02-14-13 08:26 AM
    It means he's gone. Bye-bye jimmy. No harm, no foul.
    02-14-13 08:31 AM
    One thing, December 31st was ages ago. If it happened within the last few weeks, that would be alarming.

All it really means to me is there is a bigger float out there.
    hamzasalam and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-14-13 08:31 AM
    He had disagreements over management decisions. Seems crazy that shares dropped 6 percent odd over this news pre trade, I guess the markets like that. As mentioned the date this happened makes it quite irrelevant in the real world, not sure why the market reacted like it did but won't matter.
    02-14-13 09:19 AM
    Next stop, he auditions for Shark Tank on ABC

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 09:33 AM
    His decisions are not a good benchmark to follow.
    02-14-13 09:54 AM
    Looks like Jimmy missed the big run. Good one!
    02-14-13 09:57 AM
    He lost an absolute boatload by selling them then.
    02-14-13 10:02 AM
    There are a few data points to keep in mind on this one:

1) Mike Lazaridis has continued to have a fairly strong association with BB, remaining on the board and apparently still weighing in on technical issues. Note, for instance, that Mike was at the Z10 launch and got a specific shout-out from Heins.

2) Jim Balsillie has been known to have an ego as big as all outdoors, and seems to have been apportioned the major portion of the blame for driving BB into the ditch. I can't imagine he's taking that well.

In my mind, this sell-off was motivated by bu++hurt as much as anything else...
    02-14-13 10:08 AM
    Jim was the one quoted, "It’s kind of one more entrant into an already very busy space with lots of choice for consumers ... But in terms of a sort of a sea-change for BlackBerry, I would think that’s overstating it."

He missed it. He resisted change.
    02-14-13 10:15 AM
    It hasn't hurt the stock at all. Its up 2.31% +0.32
    02-14-13 10:15 AM
    Executive compensations packages at publicly traded companies tend to include stock and/or stock options. These have to be held for a minimum period of time (1 years say) to prevent the executive from selling shares in response to insider information about the company. Seeing as how he was BBRY-free as of Dec 31, 2012, chances are he sold as soon as his vesting period expired. Dec 31 is the SEC reporting date, not the sell date. He could have sold at any time between Oct 1 and Dec 31.
    Sith_Apprentice and peter9477 like this.
    02-14-13 10:17 AM
    We'll get a book on these happenings one day ......the rise and fall of JB. The death of RIMM and the phoenix-like rise of BBRY under TH .......
    02-14-13 10:30 AM
    We'll get a book on these happenings one day ......the rise and fall of JB. The death of RIMM and the phoenix-like rise of BBRY under TH .......
    I REALLY hope that there has been a good writer or two with inside access. One of my all-time favorite books was Tracy Kidder's "The Soul of a New Machine"; there's easily been enough drama in the RIM/BB story to be worth something similar.
    02-14-13 10:39 AM
    Maybe he wants to buy a nice big house?

Folks, media, and analysts can make it mean anything they want

S

02-14-13 10:42 AM
    The fact that the stock is rising again tells us all we need to know.
    02-14-13 10:51 AM
    Next stop, he auditions for Shark Tank on ABC

This is exactly what it means!!! How didn't anyone laugh?!? Jk

Yeah. The stocks have gone up after learning that he hasn't been involved since the last day of the year. The market likes that.
    02-14-13 04:04 PM
    Jim Balsillie lost complete interest in RIM last year when he quit the Board of Directors. Mr. Heins put it quite diplomatically when he said he had no contact with Mr. Balsillie. Mr. Heins credits Mr. Lazaridis with being the idea man at the board. He was the visionary that got the first devices onto the drawing board. Mr. Balsillie was on the business side of things and got the ideas and product to market.

With a revitalized executive and management team on board at RIM (now BB), Mr. Lazaridis is again able to do what he does best ... looking to the future with a vision displayed by few people around the world. Mr. Heins and the rest of the team see to the implementation of those ideas and the selling of those ideas in the form of new devices, platforms and functionality to the world.

In this context, Mr. Balsillie dumping the rest of his shares becomes a non-event.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-14-13 07:56 PM
    means hes gone and out of BlackBerry's life for good.
    Jim did some great things for Rim/BlackBerry but..that was then and this is now.
    it was only a matter if time..

nothing to look into
    02-14-13 08:00 PM
    He might be trying to get a job somewhere else. He's just dumping it to so that there is no conflict of interest and that he is seperate from BlackBerry.
    02-15-13 05:28 AM