I looking for a case for my Z10 as the title states. What are some of your suggestions for top quality cases that aren't too expensive? I was thinking about one of this: Borderline

Has anyone had any experience with poetic or that could recommend them? Other suggestions are also welcomed. What do you have? Is it sturdy?
    02-14-13 05:13 PM
    looks like a nice stylish case, i may get one too as long as it not says verizon on it as i am with rogers and heck i don't want it to say anything on it.
    alysem likes this.
    02-14-13 05:27 PM
    I've always loved incipio cases.
    02-14-13 06:22 PM
    Casemate barely there case is really sleek and i also have the transform case
    dracolnyte and alysem like this.
    02-14-13 06:23 PM
    Just bought the. Micro fibre pouch case for 20$ Decided that I like the feel of the z10 naked in and too much for an actual case!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    alysem and samcully like this.
    02-14-13 06:25 PM
    I have the otter box defender which is awesome protection but I only use it at work. When not at work I use the case mate barely there. Also a great case, feels like two different phones when i switch from one another. Haha

alysem likes this.
    02-14-13 07:11 PM
    Do you have a link for the $20 micro fiber pouch?

02-14-13 07:20 PM
    Do you have a link for the $20 micro fiber pouch?

What he said! Thanks for the great ideas.
    02-15-13 12:46 PM
    I have always liked the leather full protection case. I have owned may Vaja cases ( top quality but expensive). Not many really nice ones out yet but I did see this case - mate Flip on there website.
    Looking for a case for my Z10-casemate.png
    02-16-13 10:48 AM
    I got the own transformer case and really like it. I also installed an isheild screen protector as soon as I Took it out of the box. Even though the transformer case came with a screen protector

02-16-13 11:16 AM
    I'm using a Case mate artistic series in rosewood...top notch quality. $40-45 on Amazon.

02-16-13 11:31 AM
    I just bought few different cases, just waiting them to arrive:

- Tech21 flip case
    - Case-Mate Barely There
    - BB officila flip case
    - Toughcase
    02-16-13 11:35 AM
    Tried to use my Z10 with only a screen protector. Did like not having a case. Bought the bb holster case today and took off the screen protector. Like it! Turns BlackBerry off in holster and wakes up when pulled out. Hopefully will improve the battery life.
    copperoak likes this.
    02-16-13 12:10 PM
    I wanted to like the Defender, but I really can't. Problems I have had...

- belt clip is fussy. If you don't line the phone up exactly square to the clip you'll think that it's firmly attached, only to see it bounce off the concrete as you walk away. Twice in four days for me... Good thing the box itself is rock solid...
    - bezel interferes with gestures significantly to the point that a game I've used on the PlayBook successfully required a reboot. Why? It went to landscape mode and had no button to quit or rotate. The bezel on the long edge refused to take a minimize swipe and I was essentially locked in. Even an upward swipe in portrait mode requires a firm run down the ramp of the bezel...sometimes more than once.
    - the magnet doesn't seem to control the phone on/off function. Maybe there is a setting I've missed, but it isn't working.

The case is solid and I would love to enjoy the protection it provides, but it significantly interferes with my ability to actually use the device. And if the design increases the chance of it hitting the ground, what is the point?

Until Otterbox revises this design to address these shortcomings I'll take my chances with a more simple case system - maybe the BlackBerry leather holster that was fine for my 9700 Bold.
    02-16-13 12:15 PM
    I Have the Otter box defender and I loveI dont have any of the problems you report with gestures..Just had to get used to it..Im a drywaller by trade so I need a good solid case..Otter box all the way
    02-16-13 12:28 PM
    Have a white blackberry flip case on my Z10 at the moment. Nice and light, but really want a cover that will latch closed just in case of any drops. At the moment the flip part could open up on any drops and expose the display to damage. Had a PDair leather case on my old Torch 9800 which protected it great on the few times I dropped it. So much so that it still looks like it's straight out of the box. Will wait to see what their cases for the Z10 are like and get one of those. Considered the Otterbox but I think it doesn't look great & is a little over the top unless you do some extreme things.
    02-16-13 12:38 PM
    TFB4ME - I can navigate between panels, but try the browser for example in landscape mode and try to minimize using the long edge bezel. I've managed it a couple of times but only with real pressure applied!

