Hi,

I've had the new Z10 for 5 days and generally pleased. However, yesterday evening the news feed in the Facebook app failed with the message "unexpected error, please try later".

I've uninstalled and re-installed the app twice, battery pull etc but no joy.

Anyone else seeing this or any recommendations to resolve it please?

Thanks
    Spon
    02-16-13 07:01 AM
    I am having no errors, but...

My news feed has posts out of order and is missing a large percentage of them.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 07:19 AM
    I'm also having similar issues with Facebook. My time line will show posts that are several days old. I don't see any way to adjust the news feed settings to show most recent.

02-16-13 08:19 AM
    Thanks Dawn. Thought it was just me. Also could not find any settings.

Twis

02-16-13 08:34 AM
    go to Welcome to Facebook in any browser. In the top right there is an icon you can click to choose 'top posts' or 'recent posts'. Not sure why they disabled that in the app.
    Also, check Appworld there is a new version of FB to what came installed on device.
    02-16-13 08:37 AM
    My fb my z10 does the same thing. Even if you go to the welcome to fb page and change the settings, it still shows how time line out of order in the fb app.

I have the latest version from blackberry world.

I hope the next version fixes this.

02-16-13 11:46 AM
    Thanks to xdoomx, I now have my FB news feed back.

02-16-13 02:01 PM
    Feed came back without intervention but gone again today. I suspect it's a Facebug issue. Pain in the ****.

Thanks for the responses
    Spon
    02-17-13 08:13 AM
    I also hate the fact that it brings posts that are several days old to the top of the time line. I wonder if it's because someone commented on it or liked something which causes it to escalate to the top of the time line.
    02-17-13 08:17 AM
    I also hate the fact that it brings posts that are several days old to the top of the time line. I wonder if it's because someone commented on it or liked something which causes it to escalate to the top of the time line.
    Go to http://touch.facebook.com and click the sort icon in top right. This preference then carries through to your app. No idea why they didn't build this in but it's pretty clear that the BlackBerry App for fb is just a port of the website running as an app. Html5 yeah.. it will get better I presume but I think development on that is now down by FB and that's why you won't see any beta versions of the app go up for testing ever
    . Pure speculation but as a developer makes sense to me

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 11:28 PM
    update for facebook released this morning seems to have solved the news feed issue.
    02-17-13 11:44 PM