I've been trying to get my calendar to work properly since I got my Z10, no luck so far, hopefully someone can help...

Ok some background:

-My calendar is set to sync with my Gmail account.

-I originally set up my email account using default settings (IMAP). This resulted in me not being able to add any events to my Gmail calendar at all. I could only view them. (or add event to my Local Calendar)

-So I deleted the account and then set it up again using Exchange (Add>Advanced>Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync). This way I can add, delete & edit my google calendar. Perfect right? But then I went to invite someone to an event (a feature I used all the time on my old Blackberrys & all the time on my Android devices) and Participants is greyed out and says "This calendar does not support participants".

-If I select Calendar>Settings>Meeting Invitation Settings for my gmail calendar account again it is greyed out and it says "ActiveSync Calendars can only be connected with email service from the same ActiveSync account" (what does that even mean?).

-I did notice that I can associate my Local Calendar with a different one of my email accounts I can send invites from there. But that does not work because unless I invite myself as well the appointment won't show up on my google calendar. And more importantly I can't be sending my invites from a different calendar than my actual email account I want my contacts to be emailing/inviting me at.

Soooo how can you have the ability to properly use calendar invites? I need this functionality (as to most business users so I can't see that it wouldn't be supported). Please help. Thx
    02-12-13 01:57 PM
    I am not familiar with Gmail, nor have i tried to use this function outside of an Exchange Server, so my first question to you would be have you eve been able to do this using Gmail, prior to getting the Z10?
    02-12-13 04:00 PM
    I am having the same issues, honestly its my biggest grief right now with the Z10. My hope is that when the imap issues are fixed we will be able to send calendar invites. The reason why I am optimistic is that I previously set up imap calendar on PlayBook and had perfect integration with sending calendar invites. Hopefully it will be a fix on the next update.

My work around at the moment is to set up the email on exchange, create the appointment then go to Google Calendar on the browser (which I have bookmarked) and add the attendees via the browser. The calendar on the Z10 recognizes the attendees very quickly and when they accept it shows that on the Z10.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 04:27 PM
    This a known issue with google calendar when using it via EAS and they say they are working on a fix, they are trying to fix it with caldav, if you do a google search of the issue you will find many workarounds IOS users had to take to fix this.

02-12-13 04:41 PM
    This a known issue with google calendar when using it via EAS and they say they are working on a fix, they are trying to fix it with caldav, if you do a google search of the issue you will find many workarounds IOS users had to take to fix this.

Does anyone know any work arounds? In particular is the work around for the exchange set up?

02-12-13 04:44 PM
    The issue with google calendar in general as I said a google search will give him many posibles fixes

02-12-13 04:49 PM
    I am not familiar with Gmail, nor have i tried to use this function outside of an Exchange Server, so my first question to you would be have you eve been able to do this using Gmail, prior to getting the Z10?
    02-12-13 05:36 PM
    The issue with google calendar in general as I said a google search will give him many posibles fixes

I searched. Didn't find anything relevant. Do you have any suggestions, ideas or links?
    02-12-13 05:38 PM
    Also searched, it wasn't as easy as you said, also could not find anything.

02-12-13 05:54 PM
    http://m.crackberry.com/how-allow-at...playbook-os-20

Sometimes things are hidden in front of you lol, but basically the only way is setting your calendar as a caldav account, I am doing some tests to this to find an easy way but for now Caldav is the way to go, what I've done is Calendar only as caldav and everything else via EAS so far no issues

02-12-13 06:02 PM
    I don't think this works on Bb10 right now. Adding your calendar via caldev is not working. Caldev is the standard option for account set up and as many users have reported they are having issues adding it this way. The work around is to add it via exchange, which doesn't allow invites. For the record are you telling me that you have added the calendar via caldev and have fully functioning invite capabilities?

02-12-13 06:15 PM
    I don't think this works on Bb10 right now. Adding your calendar via caldev is not working. Caldev is the standard option for account set up and as many users have reported they are having issues adding it this way. The work around is to add it via exchange, which doesn't allow invites. For the record are you telling me that you have added the calendar via caldev and have fully functioning invite capabilities?

Yes i am and i am also telling you i have no issues adding it to my device using the advanced setup, check the link i posted and add the calendar that way it works

02-12-13 06:26 PM
    Yes i am and i am also telling you i have no issues adding it to my device using the advanced setup, check the link i posted and add the calendar that way it works

I'd love to know how you have it set up that allows you to have full invite capabilities like you said.

