to my company Exchange account via Activesync to trial it. Our company-owned device folks have to "certify" new devices on an individual basis before they are allowed to access EAS. Non-certified devices get you a nastygram if you're lucky and fired if you aren't. I don't believe you'll find a way to circumvent this, and I highly recommend that you don't try.
    02-16-13 12:36 PM
    You can use IMAP4 or POP3 but those probably won't support push and the fastest pull period is 15 minutes. So it could take up to 15 minutes till you get email. There are other limitations also.
    02-16-13 01:48 PM
    webmail through the browser?
    02-16-13 02:08 PM
    Chances are if a company has EAS and BES10, they won't be opening up ports for IMAP and POP3.

Testing: if the IT manager doesn't buy me one, you don't get to use yours either. And I'm sure they tested out iOS 6.1 too. IT may have learned from the iOS 6.1 experience that things can go wrong... and when they do, they need to know how to deflect blame on themselves, thus, no 'unauthorized' devices. It has nothing to do with security.

BTW, IT does get a notice when you attempt to connect a new device to EAS. You get the email below followed by your device specs and versions.

"Your mobile phone is temporarily blocked from accessing content via Exchange ActiveSync because the phone has been quarantined. No action is necessary on your part. Content will automatically be downloaded as soon as access is granted by your administrator.Your mobile phone is temporarily blocked from synchronizing with the server while access is being verified. No further action is required by you. Your mobile phone will begin to synchronize shortly."
    02-16-13 02:09 PM
    Activesync is enabled on your Exchange user profile (it is per user). Unfortunately, without that little checkmark enabling it, you are out of luck. Also, if your company is a large enterprise, there may be other policy enforcement appliances on your network like Cisco ISE or NAC. Like someone else mentioned, you could volunteer to be a guinea pig and have your IT staff enable your phone for testing purposes.
    02-16-13 04:30 PM
    I was just wondering if BES10 enable sync with iOS and Android devices as well?
    Yep, it handles them all except old BlackBerrys.
    02-16-13 10:56 PM
    What do you use as a desktop email client? Outlook?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-16-13 10:59 PM
    Offer to be part of the test.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 02:05 AM
    Yep, it handles them all except old BlackBerrys.
    Depending on which components of it are installed. UDS (iOS/Android) is a very different beast to have set up in your enterprise to BDS (BB10)
    02-18-13 07:18 AM