When I check the options when I'm in the time shift camera..the flash section is grayed out..

So do we not get a flash with the time shift camera?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 09:39 AM
    No. It wouldn't make sense, as it would have to flash continuously for about a second, which would be blinding. That would defeat the purpose of being able to make someone "un-blink".

02-14-13 09:44 AM
    The flash should be able to turn on like you would with a video camera.

niss63 likes this.
    02-14-13 09:51 AM
    Time shift takes 8-10 shots in rapid succession, as stated above this isn't possible to have the flash for every shot.
    Very few cameras could do this, let alone a smartphone.

For best lighting when using time shift focus on a dark area, this will cause the camera to compensate and let the maximum light in

02-14-13 09:52 AM
    For me, not having the flash for time shift isn't a big deal (and it's understandable why flash isn't supported for this type of function). The question I have is why can't I zoom while in the Time Shift function? I understand a lot of time shift moments will be done with portraits and zoom may not be needed, but for things like sports events where you're sitting farther away, zoom + time shift would be a great combination to have!
    02-14-13 10:01 AM
    For me, not having the flash for time shift isn't a big deal (and it's understandable why flash isn't supported for this type of function). The question I have is why can't I zoom while in the Time Shift function? I understand a lot of time shift moments will be done with portraits and zoom may not be needed, but for things like sports events where you're sitting farther away, zoom + time shift would be a great combination to have!
    My guess would be this. The resolution of time shift images are lower than the cameras 8mp standard, due to taking so many shots rapidly.
    Digital rather than optical zoom will lower this picture quality further.

All a guess but would make sense.

02-14-13 10:50 AM
    My guess is that it has to do with stability. Time Shift doesn't work well with a lot of movement in the shots, which would be even worse when you're zoomed in and the image is shaking more.

02-14-13 11:48 AM
    I cannot use the time shift camera (face detection) under landscape mode? It just provides the ability to pick the whole picture, not single face modification.

If I turn the phone to portrait, it is usable under the same condition. Any guys notice that ?
    04-04-13 03:13 AM