After a long wait I upgraded to a z10
    To my utter surprise, after five hours, I concluded that I could not do a trusty wired (usb) sync with MS Outlook. As I rely on this funtion on my Bold 9000, I took my new Z10 back. I loved the Z10 interface, but without the wired sync it was useless to me. When BB fixes this issue, assuming they do, I will once again be in interested in the z10 or Q10. So sad
    harryon likes this.
    02-15-13 12:59 PM
    With everything that's been said on these forums about this very issue I am surprised you bought it...... Unless, you only came to the forums to ***** but not to read up on the OS in the first place. People like you kill me. You got nothing to offer!Go buy an iPhone and go back to the basement.
    Great first post
    just_luc and BoldtotheMax like this.
    02-15-13 01:09 PM
    Just because it is on this forum. Doesn't mean he has seen it.

From the sounds of it, you will be back with a Z10 soon.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-15-13 01:24 PM
    OP, your choice is yours to make. If you want to return the z10, then so be it. We really don't need to be informed of it though.. I'm likely going to go to the bathroom later.. did you want me to update you on that?

That said..if you are interested in finding a solution to fill your need rather then just complain about the fact that it doesn't do something it was never intended to do then the crackberry nation is here to help you.. outlook can be synced very easily with gmail using a 3rd party connector called sync2 at which point gmail will in turn sync said data down to your new Z10.. it's all the benefits of the old outlook sync without the hassle of the USB cable.. there is also another program that supposed to be out soon called companion link that will wireless sync outlook to your z10 locally over your personal wifi for those who fear the cloud. Gmail would be my preference, and it will sync within minutes anywhere in the world.. companion link limits you to being at home/office like you used to do with the USB sync, but it still saves you from actually having to plug it in!
    02-15-13 02:01 PM
    I am amazed how may people still want to sync to an offline Outlook account these days.
    MattUK likes this.
    02-15-13 02:16 PM
    To my utter surprise, after five hours, I concluded that I could not do a trusty wired (usb) sync with MS Outlook. As I rely on this funtion on my Bold 9000, I took my new Z10 back. I loved the Z10 interface, but without the wired sync it was useless to me. When BB fixes this issue, assuming they do, I will once again be in interested in the z10 or Q10. So sad
    So, syncing your contacts to either a Gmail or Outlook.com account wasn't an acceptable alternative?
    02-15-13 02:27 PM
    Nothing like reading up to see if it would do the very most important thing for you....

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    02-15-13 02:31 PM
    WOW another person who can't say anything positive. Do you really think that all the users here really care if you need to return it??????
    02-15-13 02:41 PM
    WOW another person who can't say anything positive. Do you really think that all the users here really care if you need to return it??????
    Maybe he's trying to warn others who may be affected by the same issue. Personally, I don't care about Outlook syncing, but it's obvious there are people who do. And if a device doesn't meet their needs ...
    aniym and harryon like this.
    02-15-13 02:45 PM
    Great first post
    harryon likes this.
    02-15-13 02:46 PM
    Three methods I’ve found so far (but have not tried the first two myself).

1) This app I was speaking of. Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software
    2) This slightly complicated way of doing it free. How to sync Outlook information with Blackberry Z10 | Geek Squad
    3) What we do… Office 365 for $5/mo. Plans & pricing
    Scougar and RubberChicken76 like this.
    02-15-13 02:53 PM
    I am finding it increasingly funny that people find the time to sign up and post they are returing the phone, but don't have the time to sign up and post if there was a way to solve their problem, after they signed up and spent so much effort to go get the device in the first place .......

T....R.....O....L....L
    02-15-13 02:53 PM
    Didn't read up on the device: check.
    Gave up on the device with little research: check.
    Decided to join crackberry to make ONE "I quit" troll post: check.

You know this is a community - you could have researched or asked a question here and received an expedited response. This isn't a soundboard for you to bemoan your own shortcomings on.

-Chris-
    02-15-13 02:57 PM
    Definitely Troll,

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 02:59 PM
    I got out of the stone age in 1998 and been cloud based ever since. When I add a contact, it's added automatically on all my devices. That's how it should be

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 03:11 PM
    Thanks everyone,
    I had hoped that my post would elicit some helpful replies and insights.
    I guess I didn't do my research about crackberry members either.
    My mistake.
    02-26-13 08:16 PM
    In my opinion, if you were truly looking for assistance or advice you wouldn't have put up such a negative thread title. Methinks you're just yet another person wanting to keep negative slanted thread titles among the first viewed when entering this social space.

Btw, I just typed that paragraph faster than I have ever typed with a phone's keyboard in my life. I love this Z10!

Posted via CB10
    xamdam likes this.
    02-26-13 08:24 PM
    Sync to Outlook is coming to BlackBerry Link:

http://m.crackberry.com/outlook-usb-...lackberry-link

Posted via CB10
    xamdam likes this.
    02-26-13 08:28 PM
    Boy oh boy how some people always seem to amaze me.

Thks for stopping by hope you don't return cause it's people like you that forever will bash crackberry users and blackberry owners.

Oh by the way why not setup outlook email = Hotmail now as Hotmail is now outlook and active sync the email like 90% of us are doing and if you not understand what I just said then your not wise enough to own a z10.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    02-26-13 09:11 PM
    This has been confirmed by someone a BlackBerry per another thread in this forum. The absence of synchronization from the outset seems odd but then BlackBerry has reduced functionality of most aspects of their smartphones with which we are familiar. You'd thinmk with 2 years of development time they could have gotten it right...wasn't that the reason Thorsten gave when he announced the delayed release of the BlackBerry Z10 last summer/autumn?
    02-26-13 09:49 PM
    I used to think like you OP, then I read so much about Outlook com. Everyone is right, it is a far better way to go than syncing over USB.

Posted via CB10
    jamesbondOO7 and Neely2005 like this.
    02-26-13 10:05 PM
    Thanks everyone,
    I had hoped that my post would elicit some helpful replies and insights.
    I guess I didn't do my research about crackberry members either.
    My mistake.
    How could we possibly help when all you said is you are taking it back because it wont sync to Outlook. If you don't have a Z10 we can't help... and you didn't mention why you needed Outlook sync in the first place. What the **** are you syncing? Everything is done wirelessly...
    02-26-13 10:44 PM
    I was very vocal at first about no BIS and lack of outlook sync on desktop. Well I have converted all accounts to either IMAP push or EAS. This includes outlook.com which is simply amazing and syncs everything.

Set this up on Z10, PlayBook and desktop and simply love it and would never go back. Love having all devices fully synced including the sent folder. That way no matter what device I have all sent messages. I often need to refer back to emails that I have sent. I used to have to cc myself to have a copy on all devices. Love knowing what emails I have read and delete only once.

I was reluctant to change but glad I persevered. It took a fair bit to get all configured but I never look back and no regrets switching to the new way.

At least for me I no longer pine for outlook sync to desktop and when it comes in link I personally will not require it as I have moved on to what for me is a better way.

Z10 + PB 64GB = Keeping Moving. Posted using CB10 App
    02-27-13 12:35 AM
    Like all of you I find these posts amusing. Even if the OP was to say Google the outlook sync issue on the z10... 9 times out of 10 it'll pull all the CrackBerry links regarding this topic. So there really no excuse IMO for the poster to start such a thread.
    Last edited by lynxs_claw; 02-28-13 at 05:43 PM.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    02-27-13 12:47 AM
    LOL... you didn't do your research, did you?
    02-27-13 01:02 AM
27 12