I currently have a mess of email accounts and need help setting them up.

I have a Gmail account and two Hotmail accounts. I have the hotmail account and the gmail account auto-forwarding everything to my main hotmail account which i set up through outlook.com so that i could sync my calendars, tasks, etc. and get push emails. Thats all fine and good. The thing i need help with is my work account:

I have a work account on a BES server which i access through outlook. I want to set this up on my device but i do NOT want to set it up through BES because i dont want my work to have any access to my personal device whatsoever. I have a BES work supplied device but I usually keep it locked in my desk so id rather get my emails on my personal device. Anyways, I currently have it set up on my Torch and i dont remember how i did it, but i think its through the Outlook Web App. Is there a way to set this up on the Z10 without using BES and still having it push? Can i set up through ActiveSync on my outlook? Right now when i look at the Advanced Options on my Torch for this account there is a field for "Outlook Web Access URL"

Also, I obviously do not want to talk to my IT dept about this.

Unrelated question:

I have my work's WIFI password. If i access wifi through my device, will the IT admin be able to see whose device is using the network, specifically, or will it just tell them that a random smartphone is surfing the web, etc. I plan to use my work wifi network to listen to music on my phone.
    02-14-13 03:50 PM
    I currently have a mess of email accounts and need help setting them up.

I have a Gmail account and two Hotmail accounts. I have the hotmail account and the gmail account auto-forwarding everything to my main hotmail account which i set up through outlook.com so that i could sync my calendars, tasks, etc. and get push emails. Thats all fine and good. The thing i need help with is my work account:

I have a work account on a BES server which i access through outlook. I want to set this up on my device but i do NOT want to set it up through BES because i dont want my work to have any access to my personal device whatsoever. I have a BES work supplied device but I usually keep it locked in my desk so id rather get my emails on my personal device. Anyways, I currently have it set up on my Torch and i dont remember how i did it, but i think its through the Outlook Web App. Is there a way to set this up on the Z10 without using BES and still having it push? Can i set up through ActiveSync on my outlook? Right now when i look at the Advanced Options on my Torch for this account there is a field for "Outlook Web Access URL"

Also, I obviously do not want to talk to my IT dept about this.

Unrelated question:

I have my work's WIFI password. If i access wifi through my device, will the IT admin be able to see whose device is using the network, specifically, or will it just tell them that a random smartphone is surfing the web, etc. I plan to use my work wifi network to listen to music on my phone.

Well for one i don't know about how to help setting up the email thing if any of it can be done.

But for your unrelated question, the work IT will be able to know the name of the phone on the network and yes a blackberry phone or iphone will show up and the mac address and ip will show up and they will be able to track it down to someone who is on it, so i would advise don't ue your works wifi unless you have permission from the boss.
    02-14-13 03:55 PM
    So let me get this straight. Your work has BES in order to keep communications and information secure, but you want to, and have been, skirting around that? Hmmm.... Do you want to get fired?
    02-14-13 03:59 PM
    They can still see you accessing your email through activesync (the only other way I know to link your bb10 to your work email) with that said, your IT dept have to have activesync enabled on their exchange servers before you can access anything.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 04:10 PM
    So let me get this straight. Your work has BES in order to keep communications and information secure, but you want to, and have been, skirting around that? Hmmm.... Do you want to get fired?
    Thank you for your concern but lets just say i am not in the position to get fired. The issue is that my office has supplied us all with phones, I do not want to carry two phones and therefore am okay with just receiving my emails on my personal phone. Obviously, the IT depts response to this is "use your work phone" so they are no help. Ihad it set up before we switched to BES and i basically cant remember how i did it. As for the security issue, I am not to concerned about it. Most of the emails i send are either internal OR to clients, many of which are not on BES servers so one way or another the info is out there. Its more of a convenience issue for me,

On the other hand, the wifi i am definately circumventing the offices wifi policy. Again i wont be fired because of it, I just dont want the IT people to be able to see that the phone accessing the wifi is me (apparanrtly id be setting a bad example). I dont care if they see my IP address and all that but i dont want them to be able to trace it back to me (ex. I dont want them to see "Bob's Phone" and what its doing) . I wont be doing anyting inappropriate, just listening to music but our office regularly complains to people about their internet bandwidth usage and id rather not get into that with them. If i change my device name to something random, will this fix it?

Dont judge me lol
    02-14-13 04:47 PM
    They can still see you accessing your email through activesync (the only other way I know to link your bb10 to your work email) with that said, your IT dept have to have activesync enabled on their exchange servers before you can access anything.

I dont know whether they do or dont. All i know is i set it up through outlook BEFORE we switched to BES and it still works now even after we switched. When i go into the settings there is all sorts of stuff about Outlook Web Address......it does not push emal which i dont mind.
    02-14-13 04:49 PM
    Thank you for your concern but lets just say i am not in the position to get fired. The issue is that my office has supplied us all with phones, I do not want to carry two phones and therefore am okay with just receiving my emails on my personal phone. Obviously, the IT depts response to this is "use your work phone" so they are no help. Ihad it set up before we switched to BES and i basically cant remember how i did it. As for the security issue, I am not to concerned about it. Most of the emails i send are either internal OR to clients, many of which are not on BES servers so one way or another the info is out there. Its more of a convenience issue for me,

On the other hand, the wifi i am definately circumventing the offices wifi policy. Again i wont be fired because of it, I just dont want the IT people to be able to see that the phone accessing the wifi is me (apparanrtly id be setting a bad example). I dont care if they see my IP address and all that but i dont want them to be able to trace it back to me (ex. I dont want them to see "Bob's Phone" and what its doing) . I wont be doing anyting inappropriate, just listening to music but our office regularly complains to people about their internet bandwidth usage and id rather not get into that with them. If i change my device name to something random, will this fix it?

Dont judge me lol
    Someone already answered your question. Your IT department needs to expose ActiveSync to the net or you're basically out of luck. If they have configuration instructions for iPhones or Android devices you can probably use those settings to get there as well.

You don't need BES But you do need your company to support mobile device connectivity.

02-14-13 04:54 PM
    ok thank you all, last question

If im on BBM (previously through BIS, obviously not anymore) and i send a message to someone using BBM on our work BES. Can the IT people read it. I know they can between BES phones, but can they if the message is from a non BES phone.
    02-14-13 05:06 PM