02-16-13 03:41 PM
    I've got a defender case and I have found it a bit of a hindrance for finger gestures, and the magnet in the clip doesn't put the phone into sleep mode like it should.
    That being said, the security of my phone overrides these small inconveniences. I love how safe my Z10 is now.

02-16-13 04:30 PM
    I've come to the conclusion that multiple cases are a must with this type of device; there is no single case that will 1) protect the edges, + 2) protect the screen, + 3) put it into standby to save the battery when not in use, + 4) fit reasonably into the average pocket (no hipster man bag for me, thanks), and + 5) very importantly, actually look stylish (including the BB logo/name). I would love to be able to fit a transparent 'gel-skinned' Z10 into a BB monogrammed leather pocket with magnet closure but there's no combination like that I can find.

So far my Z10 is in mainly in the BB leather holster, which would be close to 9/10 if it did not have a cutout exposing one vulnerable corner to the pavement, and thus it is only a 7/10, albeit very good quality with simply divine leather. The rest of the time my Zed is in a Telus non-branded transparent smoke-coloured gel skin, which is very good quality for $15, a perfect fit, and feels nice in the hand. I am also considering an Otterbox Defender type box for more rugged use -- certainly not for its looks.

To add, the BB leather sleeve is of poor quality hard leather, is very difficult to extract your Zed from without pushing at least three buttons and dropping it in the process, plus offers no drop protection on the whole top (and is pretty much the same price as the much higher quality BB holster).

Some of the non-OEM cases are just beautiful, like the Case Mate line with wood and the very expensive Vaja, but don't put your Zed into standby, don't say BB (!), or in the case of the Casemate, don't protect your screen in your pocket,.etc. Best
    alysem likes this.
    02-16-13 04:47 PM
    Lovin' the Ballistic SG so far!

IMO it's the best balance of what one would normally expect from a case without sacrificing usability ...

Looking for a case for my Z10-img_00000058.jpg
    BlackQtCoder and semperfi45 like this.
    02-16-13 10:21 PM
    Returned the Otterbox yesterday after giving up in frustration... and finally got to play with the phone un skinned! wow it works so much better than in that silly case!

I agree that it might make sense to have more than one case. I would like to have protection for falls and a better grip, but also a good belt clip. The holster I have for my 9700 Bold is great but I'd like to have space for a skin or case. Looks like Roots has something out or coming that might be worth a look. I'll persevere with only a screen protector for now...

Posted via CB10
    alysem likes this.
    02-17-13 10:54 PM
    I have the leather pouch for my Z10... love the device without a case, but got the pouch so it would offer some protection while in my pocket.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    02-18-13 12:59 AM
    Same experience for me. Great Z10 without the Otterbox.

Returned the Otterbox yesterday after giving up in frustration... and finally got to play with the phone un skinned! wow it works so much better than in that silly case!

I agree that it might make sense to have more than one case. I would like to have protection for falls and a better grip, but also a good belt clip. The holster I have for my 9700 Bold is great but I'd like to have space for a skin or case. Looks like Roots has something out or coming that might be worth a look. I'll persevere with only a screen protector for now...

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 07:19 AM
    Lovin' the Ballistic SG so far!

IMO it's the best balance of what one would normally expect from a case without sacrificing usability ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000058.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	136320
    Does the Ballistic come with a holster and belt clip?
    02-18-13 10:16 AM
    Does the Ballistic come with a holster and belt clip?
    No this is just the SG - the one with a holster & screen protector is the SG MAXX. They haven't released that one yet but they said via email they would sometime in the future.
    02-18-13 01:03 PM
26 12