Why does bb10 have so many missing apps that I had on my bb7 like online banking app rbc, poynt the list goes on screen muncher.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 09:06 PM
    Why does bb10 have so many missing apps that I had on my bb7 like online banking app rbc, poynt the list goes on screen muncher.

You have to contact the banks for that info. The Banks are the ones making the apps. It depends on the developers if they want to make the app. You can contact them & see what they say.
    02-14-13 09:08 PM
    Screen myncher isn't really needed...press and hold the up and down volume keys to do a screen grab.
    02-14-13 09:14 PM
    I'm def waiting for the Rbc banking app as well
    02-14-13 09:14 PM
    Its the developers being slow to update their apps to work with. BB10
    02-14-13 09:24 PM
    BB10 is not just a new phone, it's a totally new operating system. While some developers were willing to jump in and take a gamble on it, making their apps available from the launch, others weren't. There are many reasons, some of which include not wanting to expend resources making apps for a platform they weren't sure would be around for long, not having the resources to develop new apps or port their existing apps (maybe their developers are busy on other projects), ignorance about the entire situation, etc etc etc.

BB10 hasn't even been on the market a month. Apps will come, be patient. When iOS launched it didn't have apps either, now look where the Apple app store is. Give it some time. Reach out to the developers of the apps you want and express your desire to have their app on your phone. Support developers that have already made their apps available for us by downloading or purchasing their apps and leaving reviews/feedback.
    Bla1ze, rjedge54, SDTRMG and 2 others like this.
    02-14-13 09:25 PM
    BB10 is not just a new phone, it's a totally new operating system. While some developers were willing to jump in and take a gamble on it, making their apps available from the launch, others weren't. There are many reasons, some of which include not wanting to expend resources making apps for a platform they weren't sure would be around for long, not having the resources to develop new apps or port their existing apps (maybe their developers are busy on other projects), ignorance about the entire situation, etc etc etc.

BB10 hasn't even been on the market a month. Apps will come, be patient. When iOS launched it didn't have apps either, now look where the Apple app store is. Give it some time. Reach out to the developers of the apps you want and express your desire to have their app on your phone. Support developers that have already made their apps available for us by downloading or purchasing their apps and leaving reviews/feedback.
    Yes but so many people will complain that we are in 2013 & the developers should have made the apps before hand. Honestly tho many people do not understand that it takes time & the developers want to see more action before making the app.
    SDTRMG and Ansovald like this.
    02-14-13 09:38 PM
    Yes but so many people will complain that we are in 2013 & the developers should have made the apps before hand. Honestly tho many people do not understand that it takes time & the developers want to see more action before making the app.
    If only more people understood that. I cannot understand people hating on BBRY for not having their favorite apps as if that is BB's fault. I have sideloaded a few that I need and am content to wait for the rest.
    Last edited by KemKev; 02-16-13 at 07:03 PM.
    SDTRMG and Ansovald like this.
    02-14-13 10:01 PM
    Well It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that popular apps are where it's at and people will buy a device if they have the latest, popular apps around. Everyone that sees my new phone love it and 90% of them asked me if it had Instagram. I have to tell them that "It's Coming Soon". Sucks but I think developers need to open their eyes and understand this concept.

02-14-13 10:18 PM

Banish you and your logic!!

02-14-13 10:25 PM
    Banish you and your logic!!

There are no apps because some of these developers thought or think the BB was going to die. It's the field of dreams... if you buy it, they will come. It's not logic, it's a fact.
    02-14-13 10:37 PM
    Waiting for rbc banking app too but I'm sure it's coming I'm not stressing. The apps are coming, can't expect everything to be there at launch but from what I can tell this is a very developer friendly os and I think this is going to be a very popular platform the apps will come, can't expect everyone to make all the apps before launch if you support the platform by buying into it the apps will come. If nobody buys it because there's no apps nobody is going to make apps for a slow selling phone.

02-14-13 10:39 PM
    USAA app is a must have.

@billydasco
    02-14-13 11:07 PM
    People who are saying "Ask the developers, not BlackBerry 's fault " are wrong.

BlackBerry is in a fight for life position right now. They cannot let these apps take too long to appear.

By the way, where is my BBM Music, BlackBerry? I am paying 5 dollars a month for a service I don't have on my phone yet.

02-14-13 11:15 PM
    Companies that make the biggest, most popular apps are not in the business of apps. Take the banks for example: they're banks not software companies. They don't sell apps, they make apps to satisfy their customers. So they go where their customers are. When BB has only 6% market share in NA, their customers aren't here. Developing these apps costs time and money, so businesses have to calculate a return on their investment. Banking apps in particular are expensive because their are interactive client-server apps with incredibly high security standards.

Where BB felt the apps were critical, like Facebook, they took it upon themselves to develop it. Facebook didn't want to be bothered, and so BlackBerry developed it, and it shows. The BB10 Facebook app has fewer features than the iOS version for example, and it keeps serving up wall posts I made days ago for no reason.

If and when BB10 starts to sell the big guys will come over, especially given they can get version 1.0 out of the way with an Android port, see if they get demand, then build the native app.
    02-14-13 11:23 PM
    Why is the Blackberry News App not here!?

Doesn't that belong to BB?

It was formerly my most used App...seems awfully odd for BB to not have it ready!
    02-14-13 11:26 PM
    Exactly and it's on us to support the platform to make it appeal to the app developers. I know when I invest my money its not to the lowest common denomonator.

02-14-13 11:29 PM
    So what do you suggest that BlackBerry do? The Developers of these apps own the code. BlackBerry can neither force them to port or re-write the apps for BB10 nor can BlackBerry create the apps themselves. No other mobile device manufacturer has gone to the lengths and expense that BlackBerry has to woo devs to the BB 10 platform. What more would you have them do?
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-15-13 12:21 AM
    That's what I'm saying it's all on us to make it a popular platform that makes it look like it's viable t develop apps for.

02-15-13 12:23 AM
    I agree. While BB was waiting to make it's hardware they had over 500 days to coddle important app makers. Instead there's crap.

I'd rather have a decent easy to use android app sideloader and the Jelly bean version of the android emulator. That'd make me happy.

However, I did notice that lots of services have great mobile sites that behave like apps. Just go to a home page, like paybyphone and drop a homescreen link and voila. Sort of an app.
    02-15-13 01:56 AM
    Because the phone just came out Einstein.
    02-15-13 02:21 AM
    Poynt was rumored to have gone out of business. For BlackBerry products, Poynt is available for BlackBerry PlayBook and legacy BlackBerry OS 7.x and lower. There is no BlackBerry 10 version because Poynt ceased development sometime last Fall. However, the official web site states "come back soon to see the new poynt." See:
    http://www.poynt.com/

Please do not expect Poynt for BlackBerry 10 to appear anytime soon.
    02-15-13 02:26 AM
    And yet my bank USAA , has a Blackberry app for legacy devices ...Just saying ..
    02-26-13 05:21 PM
    Because the phone just came out Einstein.
    Yes, it just came out Newton

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 05:25 PM
    All the apps is coming when BB launch the sequel, called Z10S , same time next year

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 06:20 PM
26 12