Had an issue with my new Z10. The sound and vibrate notification did not seem to work.

I think the notification option was stuck to "silent". I tried clicking it to go back to normal (as seen in picture) but it didn't seem to work.
    No sound for Notifications and Calls - FIXED!!-img_00000032.jpg

FIX - Had to do a "Hard reset" (holding "volume up", "volume down" and "power button" for 10 seconds). After the reset the phone rings, vibrates and does everything beautifully.

YAYYYY! Hope this will help others.
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    02-14-13 10:49 AM
    You can also pull the battery, I will try your trick next time. How do you get it from dropping all sound, it tends to happen at least two times a day. The problem is you don't realize sound is not working until you look at the phone and see you have a few missed calls, BBMs and text messages.
    02-14-13 11:05 AM
    @ievansetech

I'll keep you updated if this issue happens again. So far it has been working great. I hear ya about not knowing about the problem until you see all the missed calls and messages. LOL

Funny thing is; I thought I just wasn't hearing it (I work in construction) and so I went through all the notification settings and turned all the notifications volumes up and turned on vibrate on all the settings. Realized it wasn't working when there was no vibrate coming out. Some of the "bleeps" for messages still worked but most notifications there was no ring or vibrate.
    02-14-13 11:26 AM
    You only need to hold the power button down for 10 seconds. The use of the volume buttons is to take a screen shot at the time of the restart.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 11:26 AM
    You only need to hold the power button down for 10 seconds. The use of the volume buttons is to take a screen shot at the time of the restart.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    As far as I know the hard reset is the same as the PlayBook and requires the volume up and down keys to be held as well for a proper hard reset. I'll look into it. Do you have a link providing info on a hard reset for the Z10?

Thanks,

Brian
    02-14-13 11:37 AM
    As far as I know the hard reset is the same as the PlayBook and requires the volume up and down keys to be held as well for a proper hard reset. I'll look into it. Do you have a link providing info on a hard reset for the Z10?

Thanks,

Brian
    How to restart a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    02-14-13 11:47 AM
    Thanks Jem.

But I am still sceptical that that is only to do a restart and not a "hard reset". Same as playbook, it has a restart and a "hard reset" option. How To Perform a Hard Reset on the BlackBerry PlayBook - BerryReview

I'll look into it some more.

Brian
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    02-14-13 12:34 PM
    Hi brian,

I am facing the same issue. Looks like it is a bluetooth problem.
    04-03-13 11:03 AM
    There are two causes that create this problem.

One is related to blue tooth use. Not sure of the status of that bug with the latest update.

The other cause is accidently hitting the volume buttons to silence notifications. The notification profile can be changed on you by doing that as well and you need to go back into notifications settings to change it back. Outstanding bug.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:27 AM
    I have the same problem and really can not get the sound back in notifications.
    I tried hard reset as mentioned here, but it did not work.
    Someone with this problem effectively managed solution without counting those cited here?
    04-11-13 11:00 AM
    I had this problem before the update, then it went away, but it came back the last couple of days. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:42 AM
    I had the problem before the update, and I have now updated to 10.0.10.99 and the problem seems to persist I don't us Bluetooth but I do use wifi, I tried a wipe and restore and the problem is still going on. is there any solution? has this been deemed definitely a software problem?
    04-14-13 12:26 PM
    Then remain sceptical. If you hold the power button long enough you can clearly see it cuts the power.
    04-14-13 12:28 PM
    I believe it's software, because as I said in my case if I put the headset, touch and hear the sounds normally.
    This problem came to me after I updated to version 10.0.10.99.
    04-15-13 10:09 AM
    So as far as we know this is a software issue and returning the phone for a replacement would be pointless as the problem would persist. Has anyone found a solution to this? Should I return the phone? Any suggestions?
    04-18-13 05:05 AM
    Why don't hey fix the simple, nagging issues like this? I'm sure some newbies won't be putting up with these little issues that add up, and return the otherwise great device.

Hope 10.1 is out soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:45 PM
    I have tried "rebooting" a few times, with and without wi-fi and Bluetooth on and I still have no notification/call/keypad sound at all. Any suggestions?
    04-19-13 03:11 AM
    I am a Blackberry user to 8 years and is awaiting the release of Z10 with anxiety, but at the moment I confess qu'm sad with this problem actually irritating.
    Nadia Handlinger likes this.
    04-19-13 10:35 AM
    I've had this problem for a few times already. Basically the device can't play any sound (e.g. no sound in playing a video). The issue was resolved after a normal restart. I am on Z10STL100-1/10.0.9.2372.

Is it a known issue?
    05-01-13 10:45 AM
    asiayeah, I'm on the same version of firmeware you. But in my case the restart gave no specific solution. I still have the problem.
    Someone even have a manufacturer's position on this? Any new ideas?
    05-06-13 09:38 AM
    I believe this issue is software only. Nevertheless, I have swapped my phone so I could upgrade to the 10.0.10.672. Since then, I don't have the same issue. My previous phone doesn't allow me to upgrade due to region issues.
    05-15-13 06:37 PM
    Surely the problem is software. Someone with the same problem installed version 10.1 released recently and had to solve the problem?
    05-21-13 01:43 PM
    i�m running OS 10.1.0.273 and i have this problem also.
    Notification are set to normal, but still no sound at all.
    I tried to restart the phone but everything is the same.

This is freakin me out.
    Any solution please let us know.
    05-24-13 04:51 PM
    i�m running OS 10.1.0.273 and i have this problem also.
    Notification are set to normal, but still no sound at all.
    I tried to restart the phone but everything is the same.

This is freakin me out.
    Any solution please let us know.
    any luck now? it happened to me too! never use headset / bluetooth. already did battery pull, memory card pull, sim card pull....zilt !
    07-02-13 11:42 PM
    me too...help my BB Z10 after upgrade the software i also fall in the issues with it.
    08-01-13 05:54 AM
37 12