So, i could not stand it any longer. I'll make this as quick as possible. Ordered Z10 from Canada guy (unlocked GSM). went to ATT and got month to month service and sim card (Im diehard VZ guy). Got phone and got it up and running. Forwarded my old phone number (not ported) to the new ATT number. Changed caller ID on ATT Z10 to look like my old phone number. Got email, data, etc up and running 4G....all is well. Except for my SMS txt messages. okay, now the question....can i forward TXT's to my old number to my new number? I want to just carry one phone. Carrying two is cramping my style. HELP!!
    02-14-13 07:00 PM
    bump....Anyone?
    02-14-13 07:29 PM
    To be honest, I don't think there is a way to unless people directly message you to your new number temporarily (until you get Verizon back up).

Why don't you just do it with Verizon though?

Edit: Does Verizon use other frequencies which the Z10 doesn't cover?
    02-14-13 07:36 PM
    There must be a text message forwarding service like Google voice. Google it

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 07:37 PM
    yeah, it was wild today. My VZ buddy (owns a VZ store) and I worked on it today for an hour. ATT stuff just wont mesh with VZ. there has got to be a way to do it....damnit, i bet apple has an app for that. (hush my mouth)
    02-14-13 07:55 PM
    You deserve a gift from the CB staff for being a super problem solver. BB could do a commercial about you called Tenacity.

I'm impressed.

Good luck with the texting issue.
    02-14-13 08:01 PM
    yeah, it was wild today. My VZ buddy (owns a VZ store) and I worked on it today for an hour. ATT stuff just wont mesh with VZ. there has got to be a way to do it....damnit, i bet apple has an app for that. (hush my mouth)
    No. Even with Google voice, people would need to text your Google number for it to forward texts. It won't forward texts from one number to another.
    02-14-13 08:03 PM
    Thanks adamssuds, Yeah, Kevin swears he is gonna get me a TShirt or Stickers or something. I am know by all my peeps as "Mr BlackBerry"....and yes, its been hard the last few years. But i am shouting it from the mtn tops right now. Z10 Baby! I got mine.

Anyway, on hold with ATT now. they cant change my Caller Id as i had planned...bummer. So now my only 2 hitches is that when i call someone it will be a STEALTH number with my name above it. #2 is the txt forwarding thingy. I love trying to beat the system. As the only thing i learned, that i use every day, at the University of TN is how to help the "system" to work for ME. Love it!
    02-14-13 08:26 PM
    How did you change your caller ID?
    02-14-13 09:34 PM
    I cant, they wont allow me to. Trying to find a workaround....
    02-14-13 09:45 PM
    I cant, they wont allow me to. Trying to find a workaround....
    Here is a workaround
    1. First, port your VZ number to Google Voice (it's free)
    2. Then, you can go to Google Voice settings and configure it to forward your text messages to a number of your choice.
    That should work for you.

Pro tip: You could even use google voice using your Z10 browser Don't know if Google Voice has an app for Z10 yet, but it works via browser and you can save google voice browser page as an icon on your home-screen. (see this: How to Add Bookmarks to BlackBerry 10′s Web Browser --- notice "add to home screen" button). Just make sure you select 'remember me' or 'keep me signed in'. This way, you won't have to login again and again to Google voice and you'd be able to launch it by clicking on an icon on home-screen. So, it'd work like an app eventhough it's a webpage.
    02-14-13 10:10 PM
    how hard will it be to port the number back to VZ in March when I go back to VZ....dont wanna lose anything
    02-14-13 10:21 PM
    how hard will it be to port the number back to VZ in March when I go back to VZ....dont wanna lose anything
    It's very easy to port your number back to VZ as far as I know.
    Port your number out of Google Voice - Google Voice Help
    02-14-13 10:44 PM