Hi, I'm having problem with my bold 9790. It keeps rebooting all the time especially when opening apps that need internet usage, snap a pic using camera with flash and my battry life getting shorter all the time. Can't even do work without put my charger on. So can anybody help me to find solutions and care to share u guys experience? Thanks!
    02-15-13 04:27 AM
    Hi,
    The best way is to update the software and try it !!
    02-15-13 05:21 AM
    Hi,
    The best way is to update the software and try it !!
    Tried update OS and all kind of updates. Still not working. I wonder is this a hardware problem or a software problem? Its just unacceptable my device just reboot randomly all the time. Please help me with a good and more better solution...
    02-15-13 05:26 AM
    Try a new battery.
    02-15-13 05:39 AM
    I'm using the original battery. Does current ori batt can broke down? Any other solutions?? Really bugging me especially if I'm doing my work, sending emails, chats,open social media apps and even web browsing. Also taking pic from the camera. Just keeps on rebooting all the time.
    02-15-13 07:18 AM
    That's where I would start. Maybe your carrier has one you can try to see if it is the battery.
    02-15-13 08:39 AM
    Any other possibalities other than battery issue?
    02-15-13 09:09 AM
    I'm sure there are several but why not start with the easiest one first instead of deleting apps and going thru all that to find out its hour battery? How long have you had the phone? A couple years? Been charged and discharged a lot? Probably time for a new battery but do what you want.
    02-15-13 09:14 AM
    Aight will try do the battery thing.. Had the device about a year. Didn't realize about charging tho, but normally full in the morning b4 work, after lunch time batt indicator turns yellow or red warning depends on my usage and will charge for power coz really need my berry for work stuff. But now, just unstable keeps on warning low battery about 30mins of surfing the net. More worst keeps on rebooting madly even during opening apps that needs internet in 3G/2G mode n chats or snap a pic from camera. Anyway thanks for all ur feedbacks n other future replies/feedbacks/solutions are much appriciated!!
    02-15-13 09:57 AM
    And bad battery can cause all of that. I hope you don't have to buy one to check though. Hopefully you can one someone will let you test with.
    02-15-13 10:00 AM
    Ok! Thanks!
    02-15-13 11:06 AM
    This is gonna sound very stupid.

But i had the same problem and this fixed it. There's something wrong with the battery. I couldnt figure out what. Maybe a loose connection.

All I did was fold a bit of paper into a thick paper and kept it in a way as to keep the battery tight. Believe it or not, this worked and I'm getting over 20hrs of usage with the same original battery that came along with the device one year back.

Do try this and let me know if it worked.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and Dmitry Dementyev like this.
    02-16-13 01:03 PM
    well i have experienced this on my 9700 torch model the problem was not with battery , i had it tested with new but didnt fixed the problem tried many OS updating and stuff even the paper fold also.. but the damm device keeps rebooting all the time (eg)pictures and surfing web. i think its the hardware itself the main problem in this scenario.
    02-16-13 02:01 PM
    Will try few suggestion u all gave me. If all not working then hv to send to my carrier to claim my warranty. Claiming warranty tooks like weeks, that y asking options from u guys. Thanks for all feedbacks n keep in coming!!
    02-17-13 08:20 AM
    Hey guys, about putting abit of folder paper rebooting prob didn't happen anymore and battery life is back as normal. There's no locigal explaination for that but I will try figureout what other problem with the device. I do believe putting a small folded paper will not get a long term solution for it. Thanks for the recommendation guys!
    02-18-13 07:44 AM
    Hey guys, about putting abit of folder paper rebooting prob didn't happen anymore and battery life is back as normal. There's no locigal explaination for that but I will try figureout what other problem with the device. I do believe putting a small folded paper will not get a long term solution for it. Thanks for the recommendation guys!
    Even I am baffled to see this working. i haven't had any issue after placing that bit of paper. i get good battery life now. I'm planning to get a mugen battery as I have a feeling still that this error I had previously was because of bad battery. No logical explanation yet.
    02-19-13 12:36 AM

yeah!! this prob sucks big time!! i just want it to survive for a short 5 mins when i am selling the phone and when the person is inspecting!!!!

but the paper does work!! WTH!!! its the connection prob!! sigh....
    kivarose likes this.
    02-19-13 12:55 AM
    you are a genius!!!!! I have been having this problem with my BB forever and I was getting sooooooo frustrated. Last night it kept restarting constantly and the only way to stop it was to keep it plugged into the charger. I started to google and seen your paper idea. I put the paper in last night at approx. 10pm and it is 10:08am right now and I still have battery life. I don't know how you came across this idea but thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-23-13 09:10 AM
    you are a genius!!!!! I have been having this problem with my BB forever and I was getting sooooooo frustrated. Last night it kept restarting constantly and the only way to stop it was to keep it plugged into the charger. I started to google and seen your paper idea. I put the paper in last night at approx. 10pm and it is 10:08am right now and I still have battery life. I don't know how you came across this idea but thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're welcome.
    02-24-13 12:09 PM
    Ended up buying a new battery. A lot of threads about other blackberry phones addresses this same issue. According to them, the issue is resolved by replacing the battery. So I shelled out INR 2500 ($50) and bought a new OEM battery. *fingers crossed* Will update after at least three days of testing.
    03-02-13 01:02 PM
    Even a new OEM battery did not help. I have sent my phone for warranty claim. *fingers crossed coz I doubt a water clog* :P
    03-04-13 08:38 AM
    My device is coming back from the Blackberry centre tomorrow after the warranty claim. They said they have fixed everything. Also they have changed the touchscreen, since I had issues with it recognizing touch feedback without me touching it at all. I'm hoping that everything is fixed. Will update tomorrow after I get it in hand.
    03-14-13 12:13 PM
    Seriously i bought Bold 9790 and was facing this reboot problem. went back to the shop where i bought it and even accused them of selling substandard Blackberry phones. I ended up buying a new battery but that did NOT solve the Problem. I then flashed the phone more than 2 times still it didnt work(Wipe off). As a last resort i google and found this papper Magic and thank God ma Phone has stopped rebooting.
    04-23-13 09:42 AM
    i've had the reboot problem going on for about 3weeks. I took the phone to a repairer and got it fixed....He said something about the i/o or i/u can't really remember. I was happy for 4days then it started rebooting itself again. My phone has been working perfectly since i tried the "paper method". I hope it stays this way for a long while.

Thanks for it has really helped.
    04-29-13 07:05 AM
    My logic is even when the phone is on charging & a loose connection occurs the phone has to blank out the screen and reboot all over again right?

Where do i place the paper? Obviously no place on all 4 sides so has to be exactly on top of the battery right? Where the JM-1 has been printed over that i mean.
    05-11-13 08:02 AM
42 12