02-15-13 11:37 AM
    THAT is awesome.

Indian's drink A LOT of tea so this is a great way to get the word out
    02-15-13 11:46 AM
    That is the coolest (or hotest) invitation ever!
    02-15-13 11:47 AM
    That is awesome!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 11:52 AM
    Out of the Box (Cup) thinking... great !!!!!!!!!!!
    02-15-13 01:07 PM
    Simply Brilliant. I have said it before and I will say it again, old Franky boy really gets it. Smart high level marketing.
    02-15-13 01:26 PM
    I want one of those coffee cups. Ok Crackberry order up a few thousand to sell on your site.
    02-15-13 03:11 PM
    A good start to the marketing campaign I suppose. I am waiting to see how they use their celebrity 'brand ambassador'. The problem I see is selling the Z10, in India, at the price I think it will go for.
    02-15-13 03:21 PM
    good idea!
    02-15-13 03:38 PM
    So creative! Love it! I wish I had one of those mugs. :-)
    02-15-13 05:18 PM
    this targeted marketing makes me wonder if blackberry will include something for americans when it comes time to launch there... perhaps AR-15 shaped styluses?
    02-15-13 05:30 PM
    A good start to the marketing campaign I suppose. I am waiting to see how they use their celebrity 'brand ambassador'. The problem I see is selling the Z10, in India, at the price I think it will go for.
    There's a % of Indians that are weathy enough to afford this phone. If your Pool is 1billion and your % is 5 thats small but still 50,000,000 million.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-15-13 09:19 PM
    I'm reading some channels report a Feb. 25 release, while others report a Feb. 25 launch with release following a few weeks later.

Anyone know anything more definitive? I hope not the latter seeing as how BBRY already pissed off the US, and would be crazy to add India to cluster^&%
    02-15-13 11:30 PM
    There's a % of Indians that are weathy enough to afford this phone. If your Pool is 1billion and your % is 5 thats small but still 50,000,000 million.
    Perhaps the mug is a touch that will help upsell the device. Could be. Then how they discriminate who this phone is for, compared to the pool, with the marketing campaign is the interesting part.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 02-16-13 at 10:25 PM.
    02-16-13 08:07 AM
    Of course, India has a fairly big upper-middle class (absolute terms, not relative to the overall population) but these groups tend to follow Western tastes and are more likely to use Apple or Samsung products, and care more about apps than the average Indian BB user.
    02-16-13 02:07 PM
    I also think that people in India are more concerned about their privacy than the average American though. They're not a very trusting population...I've spent some time there
    02-16-13 06:09 PM
    Of course, India has a fairly big upper-middle class (absolute terms, not relative to the overall population) but these groups tend to follow Western tastes and are more likely to use Apple or Samsung products, and care more about apps than the average Indian BB user.
    Yes, but apps like urbanspoon or netflix have less value there, so the app gap is considerably smaller in that respect. And as for following western tastes, you're right, but i'm not sure how popular the iphone actually is over there. Or the galaxy line for that matter. Sammy has a huge market share, but its mainly lower end phones, not the high end S3's and Notes.

Im pretty sure that Blackberry has a bigger mindshare when it comes to smartphones in the indian market then either apple or samsung. It's kinda like how it was here prior to the iphone blowing up. BB's were considered premium devices, even if you only had min-tier devices like the curve. And dont forget, BBM is HUGE selling point there, unlike in the current western market, so that will be a big boost to BB.
    02-16-13 09:55 PM
    I think I recommended this in another thread, but if you wanted to work somewhere good, try marketing for BlackBerry in India -- their North American & European marketing departments are horrid.
    02-16-13 10:26 PM
    Yes, but apps like urbanspoon or netflix have less value there, so the app gap is considerably smaller in that respect. And as for following western tastes, you're right, but i'm not sure how popular the iphone actually is over there. Or the galaxy line for that matter. Sammy has a huge market share, but its mainly lower end phones, not the high end S3's and Notes.
    Not those apps but people use Instagram and WhatsApp a lot. Also Google Maps but that can be sideloaded I hear.. Samsung sells lots of low end Androids but also S2, S3 and Note 2 (no Nexus here). Apple is less popular because they are not VFM at all and that's the problem Z10 will face. Cricketers, Politicians, media guys will pick up a BB10 but Is it VFM for us young middle class people? BIS made sense because that allowed unlimited 3G. Now it is just like a high end Android with less apps.. Z10 also has to compete with very low priced but feature rich Androids like Micromax Canvas HD

We will see the power of BBM as that will be the key thing that will sell the phone to non-celebrities. But then I am doing not too badly with WhatsApp
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-16-13 10:34 PM
    I also think that people in India are more concerned about their privacy than the average American though. They're not a very trusting population...I've spent some time there
    The Indian government has been monitoring BB communications since at least 2011.

http://www.slashgear.com/blackberry-...ghts-28191688/

The deadline for all carriers in the country to comply with the government's snooping policies was December 31, 2012.

http://www.zdnet.com/in/indian-opera...ng-7000007075/

In terms of privacy related to app permissions, I don't really know.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD
    02-17-13 08:29 AM