I purchased a Z10 early this week and finally got it working with my necessary data from my BB Bold.
    I kept getting errors when using the BB Link software etc�
    I spent about 8 hrs with my provider tech support and about an hour with Blackberry Tech support.
    No one had a solution so through trial and error I found a solution!!! I have already passed this on to my provider and BB tech support but here it is:
    If you don�t already have a Gmail account create one and then download �Sync2� trial verson (PC) input your Gmail credentials and follow the instructions. This will automatically Sync Outlook Calendar and contacts with Gmail and then the rest is easy � you just sync your Z10 with Gmail. When setting up your Z10 make sure you do not change your Blackberry.net email until you have up-loaded you BB messenger contacts (ignore the prompt). Good luck!
    02-16-13 11:34 AM
    What Bold device we're you transferring from?
    02-17-13 09:41 AM
    I have a BB torch and wanting to upgrade to the Z10.....i only use gmail for my calander, contacts etc and have gmail sync to my torch.........will i have any problems transfering this data from gmail to a new Z10.....what would be the steps???

I just left the Bell Store without a new Z10 as i was advised you can't syn old BB with Z10 and that you have to manually enter data.

Thanks

Bear
    02-28-13 01:44 PM
    I would get a second opinion on that. And dig through the Z10 forum. Much talk about it.
    03-01-13 07:32 AM
    You can transfer data via BlackBerry Link, but if everything is in the cloud (google/gmail) all you have to do is add your account to the Z10 and you will get your calendar, contacts, and emails.
    03-01-13 07:35 AM
    Thanks...that was my thought....if all your data is sitting on gmail/calander/contacts then it should just sync down to the new z10
    03-01-13 07:44 AM
    Blackberry Link failed to transfer my contacts from my old device (9900) to the Z10. Wonder how Blackberry dropped the ball on this one. I had to export my outlook contacts as .csv, import to Gmail and then sync.
    03-01-13 09:44 AM
    Blackberry Link failed to transfer my contacts from my old device (9900) to the Z10. Wonder how Blackberry dropped the ball on this one. I had to export my outlook contacts as .csv, import to Gmail and then sync.
    Same thing happened to me. Failed to transfer contacts, failed on most of my music too. Spent an hour transferring the contacts all individually by blue tooth. It was annoying but a great excercise in getting rid of old useless contacts from years ago! Music is a different story. I still haven't figured the best way to accomplish this.
    03-01-13 10:47 AM
    First registere the device(Z10) using BB ID then it will be ok you can transfer any data. sync too
    08-16-13 08:50 AM
    I got all my contacts from gmail pretty easy. My phone is always in sync with Gmail so when I add a new contact it syncs to Gmail

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 09:30 AM