I pre-ordered my black bb z10 with Telus on January 31st and still have not received it. I have been told by a rep on the phone and received the same message and in the following e mail quote, "Blackberry is having a delivery problem with its Z10. Apparently, there is a software revision flash being performed prior to transit which is causing the delay. We are waiting for them to arrive" They are saying the issue that is being fixed has to due with excessive battery drain. Is this true? They still cannot give me a date when to expect my phone.
    02-13-13 02:46 PM
    I pre-ordered my black bb z10 with Telus on January 31st and still have not received it. I have been told by a rep on the phone and received the same message and in the following e mail quote, "Blackberry is having a delivery problem with its Z10. Apparently, there is a software revision flash being performed prior to transit which is causing the delay. We are waiting for them to arrive" They are saying the issue that is being fixed has to due with excessive battery drain. Is this true? They still cannot give me a date when to expect my phone.
    Call again & see what the next rep says. To be honest it COULD be true but every rep will give you a different answer.
    02-13-13 02:49 PM
    That would be nice..Mine died at work yesterday at 3pm..It had charged all night. I had to go out and buy a car charger for it..
    02-13-13 02:49 PM
    mine seems to last all day..i usually have 4 active frames opened at once and use my phone on the medium. i turn on my phone before 8:30am and it usually dies at 10pm
    02-13-13 03:04 PM
    Even if that is the case, wouldn't an update suffice? Doesn't make sense that BB would supposedly delay the phone to update the software when others already have the phone.. I preordered mine from Rogers the same day you did yours, and got mine in two business days.
    ibpluto and meganVee like this.
    02-13-13 03:15 PM
    Been browsing lots today and running apps and calling people and battery was at 100% since 7:30 am this morning and it is at 37% at 4:20pm, so thats 8hrs so far from my usage and when it gets to around 10-20% i will charge it up again, of course it will vary for people as it depends on how much you use the phone and for what you use it for.

I had bluetooth on today and bridged on today and wifi is always on, but i turn bluetooth off and other things as well i not use or going to use like NFC and brightness is turned down to where i can just make out the words.

This Is its FIRST INITIAL CHARGE to 100%, just got phone yesterday and started to use it yesterday and then charged it up last night.
    root2 likes this.
    02-13-13 03:23 PM
    Call again & see what the next rep says. To be honest it COULD be true but every rep will give you a different answer.
    I just called again and got the same answer. They said there will be a patch for phones already sent and new phone will be updated before their release, hence the delay. Very disappointing but how is it this isn't bigger news? Could this just be a Telus problem?
    02-13-13 03:23 PM
    Huh? I pre-ordered a Black Z10 from Telus on January 30th and have had my phone for more then a week now.
    robkd and molson0 like this.
    02-13-13 03:25 PM
    I am a rep for TELUS and confirm that there are no firmware updates going on. Simply a 3 week waiting time to get your hands on one.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Shermesefalcon likes this.
    02-13-13 03:27 PM
    I just called again and got the same answer. They said there will be a patch for phones already sent and new phone will be updated before their release, hence the delay. Very disappointing but how is it this isn't bigger news? Could this just be a Telus problem?
    It could well be. OR Telus is just covering their asses because they have no stock & just plain lie to customers & say " There is a update to fix the battery issues, this is why the devices are not here yet". No one knows what the REAL truth is here.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-13-13 03:28 PM
    I am a rep for TELUS and confirm that there are no firmware updates going on. Simply a 3 week waiting time to get your hands on one.

Yes but when reps give out the wrong info, that means it can cause more stress / problems. Most likely some reps have been informed to give this info out to calm down customer.
    02-13-13 03:30 PM
    Weird. I ordered my phone online from Telus on Monday and it arrived in the mail today..
    02-13-13 03:32 PM
    Weird. I ordered my phone online from Telus on Monday and it arrived in the mail today..
    Do not listen to what the user is saying. The user got the wrong info from the reps. Reps are known to do this.
    02-13-13 03:33 PM
    This seems like a credible reason for a delay.
    02-13-13 03:48 PM
    I can confirm Rogers is out of stock on the Z10's since last friday, i ordered this monday and out of stock, but one of my local stores had a shipment come in yesterday so i was able to pick one up from them,,,,,,,,,,,, awesome.
    02-13-13 03:54 PM
    This seems like a credible reason for a delay.
    Where you the the actual source or even a email that a rep has to show us? It does not make sense how i called over 10 times & never got this answer. All the reps told me they are waiting for the stock to come. Never once did they mention a " Update". Called a few stores in Toronto & they laughed when i said about the update. They all said its because the phone got sold out so they are waiting for the stock.

Anyways if this IS true, that would be amazing BUT i am not going to believe something like this UNLESS it has proof or a leak of a image of a email showing the reason.
    02-13-13 03:58 PM
    Lies I got mine with no pre order

02-13-13 04:00 PM
    I ordered ours from a Telus store 3 days ago. They told me it just arrived today.
    02-13-13 04:14 PM
    Where you the the actual source or even a email that a rep has to show us? It does not make sense how i called over 10 times & never got this answer. All the reps told me they are waiting for the stock to come. Never once did they mention a " Update". Called a few stores in Toronto & they laughed when i said about the update. They all said its because the phone got sold out so they are waiting for the stock.

Anyways if this IS true, that would be amazing BUT i am not going to believe something like this UNLESS it has proof or a leak of a image of a email showing the reason.
    I am the original recipient of the e mails (and I saved them). The quote is a direct cut and paste from the original e mail. I am dealing with Smart Cell Communications from Ottawa. I am a new customer to Telus and signed up for a corporate deal through my work. The deal is great and that is why I haven't canceled and gone elsewhere.
    02-13-13 04:30 PM
    Soooo... Z10's are sold out?
    Nice
    02-13-13 04:45 PM
    Soooo... Z10's are sold out?
    Nice
    Most Telus, Rogers, Bell & Fido stores are sold out. Also most Future Shop's & Best Buy's are sold out of the device.

In the end, i do NOT believe the set back is because of a update. First of all they would have stopped all the shipments from every carrier in Canada & also send out a update to us that have the phone. Also Telus & Blackberry would have went live to say its because of this. No where did i see that. People need to think logical here before believing the reps.
    02-13-13 04:49 PM
    I am the original recipient of the e mails (and I saved them). The quote is a direct cut and paste from the original e mail. I am dealing with Smart Cell Communications from Ottawa. I am a new customer to Telus and signed up for a corporate deal through my work. The deal is great and that is why I haven't canceled and gone elsewhere.
    Don't worry about it man, no need to explain. You got an email and copy/pasted it here. Thanks for sharing. If some choose not to believe you, that's their choice. I'll take it at face value, I have no reason to believe you're coming on here posting just to 'stir the pot'.
    Ecm likes this.
    02-13-13 04:50 PM
    Don't worry about it man, no need to explain. You got an email and copy/pasted it here. Thanks for sharing. If some choose not to believe you, that's their choice. I'll take it at face value, I have no reason to believe you're coming on here posting just to 'stir the pot'.

I am not saying its his fault either nor do i think the user is " Stiring the pot". The problem is that reps which give the wrong info, are doing something stupid & wrong. The fact that they make people believe something that could not be true, goes really low. The problem is that reps give us wrong info & make us believe something which is not true. This has happened millions of times & reps do not get it which is sad.
    02-13-13 04:52 PM
    Went in stores Sunday and they had 4 or 5 available! Got mine!

02-13-13 05:06 PM
    I think i'm seeing the problem here, you're not ordering from Telus directly, you're going through a third party. They have no stock and they're giving you some BS excuse.
    02-13-13 05:20 PM
45 12