The settings from your link don't work. This is what it says:
    Enter in your account information as follows:
    Description = Name your calendar (if you sync more than one Google calendar, give this a unique name because you’ll need to be able to distinguish the two later)
    Username = full email address
    Email Address = Full email address
    Password = your Gmail account password
    Server Address = Google

That works but it is completely read only. It doesn't allow you to add events. It doesn't allow you to edit events. It certainly doesn't allow you to send meeting invites.

Please advise, Thanks.
    02-12-13 09:23 PM
    Here is my setup and it does certainly works

02-12-13 09:38 PM
    D Mac what os version are you using?, it seems to be OS version are different from carrier to carrier and some version have bugs related to some of this stuff
    also make sure you are not also syncing via EAS for the same calendar as this will cause issues
    02-12-13 09:40 PM
    Here is my setup and it does certainly works

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1a54533a.jpg
    I have read tons of threads about that issue and for EVERYONE except you that is Read Only. Why is yours different? Those are the same settings I listed why do you have read/write/invite options?

I'd love to see a pic of your calendar settings invite screen and of you actually being able to list somebody as an invite in a calendar appointment using that calendar.
    02-12-13 09:44 PM
    D Mac what os version are you using?, it seems to be OS version are different from carrier to carrier and some version have bugs related to some of this stuff
    also make sure you are not also syncing via EAS for the same calendar as this will cause issues

I believe you mentioned in another thread that you are running 10.0.10.... I hope that is why it works for you but from what I've read you are the Only person it works for.
    02-12-13 09:46 PM

I believe you mentioned in another thread that you are running 10.0.10.... I hope that is why it works for you but from what I've read you are the Only person it works for.
    That very well be the issue then...
    02-12-13 09:57 PM
    That very well be the issue then...
    Well I seriously hope so. I can wait a few weeks for 10.0.10 that's not a dealbreaker. I just hope it's not because of some account specific quirk that you have (paid account or something else).
    02-12-13 10:02 PM
    Well I seriously hope so. I can wait a few weeks for 10.0.10 that's not a dealbreaker. I just hope it's not because of some account specific quirk that you have (paid account or something else).
    No my gmail account is personal aka free lol, this is a family calendar my wife and I share

02-12-13 11:24 PM
    No my gmail account is personal aka free lol, this is a family calendar my wife and I share

Well we'll see if it is resolved for everyone else in 10.0.10 then. I hope so.
    02-12-13 11:33 PM
    I'm hoping they push an update before US release

conite likes this.
    02-13-13 12:41 AM
    10.0.10 is a Dev Alpha OS version. Is that what you're running ealvnv?

Also, in your server settings it just says Google. Is that because you whited out the rest (.../calendar/dav/user/events/), or is that all you have? Maybe that's the solution??

The latest version for the official Z10 is 10.0.9.348 and as far as I can tell there is no way to run a Gmail calendar that supports inviting participants. I have spent hours and hours (probably days now) trying every combination of setup configuration for a Gmail calendar there is. CalDAV is read-only and EAS won't allow inviting participants. This is a pretty shocking bug. My wife was excited to get her Z10 this weekend, but now she's going to have to hold off as she's out of the office a lot and the inability to easily invite participants to a calendar is a deal-breaker. This is very unfortunate - REALLY hoping BlackBerry releases a new update asap!

Would also be nice if they fixed the calendar crashing issue if you don't select a calendar before selecting a time
    02-15-13 10:27 AM
    Answer from OP's posting: "a feature I used all the time on my old Blackberrys & all the time on my Android devices"
    02-15-13 10:58 AM
    10.0.10 is a Dev Alpha OS version. Is that what you're running ealvnv?

Also, in your server settings it just says Google. Is that because you whited out the rest (.../calendar/dav/user/events/), or is that all you have? Maybe that's the solution??

The latest version for the official Z10 is 10.0.9.348 and as far as I can tell there is no way to run a Gmail calendar that supports inviting participants. I have spent hours and hours (probably days now) trying every combination of setup configuration for a Gmail calendar there is. CalDAV is read-only and EAS won't allow inviting participants. This is a pretty shocking bug. My wife was excited to get her Z10 this weekend, but now she's going to have to hold off as she's out of the office a lot and the inability to easily invite participants to a calendar is a deal-breaker. This is very unfortunate - REALLY hoping BlackBerry releases a new update asap!

Would also be nice if they fixed the calendar crashing issue if you don't select a calendar before selecting a time
    Yes on dev alpha and I'm running 10.0.10 on the Z10 too.

Yeah on the server I just have www google com and took everything else out of there

02-15-13 01:53 PM
46 12