I was curious how much batter lify Z10 owners who don't switch from LTE to HSPA+ at any point in the day. I don't mean turning WIFI off and always using LTE, but just leaving the Network @ LTE even when WIFI is on. Does LTE vs HSPA+ make a huge difference when it comes to battery life? Are the speed differences worth it if you're mostly going to be browsing/streaming radio and sometimes video.
    02-15-13 07:24 PM
    I'm averaging 13 hours from 100% to 20% warning on mine. Brightness at ~30% and LTE Wifi Blue tooth all on .

I'm heavy on emails ~100 a day along with instant messenger. Maybe an hour of Facebook, Twitter, games but this is meant for work more than anything.

Other notes I never turn it off, or put it to sleep. Phone is charged well playing songza/slacker well sleeping.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-15-13 07:29 PM
    It makes a significant difference. I actually tested it today. I had 4g on all day and saw an incredible increase in battery life.

Try it out and see for yourself

02-15-13 07:31 PM
    Hey Josh thanks for the reply. What is your screen lock timeout set at if you don't mind me asking..
    02-15-13 07:33 PM
    I get 18 hours on 4G, screen at 40 timeout at 20. Big difference than from when I was on LTE. I work in a building all day so searching for an LTE signal may have had something to do with it.

RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-15-13 07:47 PM
    For me LTE is not worth the battery drain. Over H+ or WiFi I can easily make it through the day (or 5-6 hours of gaming), whereas with LTE (4 bars) on I'm getting literally 3-4 hours of battery life assuming I just have it sitting in the holster. This might just be a problem with my device, but LTE definitely is not worth that battery life to me... It does not seem to make any difference whether I'm on LTE or H+ if I have WiFi connectivity though.

02-15-13 08:24 PM
    For me LTE is on all day ,BT headset , some emails per day ,some phone calls ,some BBM or text .Phone goes on at 7am ,I turn it off at 10pm .Most days 45% left .I do surf the web a bit at lunch .
    No games or streaming music .
    02-15-13 08:31 PM
    I can kill my z10 in 5 hours with lte on.

02-15-13 09:30 PM
    I get about 10 hours on lte. but i think real life is closer to 8-10

My lte is usually 2-3 bars

Last edited by bluetroll; 02-15-13 at 09:54 PM.
    02-15-13 09:39 PM
    Perhaps, a spare battery, or the nifty official battery-charger bundle, will help you on your LTE journey.
    Maybe a third party ( or official) extended battery will come out in the future ( who knows).
    Though, if you can wait, you can get the Q10 which will have an slightly bigger battery.
    Those with Z10s may have live with 3G ( I do) and dim the screen slightly for optimum battery life.
    02-15-13 09:47 PM
    I leave my lte on all day every day, heavy phone user and I get about 8 hours on average, picking up the extra battery thing next week when I get a chance, had the same thing for my 9900.

02-15-13 09:49 PM
    Hey Josh thanks for the reply. What is your screen lock timeout set at if you don't mind me asking..
    Currently timeout is set to 1 min. (60 seconds). I had it lower for some time (20 seconds) but got sick of swiping up every few seconds when the email blasts would occur.

02-15-13 09:54 PM
    I leave my lte on all day every day, heavy phone user and I get about 8 hours on average, picking up the extra battery thing next week when I get a chance, had the same thing for my 9900.

Good on you! I've heard those battery chargers are really popular!
    Bye for now!
    02-15-13 10:05 PM
    Maybe a third party ( or official) extended battery will come out in the future ( who knows).
    I would be extremely surprised if a larger battery option is not produced by at least a 3rd-party company. Unlike the iPhone, the design of the Z10 makes that possible.

Though, if you can wait, you can get the Q10 which will have an slightly bigger battery.
    Not only does the Q10 have a significantly larger battery (2100 mAh compared to 1800 mAh in the Z10), the screen is much smaller and the resolution is less which takes less energy for the display chip to drive. I'd expect the battery life on the Q10 to be dramatically better than the Z10.
    SpiralBorg likes this.
    02-16-13 02:55 AM
    I left home today with a full charge and spent the whole day in LTE coverage. Did numerous messages, pics, browsing, navigating, played some music, pretty much using it a lot, most cuz of the novelty I'll admit.

Around 6 it was at about a third left so I put it on the charger plug. Got a full day from it.

02-16-13 03:06 AM
    I left home today with a full charge and spent the whole day in LTE coverage. Did numerous messages, pics, browsing, navigating, played some music, pretty much using it a lot, most cuz of the novelty I'll admit.

Around 6 it was at about a third left so I put it on the charger plug. Got a full day from it.

Awesome! I have a Z10 and honestly, it did better in battery performance than I expected. I really thought the battery would be horrible, but turned out to be very-decent.
    02-16-13 03:11 AM
    again. great news, love to hear it. I thought it was going to be good, at least decent.
    SpiralBorg likes this.
    02-16-13 03:17 AM
    again. great news, love to hear it. I thought it was going to be good, at least decent.
    Excellent in your part! Hope your enjoying your Z10!
    02-16-13 03:19 AM
    I don't know how some of you are managing to get 13 to 15 hours on LTE and all the other things because I honestly cannot get more than about 8 hours on mine if I have it on LTE and that is with VERY light usage
    02-16-13 03:21 AM
    I don't know how some of you are managing to get 13 to 15 hours on LTE and all the other things because I honestly cannot get more than about 8 hours on mine if I have it on LTE and that is with VERY light usage
    Remember that if you are in a weak signal area, and that means in a well-shielded building or poor geographical coverage area, or if WiFi is enabled if you do not have a strong WiFi signal or there are lots of other competing WiFi signals, this can severely impact battery life as it forces the radio to constantly stay on, searching for a connectable signal.
    02-16-13 03:29 AM
    My battery drain with LTE was also significantly increased. I guess it is also because of searching for the network if I happen to leave an LTE zone.

I have let it on H+ and can get through a day. In addition my call quality and reception with H+ is also dramatically better. I cannot think of a time I went below 4 bars with H+, constantly at 5.

02-16-13 05:58 AM
    So after doing the software update I'm getting amazing battery life, upwards of 16 hours or regular use. Rite now my phone is at 10% however I haven't charged the phone for over 24 hours!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 03:43 PM
    On lte full time in NYC. Bluetooth is on as well. All other settings are standard except nfc is off. i easily get form 16 to 18 hours till it gets to 15%
    03-09-13 06:49 PM