I've been doing some research on this topic but I still haven't been able to get word prediction to work in the browser? For everything else words appear over the frets. It's only in the browser that the words don't show up.
    02-14-13 12:13 AM
    it generally doesn't appear in text fields where it would be logical to type non words, like username fields , password fields z browser search, universal search. That's just my impression using the device.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 01:31 AM
    it generally doesn't appear in text fields where it would be logical to type non words, like username fields , password fields z browser search, universal search. That's just my impression using the device.

That is partly true, the address bar should show up predictions for when you are typing in a address example twitter.
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 Browser. No word prediction?-img_00000027.jpg   BB10 Browser. No word prediction?-img_00000028.jpg  
    02-14-13 08:46 AM
    I would at least like the option to use the word prediction.

02-14-13 02:00 PM
    I came here to find a way to do this. That address bar is for googling something more likely, and less likely for inputting a URL. Why no text prediction for my googling?
    03-04-13 06:36 PM
    because if you are googling something, it is most likely you never used that word before or looking up something that you dont know so it wouldnt know what to predict. the prediction results above the keyboard are sourced from google or previous search results.
    03-04-13 08:40 PM
    I'm talking about keyboard text prediction like you would have on a message (auto correct). If you don't know what I mean just open up the browser and type a sentence. You'll notice that the regular correction isn't on and you have to be exact with your typing
    03-05-13 01:52 AM
    Word predictions would interfere with browser suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    jstirtzinger likes this.
    03-05-13 02:46 AM
    I don't think it does. And at the chance it does, the efficiency far outweighs the disruption. There should at least be the option
    03-05-13 12:58 PM
    How about in text boxes, i.e. Facebook, Doesn't work in them either. I could do without auto-correction in the URL bar.
    03-05-13 01:13 PM
    It doesn't work in places like user name, url's, and passwords because more often than not, the words used are not "real" words or are connected in various ways. I just went to a site I use and started to type a message to someone and all the word predictions and swipe up worked just fine.
    03-05-13 01:27 PM
    Hmm, my z10 shows predictions in the URL box in my browser...

I type you and get YouTube as a suggestion - all in lower case in fact.
    I believe I have seen the prediction work on text boxes as well - except passwords.

I have two languages active - English and German.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 01:27 PM
    BB10 Browser. No word prediction?-img_00000613.jpg
    Get suggestions in URL, doesn't autocorrect though
    BB10 Browser. No word prediction?-img_00000614.jpg
    doesn't even give suggestions in textboxes, which would be nice (even in username areas)
    GP158 likes this.
    03-05-13 01:48 PM
    I have experienced the same issue. Text prediction(where you can flick the words with your thumb), on the keyboard of the Z 10, does not work when you are on the web. It only seems to work with text messages,emails, notes, etc. But not with web applications like YouTube or browsers. Please let me know if this is an issue with my BlackBerry or is everybody experiencing the same issue with Z10.
    04-24-13 06:17 AM
    The major problem I'm having is that even though this amazing keyboard can figure out my fat finger gibberish typing so well, I've kinda gotten used to flying through msgs. But in the browser, I have to slow right down and take my time or all I see is gibberish

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:48 AM
    Any one know how to stop the predictive text for websites when typing in the address bar?
    05-16-13 02:12 PM
    I found this forum discussion because having same issue, want to search and have word prediction up swipe from physical priv kb.
    I found a solution:
    Uc browser
    The selection they have at top to search Google (or other search engines) provides a text input to Google that works with the prediction.
    11-17-16 11:54 AM
    I found this forum discussion because having same issue, want to search and have word prediction up swipe from physical priv kb.
    I found a solution:
    Uc browser
    The selection they have at top to search Google (or other search engines) provides a text input to Google that works with the prediction.
    Priv doesn't run BB10 so you've posted this in the wrong thread.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 11-17-16 at 11:48 PM.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-17-16 04:17 PM
    If you want word predictions make Google your home page and use It there. Quit complaining about a perfectly good feature that works the way it was intended in an address bar.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 04:52 AM
    If you want word predictions make Google your home page and use It there. Quit complaining about a perfectly good feature that works the way it was intended in an address bar.

Posted via CB10
    Google isn't the only one with word prediction.

Also, for me word prediction in the address bar works fine.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    11-21-16 03:47 PM