Not sure if there is a post for this already, but if someone could help me out it would be great. I set up my z10 to sync with my Hotmail and my calendar and emails worked fine, but I'm having issues with the contacts. My contacts from Hotmail sync to my phone but my phone contacts don't sync to my Hotmail. It's been 24 hours since I tried and nothing works. I have the option to sync turned on in my settings for accounts but still nothing. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by spoonman9696; 02-15-13 at 09:54 AM.
    02-15-13 09:29 AM
    Unless I'm misunderstanding your question: Your phone contacts (Local) are not *supposed* to sync to Hotmail. If you want to merge them together (*not* link), then you need to export them from wherever they came from (old BlackBerry?) and import them into Hotmail. Then, your Hotmail account will have all your contacts. Once you can confirm that everything is in Hotmail, you can delete the "Local" contacts from your BlackBerry. Make sure to set your "Hotmail" contacts as the default and not to use "Local" contacts anymore.

Is this what you're looking for?
    02-16-13 12:33 AM
    b320, is there a way to delete all "local" contacts in one step rather than one-by-one?
    02-16-13 05:30 AM
    b320, is there a way to delete all "local" contacts in one step rather than one-by-one?
    Yes, there is. In the. Contacts app, drag from left to right and select Local. Then, invoke the contextual menu by pressing and holding on one of the contact items. A menu will slide out from left to right. Tap "Select More" and then tap on each contact item. Once all the items are selected, tap Delete in the contextual menu.
    ErnieH likes this.
    02-16-13 08:44 AM
    Yes, there is. In the. Contacts app, drag from left to right and select Local. Then, invoke the contextual menu by pressing and holding on one of the contact items. A menu will slide out from left to right. Tap "Select More" and then tap on each contact item. Once all the items are selected, tap Delete in the contextual menu.
    Thanks but I don't have a "Local" address book. Three are listed: All, Favorites and Outlook.com. I assume that "All" includes both Local and Outlook. Looks like I'd have to go through them one-by-one and view "Links" to see which address book they are posted in. That's tough with 900+ addresses
    02-16-13 05:01 PM
    Thanks but I don't have a "Local" address book. Three are listed: All, Favorites and Outlook.com. I assume that "All" includes both Local and Outlook. Looks like I'd have to go through them one-by-one and view "Links" to see which address book they are posted in. That's tough with 900+ addresses
    Remove the Outlook account through the Accounts section of the Settings app. That should remove the synced contacts from the BlackBerry 10 device only. Follow the steps posted earlier to delete local contacts. Re-add the EAS account for Outlook.com and your contacts should get reloaded.
    ErnieH likes this.
    02-16-13 06:55 PM
    Make sure to set your "Hotmail" contacts as the default and not to use "Local" contacts anymore.
    Is there a way to do this in settings? I only saw default accounts for email and calendar.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 07:13 PM
    Is there a way to do this in settings? I only saw default accounts for email and calendars.
    Apparently, there isn't a setting for contacts like that. Turning off any other Contacts sources should achieve much the same thing.
    02-16-13 08:27 PM
    Remove the Outlook account through the Accounts section of the Settings app. That should remove the synced contacts from the BlackBerry 10 device only. Follow the steps posted earlier to delete local contacts. Re-add the EAS account for Outlook.com and your contacts should get reloaded.
    It was a slow, tedious job to delete all the Local contacts, but it worked just as you said it would. Thank you.

One issue remains: when I add a new contact it is linked to both Local and Outlook. Unless I remember to manually unlink each new contact, changes from Outlook.com don't sync down to my Z10. Is there any way around this pesky local account linking?
    02-17-13 03:01 AM
    It was a slow, tedious job to delete all the Local contacts, but it worked just as you said it would. Thank you.

One issue remains: when I add a new contact it is linked to both Local and Outlook. Unless I remember to manually unlink each new contact, changes from Outlook.com don't sync down to my Z10. Is there any way around this pesky local account linking?
    That does sound pesky. The key would be to remove the Local contacts database. I'm not sure how to get that done. What happens for you hide it in the settings section of the Contacts app?
    02-17-13 03:23 AM
    The only account enabled in my Contacts/Settings is Outlook. I can't find any controls to disable or hide Local Contacts. Pesky indeed!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 04:26 AM
    The only account enabled in my Contacts/Settings is Outlook. I can't find any controls to disable or hide Local Contacts. Pesky indeed!

Posted via CB10
    When you create new contacts where do they go?
    02-17-13 12:47 PM
    When I check Links, the contact created on my Z10 appears on both Outlook and Local. When I edit the contact in Outlook the changes don't appear on my Z10 unless I unlink from Local.

Update: after a ~24 hour wait, outlook.com started sending updated contact edits to my Z10. And now it seems to be virtually instant. I have no idea if the choke point was at outlook.com or in BB10. But at least for now it works.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ErnieH; 02-18-13 at 04:41 AM.
    02-17-13 01:37 PM
    When I check Links, the contact created on my Z10 appears on both Outlook and Local. When I edit the contact in Outlook the changes don't appear on my Z10 unless I unlink from Local.

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying that when you create a new contact, it gets created both in Local and in your Outlook-synced lists?
    02-17-13 01:59 PM
    Exactly. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 02:21 PM
    Oh man. This whole linking of phone contacts thing has been driving me insane. A lot of my contacts got linked to SIM contacts and local contacts and my outlook.com contacts. It was creating a mess for some reason with updates being done to local contacts and then not syncing with my outlook.com contacts. Was losing my mind chasing it down. So, I'm now on the path to cleaning it all up leaving only the outlook.com contacts on my phone as "the one" set of contacts. Ugh. Hopefully my sanity returns soon...
    02-22-13 08:54 PM
    Ernie, I am experiencing the same thing. Were you able to get outlook.com to sync contact changes to your device?
    02-28-13 05:43 PM
    Salex, I'm not sure. Transfer to Z10 and Outlook.com has messed up my Contacts somewhat. But if I create a new contact on my Z10 it does sync to outlook.com properly. During this whole process I seem to have lost a few contacts and have lost fields that were not mapped to corresponding fields in outlook.com. I've also lost all of my contact photos.

I gave up trying this week and will just wait for BlackBerry to release an update that lets Link sync with Outlook directly. Gotta say that Contacts and Calendar transfer and syncing has been the one huge disappointment in this otherwise delightful switch to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ErnieH; 03-01-13 at 08:08 PM.
    03-01-13 06:04 PM